After Two Weeks of the NFL Season...what have we learned?

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
I'll start it for ya guys...one of our great capping tools...post my thoughts in a bit.

25% of starting left tackles were out yesterday. Brutal.

NFL needs an nba style tenths of second clock under 10 seconds at least...imo...

Officials are worse and worse

Miami is embarrassing. NE wasn’t even trying to pound them.

If Brees injury is significant...a big loss for the league in general...

Atlanta plays D now. Finally...but Matty looks like a rookie out there.

Philly was a mash unit. Wentz is such a gamer.

Dallas woke up after a quarter. Looking forward to their first tough opponent but they look good.

Kyler played pretty well at Baltimore. I’m impressed.

Houston was hungover from week 1 and barely came out alive. How does Jax take ball out of Minshews hand going for the win?

Lions won... survived... I’ll take it.

Weird game in GB...just weird. That game went under...lol

Russ still a gamer. Nice road win. Ben hurt...

The list of true title contenders is short this year...and with injuries getting shorter...

Kyle Shanahan is the best offensive mind in football. Besides Kittle who are these guys?

There's a reason Matty Ice looks so bad. No Kyle = no MVP.

Wonder when the books will give the 9ers the respect they deserve? Feel like they're off a full 7 points.

Pats are just a superior team to anything in the AFC. Chiefs lack of a running game is a huge problem.

Yes - Pats tried to win that game by 14-17 points.

I came into the season wanting to do something EACH week until it proved a failing trend. So far, undefeated.

Bet ON the Patriots every week. - Finally, an elite defense and top offensive weapons.

Bet on the 9ers every week. - Best Dline in football and a healthy GQ. Still lined as if Nick Mullens is the QB with no defense.

Bet UNDER Broncos every week - Fangio the best DC in the game but this is a brutal offense.

Bet AGAINST Miami every week - an all time bad team TRYING to lose. Clemson would beat them.

Bills look to be an ADD to this list.

Just random thoughts, didnt watch all games, just caught updates, etc, etc....

Panthers are not good, well Cam is getting as bad as he dresses. Mccaffery is the entire offense, easy to game plan for Carolina. Great bounce back for Crab legs

San Fran good 2nd road win, but they have played TB and Cincy. Not impressed just, need to see more, but they do look good.

Colts will be competitive all year with this team. They do have a chip on their shoulder since everyone wrote them off from even winning the division after Luck left. Titans, looked like what they will be all year.

Pats, good lord, they have had two big beat downs, but both teams are 0-2. They have the easiest schedule, make playoffs and probably another championship run. Until then, dont bet against them. Trust me! Its much easier mentally to put money on them and lose, then to put money against them and lose.

Bills are taking that jump and look like where they left off last year. Good for them. Team is playing hard on both sides of the ball so far. Giants also look like where they left off last year.

Seahawks are also another team that does not give up when you got a QB like Wilson back there. Steelers, dont even look like a playoff team in that division at the moment.

So far, 2 games and Dak's next contract is getting higher. Slow start, but they took control, defense and offense stepped up when plays needed to be made. Wash is going to play tough, but they are not winning more than 6 games this year. ticket holder for that bet

Lamar looks great! This team can honestly give pats trouble in playoffs and I'd love to see these two meet if they continue playing like this. Zona is taking the right steps and Kyler is and will be good. Baltimore needs to step on the gas a bit more and not let teams hang around. Wish Suggs was still there!

Jags and Texans always play tight. Stash looks pretty good and should have won that game with all the momentum on their side converting on a 4th and 14!! Texans need to let Deshaun just run the offense, not Obrien,

Mahomes is damn good and he will be the first $200M player in NFL! Defense showed they can bounce back after giving up 10 first two drives.

Bears should have lost that game. No Denver should have. Tough loss for Denver!! Should be deflated after that type of loss! Bears just had a bit more luck than Denver. Offense does not look good so far to start the season.

Huge loss if Brees is out! Atlanta can finally have a chance to win the division. Officials still are bad, not sure why there is instant replay if they still get the call wrong...?!? Rams, should get better and better as the season goes on.

Falcons could have easily lost that game also, they did make a few extra plays but Atl D with a couple key stops won it. Wentz is a good QB and team should get much better as the season goes on. Not sure how long they will miss the WRs, but as long as Wentz is back there, shouldnt be an issue.

Shanny is a excellent play caller, same thought was crossing my mind when watching tidbits of that game last night. Obvious why Ryan been trash since he left. Agree they lined short this week, dunno if it 7 short considering their comp so far but to not make them at least -3 at home seems incredibly odd/disrespectful.

Now that teams have got a year worth of film on the limited things Nagy can draw up Trubisky does well bears offense in real trouble, if they don’t start using him as a runner whether scripted or just tell him to make plays which he not doing for some reason! I dunno how they move the chains going forward? You take away his easy reads and his accuracy is pathetic. They have more than enough weapons but the book out and regressing, defense can only take you so far. Skins d held up for a half vs solid offenses, they should hold bears under 20 again long as Keenum don’t turn it over a bunch.

