9/14 Can the playoffs start already?

peelpub94

More Guards Than Shawshank
Even though there are some exciting divisional finishes, I'm really tired of the grind. Take away playoff hockey and October baseball is the most dramatic, gut wrenching event we have. I normally don't bet September ball but I've been playing a game or 2 here and there, especially on home dogs still in a playoff race. That leads me to the Cards and Flaherty sitting at a nice +110. Jack has been walking the park lately but he comes back home to Busch where he is a dramatically different pitcher on the season. He dominated the Dodgers in LA last time around, and I've found no direct correlation to how an opponent responds in their next meeting. Whether they hit the guy hard or get dominated again does not seem to be consistent whatsoever. So at these odds, I'm taking my chances.

Flaherty & Buehler met up on Aug 22nd, Buehler 6-5, 3.09 ERA threw 7 shutout innings in that game. He allowed just 3 hits and 2 walks while striking out 9. Flaherty 8-6, 2.92 was throwing a no-hitter until Joc Pederson cracked a solo homer with one out in the bottom of the sixth. It was the only hit Flaherty allowed, he walked two and struck out 10,

The ump apparently hates home dogs. On the other hand I am still trying to find out why the Cards are a dog

Some of the games seem very strange. Hamels is on 5 and should win easily ecept that he has los 7 in a row in the day

Chin is on 5. He can not come close on the road on 6 which is by far his best rest
Can Philadelphia actually lose this game 1-7 away 9.13 road ERA

Yanks are a huge favorite when Toronto is 16-8 on Friday?
Saying Boston recently has been taking it easy at home seems an understatement
Syn on best rest first half?By the way Hector on 6 is not obvious based on 2 cases
Has Houston grown up. lots of trends against them but on raw power they should win easy

Last edited:
The ump apparently hates home dogs. On the other hand I am still trying to find out why the Cards are a dog
Because it's the Dodgers, same shit as with the Yanks. Buehler is really good too but not much better than Flaherty.

This will be the 4th time Harvey faces the Cubs since June. Each outing he's held them down pretty well. 4th time? I don't know. Cubs need wins more than anything right now and with Hamels out there, it's gotta happen. I might look at a Cubs/Phillies parlay just based on Chen being a disaster on the road.

Last edited:
I probably should not have bet Pirates tonight, but I did. Also bet the Devil Rays and Nats/Braves O7.5

Usually you should wait for the ump. Putting in a first half under in Cards. Ref not terrible but a little to the over side. 5 days best for both. Dodger pitcher and Card pitcher both in max effort spots I think. Dodger pitcher off a road game where he was beaten badly his a rematch where he pitched a littler better but still lost at home to Card pitcher. Card pitcher off 2 losses and his team is in trouble

Leaning Milwaukee. Pitt starter sucks Gio fundamentally a good pitcher. Archer on 6+ 6.20 ERA based on 24.2 innings
Real interest in Detroit first half Boyd on best rest 5 with great history at Cleveland vs Tomlin. Tomlin has been fairly awlful except for his last 2 relief starts 2 innings 1 hit. Still interest in Toronto in some bet. 5 days is average minus for Max. He has Wieters catching 1.94 ERA His Best

Last edited:
Leaning Milwaukee as well. Interested in Tampa as always- feel like their bats can really do damage vs Ejax.

Pauley has a point. Anderson 8.44 short sample in SF and Gausman for at least 2 years has been awful on 6 +

looked at Boston starter. Previous 3 years over 6. This year mid 3 on limited relief as far as I can see never pitched in Boston

Is everyone missing that if Gausman plays to form Washington scores a lot of runs

Back