8:00 PM EST Saturday: Hawaii at New Mexico State....

Hawaiiguy

Big Kahuna
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Notes:[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- Nothing was sweeter than watching the Fresno fans filing out of their stadium at halftime. In the fourth quarter the stadium was empty except for a contingent of Hawaii fans. Hawaii easily avenged the 70-14 humiliation they suffered there two years ago, topping it off with their war dance http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGRfxmNIqXo right in the middle of Fresno Field on top of their Bulldog Logo …….payback sucks…..[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- November 25th, mark it down…..When Purdue comes to Hawaii….there won’t be a total high enough to contain what could be the most exciting game of the year…[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- 73% / 2,271 yards / 23 TDs / 5 Ints……that’s right, Colt Brennan’s numbers after 6 games…..Consider this: 2 of his interceptions came on hail mary’s to end a half and to end a game. One came off a pass that bounced off his receiver’s head…..according to June Jones, by their game film, Hawaii’s receivers are dropping 3.5 passes per game, if our receivers caught passes hitting them in the hands……82% completion rate……I noted that Brennan’s stock rocketed with his Boise State performance, 12 NFL teams sent scouts to the Fresno game to watch Brennan….83%/409 yards/5 TDs/0 Ints will only help his NFL stock....Brennan has also received his first Heisman Vote…..Coach Jones also noted that every team Hawaii has played, the opposing coach has told Jones that Brennan is the Best QB in the Country….in four years I have never hyped a Hawaii Basketball or Football player…….believe the hype here….
surprised.gif
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]My Pick(s) and reason why:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I have seen New Mexico State play once, and several times last year…..[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- Hawaii is in a precarious situation, back to back road games, totaling probably 14,000+ miles of travel, and several days of travel time. Hawaii did make it home BEFORE the Earthquake on Sunday morning…..however, the statewide power outage did have one affect: Per our news outlets, it may have hindered /delayed Hawaii’s film and final game planning for NMSU……[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- Hawaii is coming off a huge revenge game where the Hawaii players and Coach’s talked about Fresno all of last week….letdown? On the flip side, NMSU played their ass off against Boise to no avail….[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- Watching Hawaii from week 1, I tried to find a team that would give Hawaii the toughest time…..that team without a doubt would be a pure passing team that would demolish Hawaii’s BRUTAL secondary. I first thought maybe Utah State…..now we know they won’t even be close…..No team qualifies more than NMSU and QB Chase Holbrook and his Number ONE ranking in passing yards in the NCAA. NMSU is today what Hawaii was last year: a young team racking up 500 yards a game having problems punching it in the Red Zone, Coach Mumme and his Air Attack has these guys rolling……NMSU at home against Hawaii’s secondary? They will put up 35+ points……[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- Hawaii’s offense? Coach Jones noted , “We cannot execute better than what we are doing……this is our best offense ever”. Who can argue? Hawaii is scoring at will against everyone, averaging 43.5ppg. Also, realize that in 3 of 6 games for Hawaii, Hawaii starters were pulled in the 3rd Quarter being merciful…..Hawaii has only played 3 complete games this year… Hawaii against NMSU’s defense? 50+……[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- I cannot recall the last time Hawaii was this big of a favorite on the road……especially against a more than capable offensive team. The oddsmakers are over adjusting to Hawaii’s emotional demolition of Fresno…….[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]New Clock rules? Screw it, means nothing to two teams who are going to throw it up 50 times each time against horrendous defenses….this will be a game of “Can you top this?”…..Two teams who want to showcase their offenses…..[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The total is 14+ off the correct amount and could be a steal…..[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The spread is overly inflated to compensate for Hawaii’s demolition of Fresno…..[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Medium Plays…..I would like to have seen NMSU play more this year……[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hawaii NMSU OVER 70 770 to win 700[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]NMSU +18 ½ 440 to win 400[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Good luck in whatever you play……

[/FONT]
cool.gif

[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- Let me rag on that shithead we call a defensive coordinator Jerry Glanville one more time here….One play in that Fresno game epitomizes Glanville’s entire “Can’t find a job I was going to coach a special ed class until Jones called me” career: Fresno’s first possession, Hawaii knocks them back 9 yards…..3rd and 19, a struggling QB, Fresno is backed up. Every team in JC, D-III, II, I, pop warner, flag football, Playstation NCAA would have dropped into a Cover 2 or Cover 4 and kept the receivers in front, make the tackle and make Fresno Punt…….but noooooo…..not Glanville…..he sends the house on his Gritz Blitz and Fresno’s big lumbering tight end catches a 75 yard pass up the middle…..wtf???????[/FONT]

Last edited:
Was looking forward to this thread bro...I was hoping this was the side you would be prefer...

I don't want the total, but bad spot for UH...

I'm on the pts also.

I circled NMSU a few weeks ago but wanted to see your pick first.

Looks good...good luck.

I had NMSU +21 and because it cashed, I was able to salvage +2 UNITS on the week. Not a big sum, but on the positive side. Good call again, HG!

beer.gif

Sorry, I just saw your line after I replied. Thanks for the info because I will not play a Hawaii game till I read your post.

Great call on the over my man

Lookin forward to the visit by Idaho, although after a few tough losses I think they play Hawaii well

Homecoming though, so hopefully we'll get those home cooking calls!

Back