AFC Divisional Playoff Discussion: Texans at Chiefs

How happy you think Texans are they don’t have to go back to balty in a physical matchup they can’t deal with? Consequentially how happy is kc they don’t have to beat the pats?

Will obrien remember to try and maybe run the ball some in this game? If not we could see s buttload of passing attempts.

What the weather supposed to be like (probably too early to trust the reports, these weatherman predictions are worse than my nfl!). It been unseasonably nice in stl lately, looks like it may cool off a little next week but still 40s not redic cold.,

Can’t stress enough Houston better remember/get back to rushing the damn ball. Why the hell duke Johnson only got 3 carries in the bills Game or that they only ran 19x with backs? And it was way way worse in the 1st half, guess obrien at some point in second half realized running the ball a few times might be a good idea. That what I hate bout this Houston team is you can never trust obrien to do the logical things.

Houston pass defense is not good, if the offense can’t help them out with some good sustained drives mahomes will carve them up given enough chances. I wanna say mahomes was still pretty gimpy and kc overall was really banged up that 1st meeting (is that correct?).

Kc jumped all over them out the gates but Houston settled in after that 1st qrtr and only gave up one td rest of game. Obrien was smart in that one as they had 31 rushes with backs and another 10 by Watson on way to running 70+ plays to kc 47. That obviously the right and only formula I see keeping Texans in it. Can they do that again, Will obrien use his half a brain and commit to the run game? As good as kc has looked they still have next to no rushing attack so I think you can def control the pace and top if you play them smart. Simple math, if mahomes gets lots of cracks at your d he gonna hang a big number.

I know this silly but do Texans even want to go back to Baltimore and get physically whipped again? lol

Chiefs up 17-3 driving, PI called on the play deep in Houston territory leading to an INT. Flag picked up with no coherent explanation and that game changed. Mahomes also got his ankle landed on the next drive. I believe they scored once the rest of the way.

We didn't have Watkins, Fisher, Wylie, or Reiter. Chris Jones, Anthony Hitchens, Xavier Williams or Dorian O’Daniel . Frank Clark had neck injury and Tyreek Hill played half the snaps. Also only had Kendall Fuller for 1 quarter...No Mike Pennel and no Suggs. Every one of those guys is a starter with the exception of O’Daniel.

Houston was by far the worst team DVOA wise in the playoffs. For, reference they finished tied with Arizona for the year in DVOA. They had the 17th ranked offense and the 26th rated defense.

I dove in looking for reasons to be skeptical. It’s the playoffs and certainly anything is possible. I don’t see how Houston can match KC shot for shot.

I know I can be accused of being a homer. If that’s the case I’d love the opposing viewpoint and what I’m missing.

KC should name their score here. They were so beat up in the earlier meeting that I wouldn't take anything from it. This offense healthy, rested and at home is going to pump points. I don't think Houston can keep up. 38-21 and there's no question they are the worst team left in the playoffs with the worst coach.

Chiefs up 17-3 driving, PI called on the play deep in Houston territory leading to an INT. Flag picked up with no coherent explanation and that game changed. Mahomes also got his ankle landed on the next drive. I believe they scored once the rest of the way.

We didn't have Watkins, Fisher, Wylie, or Reiter. Chris Jones, Anthony Hitchens, Xavier Williams or Dorian O’Daniel . Frank Clark had neck injury and Tyreek Hill played half the snaps. Also only had Kendall Fuller for 1 quarter...No Mike Pennel and no Suggs. Every one of those guys is a starter with the exception of O’Daniel.

Houston was by far the worst team DVOA wise in the playoffs. For, reference they finished tied with Arizona for the year in DVOA. They had the 17th ranked offense and the 26th rated defense.

I dove in looking for reasons to be skeptical. It’s the playoffs and certainly anything is possible. I don’t see how Houston can match KC shot for shot.

