9 days remain - anyone up for a early afternoon discussion thread?

I might be D. You got any time for poker while discussing?

Ill just throw out a random question. Was watching the ESPN "experts" and I belive it was Joe Schaad that said USC was the most overrated team and least deserving to be in the Top 5. Anyone have any thoughts on that? All I see is talent all around that field. McKnight is a beast, Sanchez should be fine, WR depth is a little thin but that could work itself out. Defense is the usual. One of the fastest in the nation. I just dont see where hes coming from on this one

Just depends signal. They are very young and unexperienced in the Oline and are green at QB.

Those are the two most important positions. But they have the D to compensate until they get the experience. As long as they stay healthy which has been an issue with a lot of the guys on defense.

Ill just throw out a random question. Was watching the ESPN "experts" and I belive it was Joe Schaad that said USC was the most overrated team and least deserving to be in the Top 5. Anyone have any thoughts on that? All I see is talent all around that field. McKnight is a beast, Sanchez should be fine, WR depth is a little thin but that could work itself out. Defense is the usual. One of the fastest in the nation. I just dont see where hes coming from on this one

My only guess here is the moderate injury concerns coming out of camp has him worried. Also, jump's point about inexperience in the wrong places is a good one.

Joe Schaad is a dipshit and (not saying this is you) but anyone who takes to much away from College Football Live or College Gameday deserves what they get.

Here's what you need to know. The offense is a definite concern. They have tons of talent but the concern is on OL and the passing game. Sanchez is out for the opener and McKnight might not play either. Even if they did play, the offense is having trouble scoring in scrimmages. In the first scrimmage, the offense only put points on the board 1 out of 11 times.

Then again, they are going against one of the best defenses in the nation and the D this year looks flat-out scary.

Personally, I think that USC wins and wins easily against UVA but I think they barely cover the 19. They're going to try to be as vanilla as possible with tOSU on deck and they're going to rotate players to get some experience while they are up handily. The D will make sure that this game isn't even a contest.

USC is perpetually overrated. That's not to mean they are not talented or should not have won the NC in 2004.

A new QB at LSU has critics in the media thinking LSU is due for a down year. This may be because of how good UF and UGA are expected to be, or the fact that a new QB will have a more difficult time in the SEC than the Pac 10. When Bradford had to step in for OU, the public was taken back by how successful OU was, but should they have been? OU was loaded with talent. At USC, a new QB means nothing; the Trojans won't miss a step the pundits say. Lee Corso and the rest of ESPN will still suck them off and talk about how they should have been in the NC game with four losses (I'm exaggerating; I don't think USC loses four times this yr).

Not going to be able to do it that way. Just go on to the Stars main thing. And the 6.50 18 person one. Right when there is 0 people in it just get in

Is everyone still liking Wyoming -10, or has the appeal wore off as you've had more time to mull it over?

I still basically like it the same, though the switch to Crum at QB has me a little bit concerned (though others seem to support, so may it is a good thing).

Damn that went way to fast. Didnt get in. This is going to be really hard to do D

Another random question. Why no talk about UConn this year? They return a lot off a team that tied for the BE championship last year. Husky, anyone.

Another random question. Why no talk about UConn this year? They return a lot off a team that tied for the BE championship last year. Husky, anyone.

I think the easy answer is that they could have/should have lost two games last year that they won (Louisville - fair catch play, Temple - botched review).

Other reasons:

- Four of seven conferences games on the road this year (@Louisville, @Rutgers, @Cuse, @USF).

- +14 in turnovers last year. (Plus in TOs in 10 of their 13 games)

- How they ended the year last year (L @Cincy 27-3, W vs. Syracuse 30-7, L @WVU 66-21)

- DL is a bit overrated IMO. 13 of their 30 sacks last year came by way of Duke, Maine, Temple, and Akron.

is it me or is the Florida line getting out of control?...I'm seriously eyeing Hawaii at +35 or more...

Is everyone still liking Wyoming -10, or has the appeal wore off as you've had more time to mull it over?

appeal has not worn off, still like it

with the whole crum/sween thing, as long as crum doesn't play as bad as sween did last year in this game, i think we are alright here. there is just such a huge mismatch in the trenches here on top of the home field.

Wyoming will be able to move their offense with the ground game
Wyoming will be able to stop Ohio offense by limiting the ground game

Wyoming will be able to stop Ohio offense by limiting the ground game

For better or worse, Ohio should be throwing the ball significantly more this year, as they are switching to more of a spread to accomodate their new QB.

pags11 -

I agree on the UF line. +35 or greater and I am probably on it for a unit. I see good value in it but I also have somewhat of a disdain for UF.

I'm starting to wonder if Harvin is one of those players that will never get healthy 100% again.

Back