9/7 MLB Discussion

peelpub94

More Guards Than Shawshank
Joe Ross at +120 right now making his first start since July '17 after undergoing TJ. Lester faced the Nats in Wrigley on 8/11 and was abused for 8 runs in 3.2 innings. Lester has been the road night warrior this year, where his splits are both a full run and a half better. I've complained enough about Lester who continues to be one of the most enigmatic pitchers. Either he dominates, or he allows himself to dominate himself mentally and really struggles. I personally have no clue which Lester we get tonight. His last outing, he dominated the Phillies who I don't think highly of whatsoever. But we do get his favorite away/night setup. There does seem to be an issue with moisture and his inability to locate/control when there is the slightest bit of dampness, his grip and mechanics go way off. Being that there is thunderstorms and humidity all through today/tonight in DC, this could be one of those dangerous games for Jon.

Short line on Rodon at -105 vs the Angels & Pena looks enticing as well. Even a F5 under play may be in order there with a 9.5 total.. seems way high for 2 very average offenses. Should wait on catcher/umps. The same head to head match up went down in LA on 7/24. F5 and full game went under and the Sox beat the -187 Angels 4-2 that day.

Last edited:
(Wrist): Price exited his last outing due to a left wrist contusion and is expected to make his next scheduled start Friday against the Astros. (Updated September 03, 2018)

I am not a doctor. I have no idea if that will be a problem for Price but if not this game is llikely to be very one sided. Price on 6+ about a 1.50 ERA. Cole on 4 2.57 current listing

I hope you are right since I like the Astros but Boston is Much better off a day off and Price should be the better pitcher. Houston probably has better relief pitching and a slight edge in days of the week. Hitting seems to be Boston but that is not clear. We can wait for ump I suppose.
Regarding Pitt---big edge in days but Straily very good on 6+
Actually I would expect an over. These teams hate each other and thinking the pitching will stop an over seems optimistic

Spread Seems nuts in Oakland putting it mildly
Cleveland at Toronto----dislike Toronto pitcher a lot but that is a very good day for Toronto and under 500 for Cle

Last edited:
I hope you are right since I like the Astros but Boston is Much better off a day off and Price should be the better pitcher. Houston probably has better relief pitching and a slight edge in days of the week. Hitting seems to be Boston but that is not clear. We can wait for ump I suppose.
Regarding Pitt---big edge in days but Straily very good on 6+
Actually I would expect an over. These teams hate each other and thinking the pitching will stop an over seems optimistic

If anything I think Cole is the better pitcher head to head.. especially in a big spot where Price tends to fall apart. Who really knows though. Boston at +money with their #2 pitcher going against the Stros #2 pitcher is a little strange to me.

Kershaw vs Gray tonight. Don’t want to bet either pitcher because not sure which one shows up. Gray is unpredictable and ROX hitters have hit Kershaw well. Going to BP and then just enjoy the game and root for a Rockies win! Gorgeous night to boot.

Spread Seems nuts in Oakland putting it mildly
Cleveland at Toronto----dislike Toronto pitcher a lot but that is a very good day for Toronto and under 500 for Cle

I think Toronto's psyche is different now that I wouldn't put much faith in days of the week. I think they may have packed their tents.

Price wasn’t looking too hot before getting knocked on the hand against the fish in that one either.

Joe Ross at +120 right now making his first start since July '17 after undergoing TJ. Lester faced the Nats in Wrigley on 8/11 and was abused for 8 runs in 3.2 innings. Lester has been the road night warrior this year, where his splits are both a full run and a half better. I've complained enough about Lester who continues to be one of the most enigmatic pitchers. Either he dominates, or he allows himself to dominate himself mentally and really struggles. I personally have no clue which Lester we get tonight. His last outing, he dominated the Phillies who I don't think highly of whatsoever. But we do get his favorite away/night setup. There does seem to be an issue with moisture and his inability to locate/control when there is the slightest bit of dampness, his grip and mechanics go way off. Being that there is thunderstorms and humidity all through today/tonight in DC, this could be one of those dangerous games for Jon.

Short line on Rodon at -105 vs the Angels & Pena looks enticing as well. Even a F5 under play may be in order there with a 9.5 total.. seems way high for 2 very average offenses. Should wait on catcher/umps. The same head to head match up went down in LA on 7/24. F5 and full game went under and the Sox beat the -187 Angels 4-2 that day.

Think I may play Cubs/Nats O9.5

Haven't started capping yet, man this Boston series is going to be awesome. It is a very big start for Price imo. This is playoff warm up. Time to start peaking

I have no problem with people uninterested in the Days. They certainly do not work all the time, Actually would be delighted if everyone forgot about them. Betting on slime no interest but might be intersted in the over. Real interest in Texas
Would play Arizona except worried about the ump with Corbin on 5 and good day of week

If anything I think Cole is the better pitcher head to head.. especially in a big spot where Price tends to fall apart. Who really knows though. Boston at +money with their #2 pitcher going against the Stros #2 pitcher is a little strange to me.
Does the term nuts apply

Gausman is not bad but he stinks on the road
and maybe under is right but with these 2 teams it is very hard to bet

Tanaka has allowed 2 ER or fewer in 7 of his last 9 starts, recording a 2.68 ERA in that timeframe

6-0 with a 2.34 ERA in 7 career starts against the Mariners

Yankees at Safeco Field since May 29, 2011

W-L 19-5
Runs 4.4
AVG .254

ERA 2.24
BAA .212

2 runs or fewer allowed in 16 of 24 games ... 3 or fewer in 19 of 24

regarding the Astros and Bosox IF the same two pitchers going at minute maid tonight what do you line the game at?

Both starters in Milwaukee have short terrible history with a strong under???

Back