A note on the Browns today

Joe Public

Gabibbo's Finest
I know this is a big spot for them, but be careful with Cleveland today.

There isn't a team in the league that shouldn't be able to run on this Browns' D-line and that's made easier today with Roye being out.

Beyond that, the secondary, which should be a strength hasn't come together yet and misses Brian Russell (now in Seattle) as the QB of the defense. They miss him badly. Again, not because of talent, although he's got that, but from the standpoint of cohesion.

Last, Derek Anderson came from the Ravens, they got rid of him, for many, various reasons. And last year when he lined up against them, they crushed him, just killed him.

Now, you can say that just adds to the revenge factor, for him and for Jamal Lewis, and maybe the Browns can score enough to stay with a Baltimore team that has trouble putting teams away.

But I have trouble seeing Baltimore turn Anderson over less than twice, and I have trouble seeing McGahee run for less than 130 or 140 if they commit to it.

For the record, I'm off the game, but think the Ravens win.

Well, your team rolls every time you abandon ship

It's uncanny. I haven't been this off on the Browns or Birds like this in a long time.

I know they're capable of things like this, but I'm absolutely shocked.

I'm an idiot.

Good win, Cleveland. Great win.

i am very happy with the browns win. and they can very well be 3-1 with that notch job of phil dawson in oakland. oh well, at least there getting better.

I don't blame Phil for that loss in Oakland, hell half the line didn't block on that play. Besides, we were due to lose out there.

Funny thing is, before the season I thought we'd shock Seattle at home, then after the Pittsburgh game I sort of threw that thought out the window. Well, now I've gone outside, rummaged through the hedges, and brought that thought right back inside the house.

even if the browns do not get another regular season win, the season for me would be complete if somehow they beat pittsburgh in pittsburgh to force them to miss the playoffs.

Joe, please predict a 43-9 Patriots victory next week.

It's not like they'll be coming off a MNF road game and looking ahead to Dallas in Week 6.

:cheers:

i can see a 10 point pats win b/c belicheck knows the tolls of the season and most likely wanna rest his really good players for harder games indy, dallas, pittsburgh, etc.., i see a steady supply of running once they get a 17-21 point lead.

I'm with Frankie, 14, 20 sounds about right, but f**k I'm so off on this team right now I'm not really sure what I know.

I will say this. I'm starting to think the Browns are a bit like last year's KC team.

I don't know if many people remember KC last year, not that you should but I was all psyched about them because I had their season under in wins and figured they'd be awful. Sure enough, Week One, they look just like I thought and they lose to Cincy at home.

However, in that game Trent Green gets lit up like a Christmas tree and carted off the field. He's out for an unlimited stretch with a concussion.

No matter, I think, this only makes my wager stronger.

Um hum.

Sure enough, Huard comes in and suddenly their O-line remembers how to block and those f**kers start winning games.

They damn near lost me that play winning easily four more games than they should simply because they played better for Huard than Green.

So now, fast forward to the Browns this year.

Charlie comes out, gets drilled so hard in Week One that he actually gets knocked off the team, and the Browns, who we thought might tread water--OK who 'I' thought might tread water--suddenly look lost and worse than ever.

So the season's lost? Of course not, because for some reason, a guy who couldn't make the Ravens' roster--the RAVENS??--a guy who looked awful to end last year, who was so bad in preseason he almost didn't beat out Ken Dorsey to stay on the Browns at all, he comes in and suddenly he looks like Brian Sipe.

So now I'm trying to adjust.

I think they lose to NE, by all rights they should lose badly, but at this point who knows.

I do know their O-line is about to get stronger with Tucker coming back off suspension, so that's a good thing, and Peter King was right about Jamal Lewis before the season, that guy is both in great shape and highly motivated, it's great to see.

I figure they lose to NE then they'll come home and beat Miami going into the bye at 3-3, oddly enough one game above the 2-4 I figured they'd be before the season.

So maybe I'm only slightly way off.

=)

Joe your right, miami is sooo bad right right now, trent green couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat.

Their defensive players want to be traded, it's a joke.

Back