After 7 weeks, tell us what you have learned?

NFL officials still suck (see phantom penalty vs Dallas costing them the game).

Cleveland is still Cleveland, just with more talent. Still cannot win the close games.

I still cannot believe what I saw in Philadelphia.... when you do something that works for 3 quarters, my suggestion is that you stick with it. Who was the dumbass that invented the prevent defense anyways? Philadelphia took it to the next level and decided to switch to the preevent defense and offense in the 4th quarter.

NFL is rigged for its favorite quarterbacks, this week Drew Brees

Jags are really spiraling out of control with this locker room brawl. Marrone needs to get shit in order. Giving Bortles that contract extension was a huge mistake. Not just him tho the whole team got complacent and let last season get to its head as if beating the Pats amounted to a cakewalk to the super bowl. Gotta eat up some salary to ditch Bortles

Inconsistent meaning hes rarely good. I think its time to give up on him. Hes been in the nfl for several years but he still cant recognize a lot of basic coverage schemes ffs. Hes unreliable and yea we need a healthy pounder at rb who can sustain drives and top for us so that the D doesnt get gassed and doesn‘t need to resort to zone

Mahomes is going to be one of the greats. He's fast,accurate and seems to have tremendous instincts. Oh and it helps that he has tremendous talent at the skill positions.

Rams and Chiefs are still the class of the NFL right now for me.

Bills and Arizona are the dumpster

Everyone else is somewhere in the middle (though NE is on the verge of joining KC/LAR, Im sure)

I think the Vikings are overrated. They've benefited by playing SF, Buf, Ari, and Jets. (should have lost GB game).

Balt, despite the loss, is better than I thought....and that comes from someone that hates Flacco...but, they are stacked around him.

Skins are a good defense (DL dominated a good Cowboys OL) and mediocre offense that doesnt turn the ball over....that wins games. They won't be elite teams but offense will improve some when Crowder, Thompson, and Richardson get back. Should never be a home dog to a mediocre Cowboys team.

Chargers are a good team, but I can never predict them.

Saints defense appears to be slowly improving.

Texans/Jags are essentially the same team except Hou has a better QB and slightly inferior defense

Im still fairly high on Bengals (as a playoff team), but they ran into a buzzsaw.

Rams and Chiefs are still the class of the NFL right now for me.

Bills and Arizona are the dumpster

Everyone else is somewhere in the middle (though NE is on the verge of joining KC/LAR, Im sure)

I think the Vikings are overrated. They've benefited by playing SF, Buf, Ari, and Jets. (should have lost GB game).

Balt, despite the loss, is better than I thought....and that comes from someone that hates Flacco...but, they are stacked around him.

Skins are a good defense (DL dominated a good Cowboys OL) and mediocre offense that doesnt turn the ball over....that wins games. They won't be elite teams but offense will improve some when Crowder, Thompson, and Richardson get back. Should never be a home dog to a mediocre Cowboys team.

Chargers are a good team, but I can never predict them.

Saints defense appears to be slowly improving.

Texans/Jags are essentially the same team except Hou has a better QB and slightly inferior defense

Im still fairly high on Bengals (as a playoff team), but they ran into a buzzsaw.

Do you think the Chiefs D is good? I was really surprised how Cincy struggled to move the ball! Chiefs D looked transformed to me

Do you think the Chiefs D is good? I was really surprised how Cincy struggled to move the ball! Chiefs D looked transformed to me

I don't think its good, but I don't think it's the worst in the league bad. Houston, Ford, Fuller, Berry are really good defensive players. They do struggle vs. the run, but they are going to score so much that teams are forced to pass and their pass rush will be better.

Titans WRs continue to drop balls....so MM will still get blamed! Titans should immediately pick up Dex (for one year) AND get Demarius Thomas. HC Vrabel continues to be aggressive with his play calling, while some might say it's reckless.

Going to for the 2pt conversion = Aggressive

That play call = Reckless (MM should have scrambled and not force it in to double coverage)

Todd Bowles is still worthless as a coach. All this team has done is draft and sign defensive players for years yet the Bowles defense is complete trash. I would love to see the Jets lose out and hire a young offensive minded head coach so this inept organization doesn't ruin Darnold.

NFL is rigged for its favorite quarterbacks, this week Drew Brees

Jags are really spiraling out of control with this locker room brawl. Marrone needs to get shit in order. Giving Bortles that contract extension was a huge mistake. Not just him tho the whole team got complacent and let last season get to its head as if beating the Pats amounted to a cakewalk to the super bowl. Gotta eat up some salary to ditch Bortles

You can only win for so long solely on the backs of a defense in the league. Eventually having a terrible QB will destroy any chances that a team has of winning a championship.

