• PICK CLUB WEEK #1 LINES ARE POSTED!

A couple angles

M.W.

Parties like it's 1979
In reviewing the teams' performance this year, a couple things stood. First, KC has been dogged in three of their last four, including the last two playoff games. Second, SF has failed to cover the last two games. I looked at the database (going back 22 years) and found the following:

KC:

Super Bowl teams off a dog win are 13-1 ATS, covering by an average of 10.7 points. Super Bowl teams off two straight dog wins are 9-0 ATS, covering by an average of 9 points per game.

SF:

Super Bowl teams off an ATS loss are 1-6 ATS (SF is off 3 straight ATS losses), 0-6 if not getting at least 5 points. Last time a team came into the Super Bowl off more than one consecutive ATS loss, it was the undefeated Patriots who lost as -12 v. the Giants.

Another thing I looked at in the database was SF's run game against KC's run D (allows 4.9 yard per rush). Super Bowl teams allowing > 4.5 yards per rush are 7-0 ATS, including the Chiefs last year and 4 years ago.

Super Bowl teams allowing more than 4.5 yards per rush are 7-0 ATS

In reviewing the teams' performance this year, a couple things stood. First, KC has been dogged in three of their last four, including the last two playoff games. Second, SF has failed to cover the last two games. I looked at the database (going back 22 years) and found the following:

KC:

Super Bowl teams off a dog win are 13-1 ATS, covering by an average of 10.7 points. Super Bowl teams off two straight dog wins are 9-0 ATS, covering by an average of 9 points per game.

SF:

Super Bowl teams off an ATS loss are 1-6 ATS (SF is off 3 straight ATS losses), 0-6 if not getting at least 5 points. Last time a team came into the Super Bowl off more than one consecutive ATS loss, it was the undefeated Patriots who lost as -12 v. the Giants.

Another thing I looked at in the database was SF's run game against KC's run D (allows 4.9 yard per rush). Super Bowl teams allowing > 4.5 yards per rush are 7-0 ATS, including the Chiefs last year and 4 years ago.

Super Bowl teams allowing more than 4.5 yards per rush are 7-0 ATS
Missed this earlier, thanks for the post.

Keep this in the notebook.

Back