• Thread starter Thread starter Alistair
  • Start date Start date
well considering the NBA said that play Kobe made on Rubio in the last second should of been a foul speaks for itself.

The whole video is damning

Stern gonna make sure Kobe in playoffs. I just hope he doesn't make sure they make the WCF

thats fucking embarassing..
might have to change my mind n lay off the mavs tonight.. wont get a call

I can't stand it when refs favor teams. Just watching that video pisses me off. I had Sac also the other day and didn't realize how much they got fucked over.

The NBA needs the big market city of LA in the playoffs. And one way or another they'll get in.

kobelol.png

A pretty damning look at how some recent Lakers games have been called. Look at the play beginning at 3:10. Abysmal.

Just something to keep in mind over the next few weeks...

[video=youtube;YZatX_6i5WY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZatX_6i5WY[/video]
you could do the same video for any team in the nba...dumbest thing i have seen in a while

Biggest BS that could be made about any team in this league, like was said before me.

I don't remember LAL - Portland game, but one can make the same video, claiming that refs won't allow Dallas to lose, based on their last game against the Lakers.
The T on Kobe was the same as the T on Dirk. Four amazingly obvious fouls made by Dallas players on Kobe, refs ignored.
In the fourth quarter, one, where they "helped" the Lakers, they gave Dwight 3 second and an offensive foul + with the score 90 - 90, 4 minutes to go, whistled travel call on Kobe.
I can go on...

If refs wanted to help out Lakers, they could have simply not call those calls.

The refs did one of the worst jobs I have seen this season in Dallas - LAL game and it wasn't in favor or against any team, they just sucked.

And btw, the foul by Farried was the right call and why on earth would anyone make up a foul, down 10 points??

Said vid making 'embedded' rounds across the internet. Surely it has been seen by Stern's media cronies. No doubt those games excluding the Nuggets encounter were Laker shaded but who gives a shit about the Kings and Blazers anyway. Is the commish ignorant or smart ? Tonight's game will be interesting...

Every legit 'star' in the NBA gets 'calls'/'no calls'. That shit with Kobe although blatantly pathetic is part of Stern's league. NBA is a 'star' driven business, nothing more - nothing less.

Would prefer Lakers or Mavs in the playoffs over a noncompetitive Utah sweep...

Lol please humor us all divol n explain how that foul was on faried.

Waiting for that response.
Should be great

Wait, wait, wait... Before I even read one post in this thread... I'm gonna guess this is a conspiracy theory thread. Amirite?

Listen lal can make the playoffs or Utah or Dallas n they all get stomped by okc but the film does not lie..
Kobe is such a whiny bitch. Always been.

[TABLE="class: threadnav-row"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="width: 60%"] Forum Index : Covers NBA Betting : Messages[/TD]
[TD="width: 40%, align: right"][/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
[TABLE="class: forum"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD="class: forumhead, width: 20%"]Author:[/TD]
[TD="class: forumhead"][NBA Betting] Topic: NBA refs should be the next ones to have their numbers retired at Staples Center[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: sp-info"]
[TD] MrBator[/TD]
[TD] View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: odd"]
[TD="class: forumpost"]
5.gif

Legend
[/TD]
[TD="class: forumpost-post"]#1
Posted: 4/3/2013 2:30:49 AM
The Mavs pretty much sucked tonight, and were likely headed towards a loss anyway, but the officiating crew assured that when they missed Dwight Howard doing the Dwight Howard Shuffle under the basket with 4 minutes left in the game. The replay showed him taking six shuffle steps with the ball as he tried to position himself right underneath the basket. The benevolent referees, rather than call the very obvious travel, instead mindlessly called another foul on Brandan Wright. Dirk Nowitzki complained about it, and one offical did not miss the opportunity to compound the crew's mistake by then whistling him for a technical foul. The tech was made by Kobe, and then Howard went to the line to brick his two free throws. The Mavs failed to grab the rebound, however, and Gasol wound up scoring a layup.

