75% of the season in the books...what do we know?

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Definitely need some help this week as I saw literally nothing other than SNF yesterday and two Lions drives...

Man, I just love John Gruden. Would like to see him come back and coach but hate to lose him in the booth. Nothing PC about the way he works... just tells it how it is. The NFL should listen to him.

I learned Seattle is better than I thought they were - I expected them to finish 9-7, maybe worse after all the injuries, but their D line just dominated that game Sun night. Phil had no answer. We saw the difference between a team with playoff pedigree and a team without. Very true when people say the playoffs are a different animal.

Jimmy G hype may be warranted. It’s amazing how different a team can look with a QB. Really like what they are building in San Fran and looking forward to some good 49ers/Rams games in the years to come.

Eagles showed themselves to be an unconvincing NFC leader. Their offense relied on Wentz making some playground plays to make any progress.

Their Strength of Victory number gets worse each week. They've now played only 2 of the other 11 teams in the league with a winning record, going 1-1 with possibly only this 1 game left against the Rams until the playoffs. Vikings by comparison are 3-1 and have 3 more tough games. Saints are 2-3 and have two more. Rams are 2-2 and have three more.

The opposition is going to be much more battle tested. They are in a must win situation this week against the Goffs.

Yep, that SOS for the Birds is scary. Wasn't expecting them to win the SB either way.

Learnt that I should just avoid primetime games.

Steez are the Cavs of the NFL when it comes to playing with the spread. They have it down to an art form.

They are a solid live bet though, bankroll agrees.

Russ aka The Wonderboy is the MVP of the league, without him the Hags would be straight ass.

No dude more important to their teams success than Russ Wilson.

Gronk committed a felony and got a 1 game suspension, 2 dudes playing tag over a gold chain got 2 games each.

League has no idea what pass interference is, basically it's at the discretion of the refs and maybe what ticket they're holding or who they rooted for as a kid.

If the Jags didn't have Bake Blortles I would call them the best team in the league bar none. The metrics on this team are insane and they're under the radar.

Case Keenum is not winning a Super Bowl. Slow your roll Vikes fans and band-wagoners.

Jags-Hawks is the best game only 5 percent of the country will see. Fox’s 1:00 slate is brutal, how did they not move this one up?

Bar we learned the following things.

Minny is a young Seattle in the making.

Defensively this team can dominate. They shit down a very motivated Falcons team.

Richard Sherman. Xavier Rhodes
Earl Thomas Harrison Smith
Bobby Wagner Eric Hendricks
Kj wright. Anthony Barr
Michael Bennet. Everson Griffin

5 dominant pro bowl guys on defense.

Offensively Keenum is a junior Drew Bree's kid can ball and sling it. His college numbers at Houston were no joke.

This team can play defense.

Offensively they have the best 1-2 combo of receivers. Diggs and Thielen are amazing.
Kyle Rudolph is a great catching tight end.

Latavioys Murray and McKinnon are great.

This team is the class of the NFc

Saints are close but won't win vsvikings. You can't beat Vikings with just Kamara running wild. They will be exposed vsvikings defense.

Learned that Afc should just send the pats to the suoerbowl right now.

There is no Afc team even close to the pats level. When the only threat is the Ravens.

Chargers steelers match up terrible vs pats. Pats own those teams.

Also learned that Seattle is better than believed

Also starting to believe that Shernan and chancellors are likely not as good as we thought and were more products of system.

Defense looks the same with maxwell and Jeremy lane out there?

Perhaps it's the system and the fact earl Thomas and the D line doninate each week. Also having bobby Wagner the best linebacker. Shernan Is smart and understands the game.

Sherman would be limited on most other teams.

Learned that Afc should just send the pats to the suoerbowl right now.

There is no Afc team even close to the pats level. When the only threat is the Ravens.

Chargers steelers match up terrible vs pats. Pats own those teams.

Call me crazy but I think the Jags may be the only team who can beat NE, and that would be a miracle. Nobody will outgun Brady, only way is by knocking him around and nobody else in the AFC can get to him.

Also learned that Seattle is better than believed

Also starting to believe that Shernan and chancellors are likely not as good as we thought and were more products of system.
Defense looks the same with maxwell and Jeremy lane out there?

Perhaps it's the system and the fact earl Thomas and the D line doninate each week. Also having bobby Wagner the best linebacker. Shernan Is smart and understands the game.

Sherman would be limited on most other teams.

no.

Yes the Jags are also a young Seattle defense.

Pro bowlers everywhere on defense.

If they can find Fournette they COUKD beat anyone. Bortles beating Brady?

The D line is definitely starting to dominate, but what they lost is the ability to get six the other way with the defense. Kam/Sherman were great at that.

Seattle is dangerous, Graham all of a sudden scoring tds every game ($$$), Wilson escaping rushers and extending every play.... this game is going to be very telling vs Jax though

After the league abandon running backs and went to spread offenses is it fair to say that the most DONINANT players are not receivers and running backs????
Ezekiel Elliot
Alvin Kamara
Todd gurley
Dalvin cook
These guys look DONINANT.

