[/TR]
[TR="class: linesAlt1"]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]1004 Buffalo Bills[/TD]
[TD]+7 Points 1.862[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesColumns"]
[TD]Sun 9/8[/TD]
[TD="class: contestLine, colspan: 2"]Tennessee Titans vs Pittsburgh Steelers[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]10:00 AM[/TD]
[TD]1005 Tennessee Titans[/TD]
[TD]+6.5 Points 1.990[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]1006 Pittsburgh Steelers[/TD]
[TD]-6.5 Points 1.901[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Sun 9/8[/TD]
[TD="class: contestLine, colspan: 2"]Atlanta Falcons vs New Orleans Saints[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]1007 Atlanta Falcons[/TD]
[TD]+2.5 Points 2.110[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]1008 New Orleans Saints[/TD]
[TD]-2.5 Points 1.800[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Sun 9/8[/TD]
[TD="class: contestLine, colspan: 2"]Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs New York Jets[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]1009 Tampa Bay Buccaneers[/TD]
[TD]-2 Points 1.943[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]1010 New York Jets[/TD]
[TD]+2 Points 1.943[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Sun 9/8[/TD]
[TD="class: contestLine, colspan: 2"]Kansas City Chiefs vs Jacksonville Jaguars[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]1011 Kansas City Chiefs[/TD]
[TD]-2.5 Points 1.813[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]1012 Jacksonville Jaguars[/TD]
[TD]+2.5 Points 2.090[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Sun 9/8[/TD]
[TD="class: contestLine, colspan: 2"]Cincinnati Bengals vs Chicago Bears[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]1013 Cincinnati Bengals[/TD]
[TD]+3.5 Points 1.855[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]1014 Chicago Bears[/TD]
[TD]-3.5 Points 2.040[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Sun 9/8[/TD]
[TD="class: contestLine, colspan: 2"]Miami Dolphins vs Cleveland Browns[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]1015 Miami Dolphins[/TD]
[TD]-1 Points 1.909[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]1016 Cleveland Browns[/TD]
[TD]+1 Points 1.980[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Sun 9/8[/TD]
[TD="class: contestLine, colspan: 2"]Seattle Seahawks vs Carolina Panthers[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]1017 Seattle Seahawks[/TD]
[TD]-3.5 Points 1.990[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]1018 Carolina Panthers[/TD]
[TD]+3.5 Points 1.901[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Sun 9/8[/TD]
[TD="class: contestLine, colspan: 2"]Minnesota Vikings vs Detroit Lions[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]1019 Minnesota Vikings[/TD]
[TD]+3 Points 1.943[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]1020 Detroit Lions[/TD]
[TD]-3 Points 1.943[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Sun 9/8[/TD]
[TD="class: contestLine, colspan: 2"]Oakland Raiders vs Indianapolis Colts[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]1021 Oakland Raiders[/TD]
[TD]+7 Points 1.962[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]1022 Indianapolis Colts[/TD]
[TD]-7 Points 1.926[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Sun 9/8[/TD]
[TD="class: contestLine, colspan: 2"]Arizona Cardinals vs St. Louis Rams[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]01:25 PM[/TD]
[TD]1023 Arizona Cardinals[/TD]
[TD]+6 Points 1.877[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]1024 St. Louis Rams[/TD]
[TD]-6 Points 2.010[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Sun 9/8[/TD]
[TD="class: contestLine, colspan: 2"]Green Bay Packers vs San Francisco 49ers[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]01:25 PM[/TD]
[TD]1025 Green Bay Packers[/TD]
[TD]+5 Points 1.990[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]1026 San Francisco 49ers[/TD]
[TD]-5 Points 1.901[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Sun 9/8[/TD]
[TD="class: contestLine, colspan: 2"]New York Giants vs Dallas Cowboys[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]05:30 PM[/TD]
[TD]1027 New York Giants[/TD]
[TD]+3 Points 1.847[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]1028 Dallas Cowboys[/TD]
[TD]-3 Points 2.050[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Mon 9/9[/TD]
[TD="class: contestLine, colspan: 2"]Philadelphia Eagles vs Washington Redskins[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]04:10 PM[/TD]
[TD]1029 Philadelphia Eagles[/TD]
[TD]+5 Points 1.926[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]1030 Washington Redskins[/TD]
[TD]-5 Points 1.962[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Mon 9/9[/TD]
[TD="class: contestLine, colspan: 2"]Houston Texans vs San Diego Chargers[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]07:20 PM[/TD]
[TD]1031 Houston Texans[/TD]
[TD]-3 Points 1.952[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesAlt3"]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]1032 San Diego Chargers[/TD]
[TD="class: linesAlt1"]+3 Points 1.935[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Last edited:
Bills stand out to me

The Bills have lost 23 of their last 25 to NE, and 18 of the last 20. It seems like a decent spot though, getting 7 at home with the off season that NE has had (Gronk and Hernandez). Billy just seems to own the Bills, and Buffalo will either be starting Kevin Kolb or a green rookie in EJ Manuel.