Just a bizarre weekend all around, starting with the Titans decision to go for 2 in London. The NFL must've put out a mandate to cut down on the number of OT games, three potential overtimes thwarted in the last minute in strange fashion.

Redskins bought a win with exaggerated kick block rush somehow getting turned into a Cowboys penalty. We'll see them again Thanksgiving. Cowboys defense allows 13 in 31 min TOP, still ballin' out every week.

Justin Tucker hit a dead slice on the last XP. With this week's results, Steelers have petitioned the league to see if they can just stop playing games this year. Should have the division wrapped up by late November.

Hue Jackson says he wants to get more involved in the offense for the Browns. Good Lord. Browns have now played 4 OT games in 7 weeks, incredible.

Revisiting my offensive and defensive tiers:

WEEK 7 OFFENSIVE TIERS:

1) ELITE (must watch TV)
Kansas City - just naming their score at this point
LA Rams - Kupp missing makes them a little more run-heavy
New Orleans - gutsy effort at Baltimore.
New England (up 1 tier) - weaponry is all in place for Tom now

2) SHOULD BE JUST FINE (happy to see in my over bet)
Pittsburgh
LA Chargers - Got it done without Melvin this week. BUT HURRY BACK KID.
Atlanta - Home/Road splits will be something to watch in future
Minnesota
Green Bay

3A) ON THE COME
Indy (up 1/2 tier) - Luck is 100%, TY is back in lineup, suddenly the running game opens up
Chicago (up 1 tier) - Mitchell is playing well
Tampa Bay - Winston getting this team moving
Detroit (up 1/2 tier) - Was that a running game I saw Sunday? And a TE?

3B) ON PAPER THEY SHOULD BE GOOD, WHY AM I DOUBTING?
Philly (down 1 tier) - a little too much TE dependence. RB and WR skill levels are only average at this point
Cincinnati - they seem to only put it together for one half each week. Adjustments seem to be an issue
Baltimore - Flacco seems to have it working, but they give too many chances to no separation Crabtree and no juice Buck Allen
Houston - Oline continues to hamper pass attack, although run game was better this week
Carolina - Another team with Oline issues
Seattle - Coach wants a running team, not sure QB does
Denver - Trying to get younger with Lindsay, Freeman and Sutton, not there yet

4) HAVE A COUPLE OF PIECES BUT ARE FLAWED THIS YEAR
Miami - WR depth in shambles at the moment, Osweiler could lead to tier drop
Jacksonville - Leonard, where for art thou? Identity and QB issues
Tennessee - QB issue
Dallas - WR...and Oline surprisingly having issues
NY Giants - QB issue
Washington - Skill position depth issue
Oakland - Many problems but mostly Carr
Cleveland - WR depth is big problem

5) NOT THIS YEAR (rookie/backup QB pains)
San Francisco - snakebit season
NY Jets
Arizona
Buffalo

Still continue to believe the Chargers are the most talented team in the AFC. If they get the real Bosa off their bye that team is as good as any in the NFL.

When you factor in coaching though, that makes their situation dicier.

You can only win for so long solely on the backs of a defense in the league. Eventually having a terrible QB will destroy any chances that a team has of winning a championship.

Literally just like my favorite college basketball team lol. Gotta score! Can't be the 2000 Ravens lol

WEEK 7 DEFENSIVE TIERS:

1) ELITE (blowout cover ability)
Minnesota
LA Rams - just frightening at this point how good these guys are
Philly - not sure what happened that last quarter
Baltimore (up 1 tier) - still can be had by no-huddle four & five wide IMO

2) ON THE COME (will keep them in a lot of games)
Dallas
Houston
Chicago - only allowed 24 to Tom & Co., not bad
Washington

3A) CAN BE DECENT AGAINST THE RIGHT MATCHUP
LA Chargers - Bosa due back soon, they could move to elite.
Jacksonville (down 1 1/2 tier) - just bad vibes right now
Cleveland (down 1/2 tier) - still making plays, but not as many
Miami
NY Jets
Tennessee
Indy
Denver
Carolina
Seattle

3B) OUR D??.....LOOK AT THIS OFFENSE
Green Bay
Atlanta
New Orleans
Pittsburgh
Kansas City
New England
Detroit
Tampa Bay
Cincinnati - KC and Pitt have exposed a soft pass rush, Burfict a negative influence

4) SIEVES (over central if only they can score too)
Oakland
NY Giants
Buffalo
Arizona
San Francisco

Shame on Coughlin and the Jags for wasting their team’s window on this awful quarterback.