The Mavs had rallied from an 83-70 hole to get within 7 at 85-78 when the travel/shuffle by Howard was ignored in favor of another foul call on the Mavericks. At that point the Mavs knew the odds were stacked against them, so they threw in the towel, getting outscored 16-3 the rest of the way. The guy who put together that YouTube video showing the Lakers benefitting from a bunch of dubious calls this season needs to do some editing. He now has brand new footage to work with.
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: quoterow-left"][/TD]
[TD="class: quoterow"]quote[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD] Pants677[/TD]
[TD] View Space | Friends | Playbook | [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: even"]
0.gif

Prospect
[TD="class: forumpost-post"]#2
Posted: 4/3/2013 2:38:31 AM
At one point I remember seeing the Mavericks with like 8 ft attempts compared to the Lakers close to 20. That was before the hack-a-howard phase. [/TD]
[/TR]
[/TR]
[TD] sidehustle[/TD]
[TD]RSI
View Space | Friends | Playbook | [/TD]
[/TR]
0.gif

Prospect
[/TD]
[TD="class: forumpost-post"]#3
Posted: 4/3/2013 2:44:25 AM
Peace_5.gif

To be honest, I account for the fact that the Lakers get the benefit of the doubt regarding the whistle as I cap their games.

I think everyone should be aware of this. Unfortunately it's no joke.

A seemingly unimportant call such as the one missed tonight can, will, and has sucked the momentum out of teams, and in other cases has decided games outright.

Sad, but true.
paint_help.gif

[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TR]
[TD] KobezKing[/TD]
[/TR]
11.gif

Captain
[TD="class: forumpost-post"]#4
Posted: 4/3/2013 2:51:19 AM
u guys are right.... Only the lakers get calls....NEVER that team in south beach
an_roll_laugh.gif
... Have people already forgotten that the heat dont win the finals last year if they call the smack in the head by wade on rondo. Or how about the Bruce Lee karate kick to KG.... Yes that was a travel on dwight but lakers controlled that game from start to finish...They were not losing that game.Or how about Lebron going 9 str8 games without committing one personal foul another
an_roll_laugh.gif

[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TR]
[TD] Pants677[/TD]
[/TR]
0.gif

Prospect
[TD="class: forumpost-post"]#5
Posted: 4/3/2013 2:54:08 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by KobezKing:

u guys are right.... Only the lakers get calls....NEVER that team in south beach
an_roll_laugh.gif
... Have people already forgotten that the heat dont win the finals last year if they call the smack in the head by wade on rondo. Or how about the Bruce Lee karate kick to KG.... Yes that was a travel on dwight but lakers controlled that game from start to finish...They were not losing that game.Or how about Lebron going 9 str8 games without committing one personal foul another
an_roll_laugh.gif

Don't get so butt hurt, no one is saying other teams don't get calls. I have never seen anything as bad as this Lakers playoff birth in my entire life though.
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TR]
[TR="class: forum-ad-row"]
[TD="colspan: 2"]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD] LineKiller28[/TD]
[/TR]
4.gif

Veteran
[/TD]
[TD="class: forumpost-post"]#6
Posted: 4/3/2013 3:01:22 AM
home teams getting benefit calls...is that a new thing?

The reason Dallas lost was not the refs, it was their putrid offensive brickest and getting out rebounded...Dirk was crap...VC was bigger crap...and the rest of this poorly assembled team is crap....and starting Kaman? (look at their record with Kaman starting).....Carlisle was outcoached by Pringles....thats saying a lot
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TR]
[TD] KobezKing[/TD]
[/TR]
11.gif

Captain
[TD="class: forumpost-post"]#7
Posted: 4/3/2013 3:04:47 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by Pants677:

Don't get so butt hurt, no one is saying other teams don't get calls. I have never seen anything as bad as this Lakers playoff birth in my entire life though.

iagree that was a travel tonight but what other call did they get tonight. in sac game everyone was complaining but salmons cuz he knew he fouled kobe. the cousin non call coulda went either way.i have seen that called and not called this year. But let me ask u something why should demarcus cousins get the benefit of the doubt call pump faking a 3 pt attempt as a center and a headcase baby????
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TR]
[TD] Consilience[/TD]
[/TR]
0.gif