These running backs are really good.

I mean watch these guys and they dominate.

Teams are transformed with 1 running back.

Look at saints!!

Seattle is dangerous, Graham all of a sudden scoring tds every game ($$$), Wilson escaping rushers and extending every play.... this game is going to be very telling vs Jax though

Yeah all of a sudden Graham has chemistry with Wikson.
Wikson looks leaner and faster.

We also know that the NFL suffers from a river Goodell issue.

Nothing to do with anthem but it has everything to do with player safety and conduct.

NFL needs to Review Retrain and implement Safety precautions
Take the thuggery cheap shots out of the game by TRAINING EDUCATING PLAYERS.

ALL DIRTY HITS ARE AUTOMATIC EJECTION

This game we love witll not be around in 20 years.

The brain injuries are real.

They need to figure out a way to reduce concussions.

Who beats the Jags? Jags are a physical team....and those types of teams have given Brady fits for years.

They've allowed 2 WR to hit for over 60 yards this year....you can't really run on them anymore....

Jags been giving Bortles a little bit more leash the last few weeks to pass the ball...to get him aclimated to not relying on LF.

If the Vikings get HFA no one comes in here and wins.
Not Drew
Not Carson
Not Russ

The lack of a O-line and lack of even a competent running game for Seattle will eventually kill them.

could be this week.

Chargers are the hottest team in the NFL right now, and for once have stayed healthy.....Their secondary is extremely under rated, and the two edge rushers they have are dominant.....but you pound the rock against them. I wouldn't worry about playing them in the playoffs if they get there..

NFC playoffs seem to be already locked in, just seeding needs to be done.

3 of the biggest games of the weekend are playoff caliber games
Minny @ Carolina
Wentz @ LAR
Sea @ JAX

Vegas believes the three non public teams are better,and i agree....but at least one pulls the upset....and I think thats Carolina. Minny been on a Torrid ATS streak last 30 or so....but this is a terrible spot.....3 straight roadies with 3 straight after this that they will be TD favs or better. The "sharps" disagree though.....line opened -1 moved -3 right away.

Hopefully GB loses this weekend....(they will, go get some Browns +150) if you can...and then Rodgers should be shut down for the year...with no playoff aspirations. Its Mike McCarthy though.....he likely trotts A-ARON out there and plays him in a meaningless game against the team that destroyed their season

Once Peterman is announced as the starter for the Bills, go hit the under. Both teams are dead last in pace of play....Peterman wont be able to take advantage of Indy's poor pass defense, and Buffalo should shut down the Colts....Although maybe look at Frank Gore in FF matchups. Bills cant stop the run

Chargers are the hottest team in the NFL right now, and for once have stayed healthy.....Their secondary is extremely under rated, and the two edge rushers they have are dominant.....but you pound the rock against them. I wouldn't worry about playing them in the playoffs if they get there..

I think the biggest point is that RIVERS is not a playoff performer??

What has he done

Minny @ Carolina
Wentz @ LAR
Sea @ JAX

Vegas believes the three non public teams are better,and i agree....but at least one pulls the upset....and I think thats Carolina. Minny been on a Torrid ATS streak last 30 or so....but this is a terrible spot.....3 straight roadies with 3 straight after this that they will be TD favs or better. The "sharps" disagree though.....line opened -1 moved -3 right away.

Trying to envision the world should the three home teams win. Throw in a Saints win, a Baltimore upset, a Miami upset and an Arizona win.

AFC - Pitt & NE square off at 10-3 with Jax owning tiebreakers on both at 9-4. Loser goes to #3 seed and loses that important bye.

NFC - Four way tie at 10-3 with Minn #1, LAR #2, NO #3 and Phil #4 seeds.

How much fun would that be?

Bar we learned the following things.

Minny is a young Seattle in the making.

Defensively this team can dominate. They shit down a very motivated Falcons team.

Richard Sherman. Xavier Rhodes
Earl Thomas Harrison Smith
Bobby Wagner Eric Hendricks
Kj wright. Anthony Barr
Michael Bennet. Everson Griffin

5 dominant pro bowl guys on defense.

Offensively Keenum is a junior Drew Bree's kid can ball and sling it. His college numbers at Houston were no joke.

This team can play defense.

Offensively they have the best 1-2 combo of receivers. Diggs and Thielen are amazing.
Kyle Rudolph is a great catching tight end.

Latavioys Murray and McKinnon are great.

This team is the class of the NFc

Saints are close but won't win vsvikings. You can't beat Vikings with just Kamara running wild. They will be exposed vsvikings defense.
Agree with all of this, obviously. Except for Rudolph. Guy never blocks or fights for yards after the catch. Good hands though.