Also, to be willing to trade a 5 for Carlos fucking Hyde, but not a 3 for a CLEARLY better qb in Bridgewater, tells you all you need to know about this franchise. They refuse to face the truth.

Totally disagree about Buffalo's defense being down there. They've put forth some great performances, only offensive miscues have led to a lot of points. I think nmber three.

Shame on Coughlin and the Jags for wasting their team’s window on this awful quarterback.

Also, to be willing to trade a 5 for Carlos fucking Hyde, but not a 3 for a CLEARLY better qb in Bridgewater, tells you all you need to know about this franchise. They refuse to face the truth.

Agree. Was really premature to give Bortles such a sweet contract extension. Its just like my Cardinals who kept putting Fowler and Cecil in games after they overpaid them such a ridiculous amount. Bridgewater would kinda be like having David Garrard again? Don't know him too well

Kinda surprised Coughlin didn't go after his beloved Eli, not that I want Eli lol

Also need some receivers for our QB tho! It's really ridiculous, no Hurns or Robinson anymore ok, then lost Marqisee Lee to injury. I don't even know who our top guy is, Westbrook? Moncrief? Cole? Some no-name!

It really was just a one year extension with no dead money beyond 2019, but the problem is they used the cap space the new Bortles deal freed up to sign Moncrief. Just a total mess.

Also, they’re now paying for taking the 4th pick in 2017 and setting it on fire - Fournette is, without exaggeration, useless.

It really was just a one year extension with no dead money beyond 2019, but the problem is they used the cap space the new Bortles deal freed up to sign Moncrief. Just a total mess.

Also, they’re now paying for taking the 4th pick in 2017 and setting it on fire - Fournette is, without exaggeration, useless.

Fournette does too much. I don‘t think a Fragile Fred Taylor comparison is justified because we rely on him too heavily. We need a second pounder to lighten his load imo

Btw regarding Jags receivers, courtesy of Barnwell today —-

Since the Patriots game, 50.3% of his throws have been to open targets per Next Gen. that’s 7th highest in the NFL during that span. Bortles has a rating of 78.7 throwing to those open weapons, and is one of two QB’s in the nfl with a rating below 105 in this context.

So yeah, this is unequivocally a QB issue.

Todd Bowles is still worthless as a coach. All this team has done is draft and sign defensive players for years yet the Bowles defense is complete trash. I would love to see the Jets lose out and hire a young offensive minded head coach so this inept organization doesn't ruin Darnold.

I have a hard time blaming the defense here. They allowed 4.3 yards per pass and 3 yards per rush....263 yards total on 69 plays.

Gave up a 68 yard TD drive
Gave up a FG when the opposition started on the 35 yard line
Vikes missed a FG when they started on the Jets 30 yard line
Gave up a 64 yard TD drive
Gave up a FG when the opposition started on the Jets 9 yard line
Gave up a TD when the opposition started at midfield
Gave up a 61 yard TD drive
Gave up a FG when the Vikes started on the jets 17 yard line

Vikes at 16 legitimate drives:

Own 32 TD
Own 25 punt
Own 14 punt
Own 33 punt
Jets 35 FG
Own 20 punt
Jets 44 punt
Own 33 punt
Jets 30 missed FG
Own 36 TD
Jets 9 FG
Own 25 punt
Own 49 TD
Own 25 punt
Own 39 TD
Jets 22 FG

Just a bizarre weekend all around, starting with the Titans decision to go for 2 in London. The NFL must've put out a mandate to cut down on the number of OT games, three potential overtimes thwarted in the last minute in strange fashion.

Redskins bought a win with exaggerated kick block rush somehow getting turned into a Cowboys penalty. We'll see them again Thanksgiving. Cowboys defense allows 13 in 31 min TOP, still ballin' out every week.

Justin Tucker hit a dead slice on the last XP. With this week's results, Steelers have petitioned the league to see if they can just stop playing games this year. Should have the division wrapped up by late November.

Hue Jackson says he wants to get more involved in the offense for the Browns. Good Lord. Browns have now played 4 OT games in 7 weeks, incredible.

