AFL: Week 1

ljc_267

Mister NSFW
I'm hoping this league reverts back to it's old self. The entrance of ESPN, while good for league and fans, turned out to be bad for the bettor. This used to be a quirky sport where if you followed it closely you could make decent money at it. Anyway...

Todays game marks the beginning of two teams going in opposite directions.

LA has Ex-TT QB Sonny Cumbie. He is in his 3rd season and threw for 83 TD's last year. The offense came on strong at the end of last year and ended up finishing the season 9-7

NO, on the other hand, lost their best receiver and are starting a QB with less than 8 starts in his career. In the AFL this is a huge disadvantage as experience at QB is the most important part of the game. Bar None.

As far as the total is concerned it has been bet down from 106 to 100. NO coach likes to onside kick in the second half if down more than 2 scores so this could make for many quick scores.

I'll take a shot today.

LA -11 .5 unit
Over 100 .5 unit

gl fellas

Thanks Tru.

Not much to say here. These are two of the top teams in the AFL. I will certainly take a tough Georgia team catching almost a score at home.

Georgia +6 .5 unit

gl fellas

love that play also ljc. get money an good luck today. dont be scared to go small on that ml also ;)

Two plays for Sunday.

I think that Columbus has a great chance to go deep into the playoffs this year. They ended last season on a huge roll. Don't be surprised if they pull the upset here.

Destroyers +5 .5 unit
Over 97 .5 unit

gl fellas

yea I know it used to be much easier to get scores. I wonder why their home page isn't using the live updates anymore.

Anyway it ended up well with a backdoor cover and the over push 50-47.

Got a good one for Monday night football. The defending champs take on the Rush in a rematch of the Conference final last year. I think that the D will be the difference in this game. The Rush are scrappy and the D always keeps them in the game.

Also, the additions of Bonner and Harrell will make up the difference for the lose of D'orazio and Sippio on O for the Rush. Remember SJ is a much better team at home, so this game presents an opportunity for the Rush to exact a little payback.

The over dropped over 10 points and I see value here.

Rush +1 .5 unit
Over 97 .5 unit

gl fellas.

Alright. 70-47 Rush End the week 5-1-1.

I'm still can't believe how much that line fell. It ended up going over the opening total as well.

ljc....sounds like your know your arena football shit...My question is for you, when did cleveland get a team? I just saw the bottom line on espn and was delightfully surprised.

They were the the Las Vegas Gladiators for years and they switched this year. I'm not sure why. It happens a lot in the smaller markets in the AFL

Back