Adam Silver: NBA will consider getting rid of divisions

Because there is very little rivalry between teams in the east, you want to take away the divisions??! How about taking away some teams instead?

I just don't understand how schedules would work. Just play everyone in your conference 3 times and everyone in opposing conference twice? For the most part?

interesting.

What are your opinions on why there is such a stark contrast? the West is really competitive but yet its the Heat that have won the last 2 titles and prior to that we saw consistently the West owning then prior to that it was the East again.
Are we going to judge a division based on who wins it or the overall play?

There are much worse owners in the east? That don't have the money or the desire to better their teams? I don't know exactly.

The fact that the NBA is talking about it tells you all you need to know

It is like fantasy football. I just got fucked out of the playoffs for playing in a shitty conference/league

NBA execs must be in my league

They are talking about it because the Atlantic division winner might get a top 4 seed with a losing record. Lol. And they are jumping the gun. Premature.

How many rivalries are there in football?

Because there is very little rivalry between teams in the east, you want to take away the divisions??! How about taking away some teams instead?

They will never take away teams, but it is clear they need too. Talent pool is very thin in. This league

Football is different than basketball. 4 team divisions and only one makes the playoffs, a playoffs that any team that makes it has a chance to win it in. Hoops is lame bc of the talent gap between the teams and how over half the league makes the playoffs, with only the top 5-6 teams having a title shot (in a good year).....rendering the regular season useless

So the spurs lakers rivalry was nothing?

never said it was nothing but it's not something you'd talk about would it?
It's not as heated as the Pistons/Lakers, Lakers/Boston, Knicks/Pacers those were brawls.
Lakers/Spurs were ok but you didn't really expect any fights or any heated flares, heck I thought the Suns/Lakers little rivalry was more appealing.

Football is different than basketball. 4 team divisions and only one makes the playoffs, a playoffs that any team that makes it has a chance to win it in. Hoops is lame bc of the talent gap between the teams and how over half the league makes the playoffs, with only the top 5-6 teams having a title shot (in a good year).....rendering the regular season useless

This.

you got 16 games to play that's it, one loss make a dramatic impact. One loss in an 82 game schedule doesn't mean much unless you are chasing for history.
Plus the fact that you play one team maybe once a year or rarely makes up for some interesting story lines. Wasn't too long ago that SF/Seattle was a joke now they can't stop hating each other.

You also have to consider the fact that a lot of the match ups are usually based on so and so's D vs so and so's O, or perhaps Brees vs Brady, Manning vs Brady, etc. in Basketball, other than KD vs LJ….not too sure who else is there that would be around their level right now.

Back