Revisiting my offensive and defensive tiers:

WEEK 7 OFFENSIVE TIERS:

1) ELITE (must watch TV)
Kansas City - just naming their score at this point
LA Rams - Kupp missing makes them a little more run-heavy
New Orleans - gutsy effort at Baltimore.
New England (up 1 tier) - weaponry is all in place for Tom now

2) SHOULD BE JUST FINE (happy to see in my over bet)
Pittsburgh
LA Chargers - Got it done without Melvin this week. BUT HURRY BACK KID.
Atlanta - Home/Road splits will be something to watch in future
Minnesota
Green Bay

3A) ON THE COME
Indy (up 1/2 tier) - Luck is 100%, TY is back in lineup, suddenly the running game opens up
Chicago (up 1 tier) - Mitchell is playing well
Tampa Bay - Winston getting this team moving
Detroit (up 1/2 tier) - Was that a running game I saw Sunday? And a TE?

3B) ON PAPER THEY SHOULD BE GOOD, WHY AM I DOUBTING?
Philly (down 1 tier) - a little too much TE dependence. RB and WR skill levels are only average at this point
Cincinnati - they seem to only put it together for one half each week. Adjustments seem to be an issue
Baltimore - Flacco seems to have it working, but they give too many chances to no separation Crabtree and no juice Buck Allen
Houston - Oline continues to hamper pass attack, although run game was better this week
Carolina - Another team with Oline issues
Seattle - Coach wants a running team, not sure QB does
Denver - Trying to get younger with Lindsay, Freeman and Sutton, not there yet

4) HAVE A COUPLE OF PIECES BUT ARE FLAWED THIS YEAR
Miami - WR depth in shambles at the moment, Osweiler could lead to tier drop
Jacksonville - Leonard, where for art thou? Identity and QB issues
Tennessee - QB issue
Dallas - WR...and Oline surprisingly having issues
NY Giants - QB issue
Washington - Skill position depth issue
Oakland - Many problems but mostly Carr
Cleveland - WR depth is big problem

5) NOT THIS YEAR (rookie/backup QB pains)
San Francisco - snakebit season
NY Jets
Arizona
Buffalo

Too high:
Minny
Indy
Det
Hou

Too low:
TB
Mi
Cincy
Wash

Just MO

WEEK 7 DEFENSIVE TIERS:

1) ELITE (blowout cover ability)
Minnesota
LA Rams - just frightening at this point how good these guys are
Philly - not sure what happened that last quarter
Baltimore (up 1 tier) - still can be had by no-huddle four & five wide IMO

2) ON THE COME (will keep them in a lot of games)
Dallas
Houston
Chicago - only allowed 24 to Tom & Co., not bad
Washington

3A) CAN BE DECENT AGAINST THE RIGHT MATCHUP
LA Chargers - Bosa due back soon, they could move to elite.
Jacksonville (down 1 1/2 tier) - just bad vibes right now
Cleveland (down 1/2 tier) - still making plays, but not as many
Miami
NY Jets
Tennessee
Indy
Denver
Carolina
Seattle

3B) OUR D??.....LOOK AT THIS OFFENSE
Green Bay
Atlanta
New Orleans
Pittsburgh
Kansas City
New England
Detroit
Tampa Bay
Cincinnati - KC and Pitt have exposed a soft pass rush, Burfict a negative influence

4) SIEVES (over central if only they can score too)
Oakland
NY Giants
Buffalo
Arizona
San Francisco

Too high:
Minny
Rams
Philly
Den
Car
Atl
Det
TB

Too low:
Chi
Jax
NYJ
Sea (way too low)
Buf (way too low, defense is good)
Ari

Apparently the bears special teams needs work. Trubisky has talent but needs another year to harness it. 2019 will be a good year for him. Not like Mahomes but dont be surprised if close. Right now he just has too many missed throws but think once calms down this will improve.

I told myself all year bengals severely overrated and got in my own head for SNF that Chiefs defense will give up 28 or so ... which took me off my mentality of fade the bengals. They are a lucky team, not a good one.

Where im nervous is taking the jags and bengals this week are normally sides i favor but i dont want to over think it. Locker room brawl?!?!? Need to read up there. Bengals playing my other favorite team to fade the Bucs. Perhaps the over.

Some good sides and teasers lining up this week.