Veteran
[TD="class: forumpost-post"]#8
Posted: 4/3/2013 3:08:03 AM
The Lakers fta(free throw attempts) vs. their opponents beginning March 3rd through tonight's game vs. the Mavericks equals an astonishing 464-272. We can eliminate the infamous hack-a-Howard game coached by the buffoon Jacque Vaughn of the Orlando Magic when he chose to send the rhythmic free throw shooting Dwight Howard to the line for an incredible 39 attempts(much to his team's demise) and we still see a disparity to the tune of 417-255. That results in 10.8 more ftas per game over the course of the last 15 games. Dwight Howard accounted for 129 of the 417 fta or roughly 30.9% of the team's attempts since March 3rd, the Magic game not included.

[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TR]
[TD] sidehustle[/TD]
[TD]RSI
View Space | Friends | Playbook | [/TD]
[/TR]
0.gif

Prospect
[/TD]
[TD="class: forumpost-post"]#9
Posted: 4/3/2013 3:08:28 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by KobezKing:

an_roll_laugh.gif
an_roll_laugh.gif

It's no secret that the superstars will get superstar treatment.

However, Lebron got mauled against Chicago and it took the NBA/officials 4-5 days to upgrade a foul to a higher degree. Obviously 4-5 days is too late. And do you think the officials would ever let an opposing player come close to making that type of contact with Kobe Bryant?

Let's not forget that the Lakers franchise in general has benefited from hairy officiating for a long, long while now. Kobe Bryant gets foul calls in the same way Tom Brady used to draw defensive penalties in the NFL; look at him and you're whistled/flagged.
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TR]
[TD] BatangTae[/TD]
[TD]RSI
View Space | Blog | Friends | Playbook | [/TD]
[/TR]
4.gif

Prospect
[/TD]
[TD="class: forumpost-post"]#10
Posted: 4/3/2013 3:09:33 AM
i have a bad feeling about this especially when a saw the video on youtube. that's why i ride LAL on this game..

ref helps LAL but LAL should do the rest, and that's what they did..
Peace_5.gif

lets ride LAL bandwagon from this point forward..
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TR]
[TD] KobezKing[/TD]
[/TR]
11.gif

Captain
[TD="class: forumpost-post"]#11
Posted: 4/3/2013 3:11:45 AM
QUOTE Originally Posted by sidehustle:

It's no secret that the superstars will get superstar treatment.

However, Lebron got mauled against Chicago and it took the NBA/officials 4-5 days to upgrade a foul to a higher degree. Obviously 4-5 days is too late. And do you think the officials would ever let an opposing player come close to making that type of contact with Kobe Bryant?

are u really trying to say kobe gets more calls than lebron

Let's not forget that the Lakers franchise in general has benefited from hairy officiating for a long, long while now. Kobe Bryant gets foul calls in the same way Tom Brady used to draw defensive penalties in the NFL; look at him and you're whistled/flagged.

[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TR]
[TD] KobezKing[/TD]
[/TR]
11.gif

Captain
[TD="class: forumpost-post"]#12
Posted: 4/3/2013 3:14:27 AM
and u cannot use the lakers ft disparity because opposing teams just foul d12 every time hes in paint on purpose. others teams dont get to line alot against lakers cuz most teams arent gona challenge d12 in paint
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: quoterow"]
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

9 games without a foul. Covers thread by Bator did not come through talking about the cheating tonight.

The funniest thing is all the laker homers are going to get their mouths shut when they get beat in 4 or 5 games in the first round.

Its obvious that the games are not kosher. Officials have an agenda before the game starts. Just look at the NCAA fiasco with former NBA official Ed Rush.

Yes, obviously if Lakers will lose in the first round of the playoffs, me and other Lakers fans won't be happy about it.
What's more funny to me, is that if Lakers won't make it to the playoffs or if they will lose in 4 - 5 games in the first round, no Laker hater will step up and admit that there was no truth to conspiracy theory and that despite what they thought, refs/ Stern didn't try to help the Lakers to win...