I know I can be accused of being a homer. If that’s the case I’d love the opposing viewpoint and what I’m missing.
I think you are correct. IF Fuller is healthy, I think Hou has at least a chance. If not, KC by 10+

The one thing I’ll say about Houston is I find their year long numbers basically meaningless cause they simply no showed so many weeks (for awhile looked like they were gonna do it against the bills). When fuller healthy i think they can play with most anyone, I also think physical teams are a bigger problem for them which think it fair to say isn’t exactly kc calling card. That said kc passing game a terrible matchup for them imo. Which Why I think their only chance to stay with them is to control the game with their offense which who knows if obrien will lean on the run game? Impossible to say with that tard. I have little doubt kc gonna win this game, covering prob comes down to whether Houston can have and stick to a good game plan,

Laid the 8 immediately upon opening. The Texans have no advantages in this game, this can be a 21-3 type situation 20 minutes in.

Laid the 8 immediately upon opening. The Texans have no advantages in this game, this can be a 21-3 type situation 20 minutes in.

Texans run game rates pretty well and kc has no run game and not that good defending it. I’d say that a advantage. Dunno if obrien will use it tho.

Texans run game rates pretty well and kc has no run game and not that good defending it. I’d say that a advantage. Dunno if obrien will use it tho.

run game means jack shit when you can’t stop the other team from scoring touchdowns

run game means jack shit when you can’t stop the other team from scoring touchdowns

Ive seen teams beat kc with the run game so I respectfully disagree. I don’t think Houston will but it redic to suggest it means nothing. If you don’t let the offense have many chances it also reduces the chance they efficient.

Ive seen teams beat kc with the run game so I respectfully disagree. I don’t think Houston will but it redic to suggest it means nothing. If you don’t let the offense have many chances it also reduces the chance they efficient.

Yep. If anything, it shortens the game. Regardless of where the league is currently with the passing and scoring, running the ball and defense still wins games in the playoffs. At the very least, it becomes more important if it doesn’t implicitly win games.

All 4 WC games went under the total. 2 of those games even went to OT. There was no scoring at all in the 2nd half of the NE/Tenn game, until the meaningless pick 6 at the end.

Stopping the other team is obviously the most important factor if the game plan is to run the ball and shorten the game. I’m not sure HOU can do that though, so I definitely lean over in that game at this point. If KC gets a quick lead, or goes up a couple of scores, I can see HOU abandoning the strategy and trying to go blow for blow.

Yep. If anything, it shortens the game. Regardless of where the league is currently with the passing and scoring, running the ball and defense still wins games in the playoffs. At the very least, it becomes more important if it doesn’t implicitly win games.

All 4 WC games went under the total. 2 of those games even went to OT. There was no scoring at all in the 2nd half of the NE/Tenn game, until the meaningless pick 6 at the end.

Well not exactly meaningless. It taught ppl who don’t listen why you don’t tease across 0!!!

I’m sorry, I shouldn’t laugh at anyone’s loss/misfortune, I actually had a good friend do exactly that despite me trying to convince him how bad a play it was. For some reason he one them types who can’t grasp the idea even tho I liked pats that was a bad play! I’m just one those crazy ppl who takes joy in seeing bad plays get punished and good ones get rewarded! Lol

Not many of the top ranked prolific passing attacks left in these playoffs., while a whole bunch top 10 rushing offenses and defenses still alive. As much they try to change things they can’t legislate out the importance of some things!!

Deshaun against a prevent for most of the second half seems like a backdoor waiting to happen, but Chiefs do seem like they are more than capable of putting 40+ up in this one

Andy Reid better not fuck this up I want to see Chiefs vs Ravens

That should be a great afc championship. Plus get a way more favorable line on ravens. Don’t think Houston would fare any better vs balty a second time. Also think the fact kc has beat Lamar twice would keep it from being too lopsided betting wise, ravens defense is light years better than it was those meetings and that run game is exactly what you want vs Kc!

I hate the Reid bashing tho and feel bad that narrative will continue if they lose to ravens. Andy is a very good coach imo and gets far too much disrespect.

Well not exactly meaningless. It taught ppl who don’t listen why you don’t tease across 0!!!

I did it with Balti this weekend but +4 with that team is a world of difference than +1 or +2 on a coin flip game. You waste 2 points going from -1 to +1. I completely agree with your thoughts on that topic.

Heard some really strong numbers that support kc 1st half. Can’t remember them at the moment tho. lol

Back