Colts need a kicker, they should be 2-0, could easily be 0-2 cause vinateri. Bar says he retiring today which thank god!!! They well coached and strong in trenches, brissett wasn’t asked to do a ton but he has shown more than capable and has been great late in games when they need a score. They be a tough out all year if they fix the kicking situation.

Miami is disgusting. More highlights I see the more embarrassing it is.

I sure didn’t expect cardinals would move the ball so well on ravens. Even if this air raid does work I will say we saw the same problem I’ve always hated about it in college, when they get down close to goal line they have no ability to muscle up and score. That will cost them all year imo.

Bad comp or not Dallas is for real. Wrong team was favored to win east imo.

Philly is a injury waiting to happen all over the field it seems. Alshon never seemed to stay healthy in chi so now that he paid why would he? Wentz is good but he takes a lot of shots and has shown to be injury prone. Freaking mash unit last night and it only week 2! Those things don’t tend to get better as the season goes along.

No clue what the bengals are?? Dalton been posting strong numbers but we know what usually happens when he the focal point.

The kid for bills looks like he might just have been the right guy for them.

Pats are insanely good, they can beat teams w their d or offense. Still not sure if AB ultimately makes them better or not? Brady did only complete half his passes to him which was as many incomplete passes as he threw to rest of team! It was their 1st week together tho.

Eli Manning is the new Statue of Liberty in NY....what are they waiting for?

Does he have dirt on John Mara? Not a Giants fan either!

I'm guessing he was being a bit facetious. Although it seems like every year this debate comes up; doormat of the NFL vs. the elite of NCAAF.

Clemson has 53 NFL players on their roster? Does Clemson have 20 players on their roster who will get drafted? Good take on everything but Clemson would get boat raced by every team in the NFL.

Pretty sure he was playing the hyperbole game but do the fish have 53 nfl players? 25 even? Lol

Omfg. Wtf wrong w them?? He was giving them a easy out without having to cut a legend!! They be better off w one those girl soccer players! Bears just took a kid off the street and he nailing 50 yard game winners. This a huge mistake!!
Carli Lloyd is available

..or even that when your TDS are long passes, who needs RZ numbers.

True, but you would think they will run into teams that will take those away and make them drive the field. Still don’t think it a huge deal so early. Often times I look to take teams w poor red zone numbers at this point as long as they have proven successful in previous years.

True, but you would think they will run into teams that will take those away and make them drive the field. Still don’t think it a huge deal so early. Often times I look to take teams w poor red zone numbers at this point as long as they have proven successful in previous years.

That was the Jags‘ plan haha. They played lots of quarters defense keeping everything in front. But then they had linebackers who were easily confused and missed assignments and safeties who couldn‘t tackle for shit. Another team will execute such a game plan more effectively for sure. Chargers when they get Derwin back

Many people have already made a lot of good points already so I’ll try to add a couple new ones...

Philly o line has been disappointing to me, there’s barely been a run game and the offense keeps starting out so slowly. Already some big injuries on both sides of the ball

Dallas offensive looks nasty with Moore as OC. Legit NFC contender

Steelers defense has been downright embarrassing...Thought it’d be a top five unit coming into the season, bad call by me. Also gotta give Rudolph some more help, Moncrief has to be the worst WR2 in the league right now

Many people have already made a lot of good points already so I’ll try to add a couple new ones...

Philly o line has been disappointing to me, there’s barely been a run game and the offense keeps starting out so slowly. Already some big injuries on both sides of the ball

Dallas offensive looks nasty with Moore as OC. Legit NFC contender

Steelers defense has been downright embarrassing...Thought it’d be a top five unit coming into the season, bad call by me. Also gotta give Rudolph some more help, Moncrief has to be the worst WR2 in the league right now
Wentz isn't gonna last the season behind that line.

That was the Jags‘ plan haha. They played lots of quarters defense keeping everything in front. But then they had linebackers who were easily confused and missed assignments and safeties who couldn‘t tackle for shit. Another team will execute such a game plan more effectively for sure. Chargers when they get Derwin back

Yours boys not exactly the poster child for discipline! Lol. Such a waste of talent!

NFL seems more top-heavy than ever. Can only see 5 teams doing anything this year.

PHI-LAR-NE-KC-NO.. others teams just don't have it.

Kyler Murray=VERY VERY GOOD QB
Lamar Jackson=VERY VERY AVG QB (throws like a girl)

TOMLIN and the ugly Gruden brother are dead man walking

Brady and AB already on same page

Bengals looked uninspired from jump, i watched every snap they looked lethargic and not ready

bears would be sb contenders if they had a qb who was above average, you know like Mahomes or Watson. PUN INTENDED

NFL seems more top-heavy than ever. Can only see 5 teams doing anything this year.