Losing Gruden in the booth is not a loss. Sorry to disagree C-Man but it is just tiring to hear every week every play how this guy or that guy is the best at something. For example, it is like he has a list In front of him. There is a screen pass that a safety tackles the rb for a loss. Gruden, " I will tell YOU, I have watched this guy on film and I believe that nobody in the league is better at stopping screen passes than this guy here. He is the best there is and if you are going to run screen passes you better watch out for #23." All game long............the next play there is an end run for 12 yards and either the guard or rb is the best at end runs.

Minny @ Carolina
Wentz @ LAR
Sea @ JAX

I see a couple unders I like in there and I hate unders

Losing Gruden in the booth is not a loss. Sorry to disagree C-Man but it is just tiring to hear every week every play how this guy or that guy is the best at something. For example, it is like he has a list In front of him. There is a screen pass that a safety tackles the rb for a loss. Gruden, " I will tell YOU, I have watched this guy on film and I believe that nobody in the league is better at stopping screen passes than this guy here. He is the best there is and if you are going to run screen passes you better watch out for #23." All game long............the next play there is an end run for 12 yards and either the guard or rb is the best at end runs.
I don't mind him, it's not like there are 8 games going at once to take your attention away. There is a ton of down time in one NFL game, especially an awful one, entertainment is vital and he entertains me

Jags, Ravens and Bolts could all derail the Pats run to the SB. They're the only 3 teams in the AFC that could.

Steez took a major hit with the Shazier injury.

Please chill with the Baltimore stuff. They are worse than my awful Chiefs. Here's a handy list of some of the QBs Baltimore was fortunate to face and beat

Kizer/Hogan
EJ Manuel
Matt Moore
Brett Hundley
Tom Savage

I'd pump the brakes on the Jags too. The Jags might go into NE and win? Are you shitting me? They couldn't even go to disinterested Arizona and beat Blaine Gabbert. Any team that gets a lead on the Jags is going to win because then Bortles has to actually pass. NE would dismantle them.

Bolts will be Bolts. They will fuck it up.

Patriots are going to cruise. I hate them so so much. So much. But Pitt has yet to put it together and they are still scraping by. That won't work in January.

I slept on the Vikings. Great team. Still like the Saints a lot despite last night. Kamara was a huge loss.

Haven't been around much. Been traveling, following those God forsaken Chiefs. got two for Sunday if anyone is in the KC area and I'm tired of watching them .

Hope all is well

Jags, Ravens and Bolts could all derail the Pats run to the SB. They're the only 3 teams in the AFC that could.

Steez took a major hit with the Shazier injury.

Jags are the only team with a shot due to their defense. They can stop the pass and are good enough vs the run.
However can Bortles do anything. Brady vs Bortles is a huge mismatch.

Jags on their best day would have to play pats on their bad day.

RAVENS AND BOLTS have no chance. Ravens are always injured and Flacco is pretty weak . Rivers loses in the playoffs.
Brady will be at home-

I would like to think that someone could beat the Pats but seriously the opposing teams pass rush vs Brady Rarely gets any pressure on Brady.

Brady could be 7-0 in suierbowls if not for 2 Eli flukes.

Last 2 superbowls where was Seattles pass rush and Atlantas pass rush vs Brady in the second half???

It was nowhere because pats allow quick scores and also before halftime.
Then they control the ball and tire the other team out and win. Both Seattle and Atlanta ran out of gas rushing vs Brady/

Giants in the 4th qtr of both games also ran out of gas in the fourth.

To me Case Keenum is the most underrated passer in the NFL -

I think he is a pure passer and is quite good.

Vikings with Dalvin cook would be unstoppable.

Cook is a clone of Kamara

Please chill with the Baltimore stuff. They are worse than my awful Chiefs. Here's a handy list of some of the QBs Baltimore was fortunate to face and beat

Kizer/Hogan
EJ Manuel
Matt Moore
Brett Hundley
Tom Savage

I'd pump the brakes on the Jags too. The Jags might go into NE and win? Are you shitting me? They couldn't even go to disinterested Arizona and beat Blaine Gabbert. Any team that gets a lead on the Jags is going to win because then Bortles has to actually pass. NE would dismantle them.

Bolts will be Bolts. They will fuck it up.

Patriots are going to cruise. I hate them so so much. So much. But Pitt has yet to put it together and they are still scraping by. That won't work in January.

I slept on the Vikings. Great team. Still like the Saints a lot despite last night. Kamara was a huge loss.

Haven't been around much. Been traveling, following those God forsaken Chiefs. got two for Sunday if anyone is in the KC area and I'm tired of watching them .

Hope all is well

I don't appreciate your Chiefs losing to the Jets.

Defense travels in the playoffs, Jags could go in and beat the Pats even with Blortles.

I'd be more concerned about the refs than the Jags shitty QB.

Ran the numbers and the Saints are my pick to rep the NFC in the big dance and potentially win the whole thing.

in order for the jags to go into foxboro and beat the pats they would have to score more than the 24 points that the pats will score....how are they going to do that?

capaholic it really bums me out that you hate on my pats like that, it sounded so deep down ha ha love your passion

Back