Trade deadline will be interesting

Patrick Peterson wants out - KC makes a ton of sense and giving up a 1st wont be too much imo if its pick 25-32, saints too but they already traded their 1

Amari to cowboys building up steam - maybe a 1st, prolly a 2nd

DMT could probly get broncos a 3rd, same with Sanders

Do jags grab a qb like brissett or maybe tuhrod

Schefty says saints are thought to be very aggressive

When Bortles got benched in the preseason for Henne he responded by upping his game London would be the perfect place for a bounceback

Petey ain't getting out of Zona. This isn't the NBA where the owners take it in the arse from the player when he says he wants something. They hired the wrong staff as already shown from the McCoy firing, Wilks could be a one-year guy like Shurmur was in Cleveland and Hue was in Oakland (funny how both of those were the right firing calls)

If Jerruh gives up a 1st for Amari, he's out of his mind. Love his talent, hate his head. Can't figure out whether he's a Trent Richardson Part 2 mentally or whether its the cancerous flow throughout the organization there.

Donkeys problem is that Case Keenum sucks dong. Lindsay a very nice little back there and they just don't seem to have an offensive identity as their D gets older...but Vance Joseph is a horrible head coach too, so who knows where they're going.

Jags are in HUGE trouble...you start to lose the locker room and its done. Cody Kessler can't save your season and the defense has shown huge signs of being nowhere near what they were last year...injuries have killed that team.

WTF can the Saints do on the trade market? Very quietly after that Bucs disaster to open, Dennis Allen (like he did a few years ago) is bringing that team together. And Sean Payton is simply one of the greatest playcallers ever in NFL history...throw in Breesy and I would take them in a one game take all situation in LA vs. Rams in the NFC ship if they get that far...

Such a hard league to figure out. So much BS with the refs, the horrific head coaches and the injuries.

Did anyone else hear that Houston bussed Watson to J'Ville because they didn't want him flying due to how badly injured he is? Supposedly playing with a bruised lung AND injured ribs?

That guy is going to get killed out there. How can a franchise not learn after David Carr and how they destroyed his career after taking him #1 overall?

Btw regarding Jags receivers, courtesy of Barnwell today —-

Since the Patriots game, 50.3% of his throws have been to open targets per Next Gen. that’s 7th highest in the NFL during that span. Bortles has a rating of 78.7 throwing to those open weapons, and is one of two QB’s in the nfl with a rating below 105 in this context.

So yeah, this is unequivocally a QB issue.

Drops?

Not to state the obvious.

Few in here are surprised by the success of Mahomes. We saw him at Texas Tech, we knew. He plays the game like when I was 13 with a nerf against scrubs.

He is so fucking cool, so smart. Certainly top 5 QB in the NFL. Perfect situation. Andy Reed is coaching another 15 years. Mahomes has potential to be one of the best ever. He is the man.

I think with the rule changes and the refs buying into them that a team like KC can get by without a great D and they should improve as the season wears on. The speed they have is so hard to contain. I couldn't figure out if Cinn game plan was bad last night or if KC was so fast it didn't matter. That said the tackling by Cinn last night was horrendous and it led to the lopsided score as I believe it led to 3 scores and then the turnover for another so the game could have been a lot closer. I suspect Cinn will spend some time this week on tackling.

Too high:
Minny
Indy
Det
Hou

Too low:
TB
Mi
Cincy
Wash

Just MO
Too high:
Minny
Indy
Det
Hou

Too low:
TB
Mi
Cincy
Wash

Just MO
so you are saying the Tampa offense is better than Minny? come on now...

Cousins should be in the conversation of MVP with this OL. What he's done is remarkable. And Thielen/Diggs cannot be stopped consistently.

Cousins should be in the conversation of MVP with this OL. What he's done is remarkable. And Thielen/Diggs cannot be stopped consistently.

The Vikings obviously have a lot of potential, but until they prove it to me this year, I'm not buying in. Before last week they were 16th in football outsiders offensive rankings. (TB was 5) They put up 37 on the Jets, but look where they started with the ball (earlier in this thread). They should have scored 50. Right now they are an average passing team and a poor running team. If Cook solves that, they can move up. But, I'm not putting them in the top tier.

Tampa is regularly putting up 450-500 yards per game. Saints and Falcons are obviously poor defenses, but they've also faced:

Philly -436 yards
Chicago- 311 yards
Pitts-455 yards
Cleveland-456 yards

The buy low window on Saints super bowl odds probably has passed. I was hoping this brutal stretch of opponents (ravens/Vikings/rams) would give them a couple losses and give them value again but I’m not sure it’ll happen. Their defense is starting to figure it out, Ingram’s return has added physicality to the offense, Brees looks phenomenal, and I actually like the way Payton utilizes Hill. I think they’re just as good as LAR, maybe better. We’ll see in a few weeks

Back