After 9 weeks of flags and football... what have we learned?

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Raiders Are 5-0 Team Totals Last 5.
Miami Is 3-0 ATS And 3-0 ML In First Half Play, In The Last 3 Games.

As far as Pats @B.A.R.

A loss like that in Belichek’s eyes is nothing more than a dress rehearsal. It’s actually beneficial. He’s a crafty old rattlesnake. A chess player. He’ll show the Ravens one thing knowing he may seem them again, at the same time he’ll take last night’s game film, use it to his advantage and draw up some master blue print for that game in December or January.

The patriots have silenced doubters year after year. But Bill’s body language the other night was not one of “this game doesn’t matter”. Guy was losing his shit repeatedly. It’s a convenient narrative and it’s worked itself out in a number of seasons. The playoffs are going to be outstanding in both conferences because there is simply no team that stands out above the rest.

The patriots have silenced doubters year after year. But Bill’s body language the other night was not one of “this game doesn’t matter”. Guy was losing his shit repeatedly. It’s a convenient narrative and it’s worked itself out in a number of seasons. The playoffs are going to be outstanding in both conferences because there is simply no team that stands out above the rest.

I don't know if (Bill) Belichick was losing his shit repeatedly. Behind closed doors he may have with Steve as he's the one running the defense now. Pats just weren't playing sound defensively, overall. But, yes, if they see Baltimore again there's a good chance you won't see Jackson and Co. running amok, verse 2. I said in a previous thread that these next 4 for the Pats as so big (Eagles, Cowboys, Texans, Chiefs) - will likely decide if they get the top seed throughout. If they get that seed, they don't lose in Foxboro in January. But that's a tough stretch upcoming. It's about time, though, given the garbage they played in the first 8 games. And that's coming from a Patriots homer.

I didn't learn anything about the MNF broadcast that I didn't already know - it's just unfiltered garbage, a putrid production all around.

i think many of us saw the flaws (Brady, kicker, the offense in general), but the domination of the weak early schedule may have pushed people to give NE a little too much credit that they could turn it on for the better competition.

I don't really see the four games @Frank Costanza highlighted as being quite the gauntlet he does, but it's a bad showing to trail a game throughout against the first decent opponent even ignoring the Edelman game-changing fumble. BAL was in control throughout and while a lot of people think that won't happen in a rematch, Jackson is slippery enough that I could see it repeating itself again no matter where the game is played

Pats definitely have flaws that have been masked in part by the schedule to date and in part by their exceptional pass defense. The run defense was showing chinks the previous week against Chubb. Even Lev Bell went 15 for 70 in a game where the Jets failed in every other category.

The passing attack has probably the least amount of talent since 2016 when Gronkowski went to IR and the pass offense revolved around Edleman, Hogan and Martellus Bennett with James White catching 60 balls. Of course they did win it all that year. The running game is worse this year though. Blount in 2016 was able to batter his way to 1161 yards on 3.9 YPA. Sony Michel is only on pace for about 850 yards at 3.3 YPA.

I agree it will come down to whether they get home field throughout. They will be extremely tough to beat if that comes to fruition.

Back