Yes he did. It's obvious dude. In not a hater of anyone. The evidence is quite alarming.

When you have people in the media saying that the refs are helping the team and that there is no way the lakers will miss the playoffs because of something called "free throw shooting" that should tell you something.

I assume even of its for one rd. The Lakers in the playoffs vs okc would draw 20 times the attention Utah vs okc.
Right?

Mos def, Wade.

Re-watched last night's game (had cash on it live but viewed it with a 'clear' head this morning) and I have no doubt in my mind the game was officiated to guarantee a Laker victory. Mavs were off but the refs made sure they stayed off, Dirk should have got to the line a ton more and the lack of calls affected his mindset, no doubt. All the 50/50's, the Howard travel, Blake taking the ball under his basket with a clear foot out of bounds, the numerous no-calls on Dallas.

Hate to say it but this maybe Stern giving Kobe his final swan song much like Goodell did with Ray. You know the commish has only his best henchmen working the playoffs. Would be weary of the Lakers come postseason. Why get them to the playoffs and have them 'ass out' 1st round ?

Lakers v Heat Finals would line the NBA's pockets pretty good.

In a fairly called game there is no way they'd advance past OKC, Spurs, Denver, LAC or Memphis but the NBA is what it is...

The non-travel call of Dwight Howard was just ridiculous. And to top it off......the officials compound their mistake by calling a technical foul on Dirk. Here let me blow a call.....and then call a technical foul on Dirk for trying to let you know that you missed the call.

What a bunch of BS. That was when the Mavs cut the game to five points too.

The post that's hilarious to me is the one comparing Lakers fta to opponents fta. Ummmmm, there's a pretty obvious reason the Lakers shoot so many more fts than their opponents. Just look back to that recent game in Orlando if you still need help figuring it out.

Emke, you're too funny. Refs this season are just killing the Lakers and you look at Utah - Denver game??? They tried to help Dallas the other night, they gave the win to the Hawks in the game that was in Atlanta... just brutal... If not for the refs, Lakers have secured playoff spot by now...

Just pointing out coincidental occurrences, Divol. Nothing more.

Could be an agenda, could very well not be but it's clear that the Lakers in the playoffs is a financial 'drawcard' and the NBA is a business first and foremost...

Just pointing out coincidental occurrences, Divol. Nothing more.

Could be an agenda, could very well not be but it's clear that the Lakers in the playoffs is a financial 'drawcard' and the NBA is a business first and foremost...

No doubt that Lakers = more money.
I just hate conspiracy theories overall and you can triple that when it comes to the team I favorite, the Lakers.
It's so easy to scream that it's fixed without any proof, but you can't refute it (because the claim doesnt' have anything to hold to).

As for Dwight's travel, I think that in each NBA game, there are 100 or more travels that refs don't call.
Kobe does it a lot btw, far more than Dwight.
In the game against Dallas, Dirk travelled twice in a row and refs didn't call it even once.

Refs helped Lakers beat Portland in wcf 11 yrs ago

No doubt, in a single game (I honestly don't remember now that game), refs can determine the outcome by making mistakes.
From that, to build a whole conspiracy theory...

Well I sure hope all you boys took the lock of the day, my Lakers on the ml, like I did tonight. Lake Show!

Well I sure hope all you boys took the lock of the day, my Lakers on the ml, like I did tonight. Lake Show!
INTERNET / -1
NBA
STRAIGHT BET
[524] LA LAKERS -130

260 / 200

WIN
WIN
04/05/2013 08:43 PM

<TBODY>
[TD="align: left"]Ticket #: 90151051
Apr 05 10:41 PM
[/TD]

</TBODY>
good shit KK. i usually would play the -2 but I had a feeling it would be close down the stretch.

Well, the Lakers probably weren't going deep into the playoffs, anyway. Greinke, Bryant, Jerry Buss dying, Hanley...been a rough time for LA sports.

Back