PHI-LAR-NE-KC-NO.. others teams just don't have it.

wouldn't put PHI up there as they have big problems at important positions (OL, secondary) and NO is in big trouble now, too. Think people sold McVay way too early after the bad super bowl, probably still a great regular season team

Wouldn't put too much into DAL just yet after playing doormats and i laughed when I saw people thinking ATL can play defense. Definitely healthier than last year right now, but Quinn has been terrible at defense since he reached ATL despite it being his expertise

With it being top heavy (I agree) think we will see larger lines than 'usual.' I am starting to think that a way to take advantage is to play more 2 team teasers with the favorite teased down.

Last week I had KC -1 and Browns -.5. While nothing is a sure thing, I was pretty damn confident in the wager and bet accordingly.

I have not had time to study this week's games but if the opportunity presents itself again then it seems maybe additional teasers is more of consideration.

Open & interested in disagreeing opinions.

What a wild two weeks so far......random thoughts going division by division

NFC East - Eagles have played one good half out of four so far, and they're already starting to get banged up, including the ginger. Dallas finishes off their 3 game preseason slate this week and then we'll see, although they draw Teddy now in week 4 too. My concern with the Boyz: 2 games, 2 sacks, no picks. The QBs get better soon. And now Gallup is out a few weeks. Washington has a faint pulse, Giants have none but are switching to Dannyboy so we'll see what that does.

NFC North - A tough, tough division. Good defenses all over the place, good running backs too. Under is the first place I'd look. Home field advantage will matter too.

NFC South - Pretty wide open division now that Brees had his thumb stuck up his ass. Keep complaining about the PI kids. I think Tampa is better than they look and I love their 2nd half schedule. Cam has been a slow starter in past years too, I remember dumping him in FF after week 3 two years ago and then he decided to start running again and the offense took off. Still ambivalent about Atlanta. They have as much talent as anyone in the division but probably the worst coaching staff.

NFC West - Starting to look like a 2 playoff team division, especially since they get an inferior NFC South and mediocre AFC North to beat on. I love the Niners line play on both sides of the ball; their skill positions are literally plug and play. Their last 6 games are brutal though. Rams just keep doing Ram things, trotting out that 11 offense every play and executing. Seattle may have benefited from a soft pair of games with Bungles at home and Pitt losing #7 in the first half. Will wait to see a little more from them. Cards will battle each week but I'm not sold on a 5'8" QB concept.

AFC East - Patriots look so strong right now and get Ben Watson back in a couple of weeks to have a legit TE operating. They have a 5 game stretch midseason of @Balt, @Phil, Dall, @Hou and KC that will be a lot of fun. Bills are better than the sum of their parts, but still it was the Jets and Giants. Jets are in total disarray at the moment and they're still by far the third best team in the division.

AFC North - Ravens have had a soft two games to start with too. I still need to see more. Browns got a bye week last night too. Steelers are trying to sell 1976 all over again now that they have Minka. We'll see. To their credit they lost to Brady and Wilson, two future HOFs. Bengals lost to Russell as well, but making Jimmy G look like 2017 Jimmy G in your own house is problematic.

AFC South - Secret fact to keep in mind: the Colts still have a great O-line and talent on defense. They may just win this division. Texans have the best QB but the worst O-line. Jax is close to implosion yet again, and the Titans are the most nondescript team in the NFL.

AFC West - Mahomes should be on prime time every week, he is that much fun to watch. Chargers seem to have a cloud over their heads this year, a third place finish wouldn't surprise me. Raiders a sneaky OK, but have used to home bullets so the sledding gets tougher. If Carr would look for Waller in the red zone that would be nice. Denver is a sharp under all year.

After nine >50 point games in week 1, only three last week. Should be a little bit of a bounce back this week.

Last edited:
fixed it for you.

Yes. It’s NE and then everyone else. KC would be the closest to them, imo, but they’re not on their level yet.

Now, if AB ends up getting exiled, they may actually just join the “top tier” and not be in their own tier. Thoughts?

Yes. It’s NE and then everyone else. KC would be the closest to them, imo, but they’re not on their level yet.

Now, if AB ends up getting exiled, they may actually just join the “top tier” and not be in their own tier. Thoughts?

Actually I don’t think that matters...the side of the ball that is frightening right now is the defense. NE can be beat if they lose players on D.

KC is outstanding but I need to see their defense step it up a notch. The way you beat Brady is by 1. Outscoring him and praying to make more big plays than he does (Philly SB) or 2. Rush him UP THE MIDDLE. Brady is the GOAT, but HATES that line getting pushed back in his face...who wouldn’t. But that is how Coughlin and those Giant teams beat him in the SB and how Baltimore frustrated the hell out of him for years.

Not buying Spagnolo with this group can do that.

That 60-65% of games are decided by shitty questionable penalties...
I saw numerous TDs called back. Take a look at Goff's fumble that was returned for a TD, but called back because the whistle blew ,but then was reversed by replay, but the Saints were only given the ball and no TD. That play was so unclear as it happened and yet a ref somehow found a way to blow the whistle to stop the play. It's about as bad as I've ever seen.

u4OyIlb.jpg

Back