Y Molina
Napoli
Harrison
Frazier
Simmons
Bellinger
Beltran
Pollock

And definitely a key step in DFS is having the right pitcher. It's pretty hard not to have atleast kluber or scherzer in a lineup

Hmmm, I did a few tourney lineups, using stacks from SEA/METS/COL/MIN, did a small hedge stack with the reds, and through a lot of my eggs into kluber (as opposed to scherzer)

I'd avoid hamels btw, but I don't want to sway you out of it. His strikeout rate is terrible (key in DFS) and his hard contact is really bad too. Fine with nelson however, although the ballpark doesnt help (for max either)

The only team I didn't incorporate that I know I need to is the CHC.

I did tournament lineups (where you're incentives are to stack lineups) and I have kluber in 5+ lineups, with a mix of a lot of SEA vs Holland. I targeted cano/seager/cruz at a minimum, with some zunino/valencia (need to wait for lineups to come out). Also if I needed salary relief I went with a cheaper OF, but it is hard to pass on cruz.

I did mets stack because chatwoods only good statistic is GB, but he gives up a lot of walks, and he's susceptible to giving up HRs (oddly enough). And the mets offer a cheap option (atleast FD pricing) that seems to be uncharacteristic. (I remember cespedes/bruce/conforto all being 4k+ and now as low as 3k). Ie. there lineup has high potential, and is a cheap option for when you have kluber/scherzer.

I will say if you're looking for a super cheap option in DK for tourney lineups, arrieta/castillo are worth a look.

you know what, going to add chc with mets/sea stacks too. To go with kluber.

I think kluber is top choice. Good ballpark, a's high a K rate, kluber has high K rate (only behind max in the slate). and is the biggest fave

Probably a good idea to not use King Felix...6.73 era in last six starts and hasn't lasted 6 innings in any of L6

Appreciate the words guys. I apologize, I started a new position at work, and I've been getting home roughly around 630 EST, may change in the future, but it is a pain in the ass to get everything together and posted up prior to that. Could do some late night posts. And on top of getting DFS together. It is a lot.

Excuse my stupidity but difference between cash and tournament? I'm vs thousands of peeps and not h2h so thats tournament? Or no?

I've done pretty good with MLB draft kings but too much work/time that I won't have....I really like NFL DK and really looking forward to it....also getting in the most expensive nfl fantasy season I've been in to date....so really looking forward to football as well

oh ya, I do like 8 fantasy year long leagues ;). but cash games are like h2h's you can say that it is the same as 50/50's .... as in safer more guaranteed picks are the route to go. In big money tournaments/multi entry tournies, you need to be shooting for higher risk/reward picks, IE STACKS. (more beneficial if low owned)

Take a look at tourneys you enter, and sift through the top lineups and you'll see they typically have two team 4 stacks and 1 different pitcher (atleast for FD). You stack a team because if theyre the ones putting up 10 runs, you get every part of that offense, more AB's, more chances at rbis coupled with the run scored, etc.

You don't want to choose a different player from 8 different teams. and hope that the guy who hits the hr/has the big game is the one you chose, for all 8 picks

I understand stacking....I'll post different strategies, sites, angles, tools, methods, etc...in one of these threads...we should get some good discussion

In mlb it's great to stack bats when vegas lines a high total, if you're fading a certain pitcher or if you see wind blowing out or its a hitters park or hot lineup....many variables

Last edited:
You don't want bats vs good SP or wind blowing in conditions or cold lineup or not good career numbers vs SP

It's just like capping individual games...I'm sure peeps successful at this use baseball-reference.com to research and still factor in ump tendencies as well

In mlb it's great to stack when vegas lines a high total, if you're fading a certain pitcher or if you see wind blowing out or its a hitters park or hot lineup....many variables
And when vegas lines a low total you probably don't want bats but take arms in those games...use vegas as a guideline

Dailybaseballdata.com good for weather and lineup vs pitcher stats
baseball press.com good for lineups

I like players hitting top 5 in order but sometimes value can be found on hot bat and or up and coming bat that's lower in lineup but has value because cheap price

GL rest of season....see ya in Saratoga thread...we're all gonna get paid this summer

Last edited:
This year, It seems like when constructing a lineup that you have to spend majority of $ on pitching....hitters are a dime a dozen

Back