Could very easily see NE win the game and the Bills cover the spread, but going to have to see how everything shapes up before the game as far as Gronk's status and the Bills' QB status.

4th-500x349.jpg

Matthew Stafford agreed to a three-year extension with $43 million guaranteed with the Detroit Lions. Another guarantee, his girlfriend Kelly Hall’s boobs won’t be sagging anytime soon.

The Bills have lost 23 of their last 25 to NE, and 18 of the last 20. It seems like a decent spot though, getting 7 at home with the off season that NE has had (Gronk and Hernandez). Billy just seems to own the Bills, and Buffalo will either be starting Kevin Kolb or a green rookie in EJ Manuel.

Could very easily see NE win the game and the Bills cover the spread, but going to have to see how everything shapes up before the game as far as Gronk's status and the Bills' QB status.

besides the RB's and jones at wr can anyone tell me a bit more on Buffalo - pro's/cons? their defense?

fwiw - i like N.E. a lot..

Broncos
Pats
Titans
Saints
Bucs
Jags
Bears
BRowns
Seahawks
Lions
Colts
Rams
Packers
Cowboys
Eagles
Chargers

besides the RB's and jones at wr can anyone tell me a bit more on Buffalo - pro's/cons? their defense?

fwiw - i like N.E. a lot..

I assume you mean Stevie Johnson at WR? The Bills had Donald Jones last year, but he was signed and then cut by the Pats already this year.

The pros for the Bills would be their RBs (Spiller and Jackson), and then Stevie at WR on offense. Their O-Line should be pretty good this year, although they did lose Andy Levitre (G) to the Titans.

Mario Williams will hopefully be a bit better than he was last year, especially since the Bills threw so much money at him, as he was a pretty big disappointment. That may have had a lot to do with Wannstedt at DC, and the 4-3 scheme that he employed. His defense was probably the most basic/vanilla defense that anyone in the NFL ran last year. Mike Pettine has come over from the Jets to run the defense this year, and he will apparently run a hybrid of a 3-4 and a 4-3 defense. Here's a quote from him about their D this year...

It's a situation where I think people try to compartmentalize too much, and just broad stroke it. 4-3? 3-4? What are you? And my answer that question is yes to all of the above. We are a multiple-front, attacking, pressure-style defense. We're going to play man coverage, we're going to play zone coverage. What we’re going to do defensively is take advantage of what our players do well.
I'm not bringing any defense here; this is going to be the Buffalo Bills defense. It's going to be built around the explosive athletes that are here, starting with the front -- that's the solid foundation here -- moving to the linebackers and the secondary that's stacked behind them.

The LBs are clearly the Bills' weakness on defense, and as much as Pettine wants to believe that the secondary is stacked, I'm not so sure it's anywhere near that. Pro bowler Jairus Byrd will anchor the defense at FS, with Da'Norris Searcy playing SS. Leodis McKelvin and Stephon Gilmore will play CB in their base defense. Gilmore should be a fantastic CB, as we saw flashes in his rookie year, and it will be interesting to see how much he's improved. McKelvin, on the other hand, is not really an NFL-caliber CB but he's the best they have right now.

The Bills have an entirely new coaching staff, with Doug Marrone taking over as HC, and the OC that Marrone brings with him from Syracuse in Nate Hackett (son of Paul Hackett, longtime NFL OC, and seen as one of the innovators of the West Coast offense). As with any new coaching staff, it remains to be seen how successful they will be in the NFL, and to complicate matters on offense, the Bills right now have Kevin Kolb as the starter with EJ Manuel expected to fight for the job in training camp.

CJ Spiller finally unseated Fred Jackson as the go to guy last year at RB, as Chan Gailey seemed to not know how to use both of them effectively. CJ should carry the bulk of the load, but Jackson is a very good RB himself, so there won't be much of a drop-off when he gets his snaps. Stevie Johnson has pretty much worn out his welcome here, when last year he said in an interview that he "threw the workout plan in his desk drawer and didn't use it at all." He said that now he plans on working out more and taking it seriously, basically saying that he really didn't care about it in the past. He's a pretty damn good WR, it's just sad that he could have been even better had he been working out the way he should have, which may have kept him on the field more and not seen him suffer nagging injuries all the time.

The local talk show guys, whom Stevie had a weekly interview with called him out for what he said about not taking working out seriously, so he skipped the last show of the year and won't talk to them anymore. He has A LOT of growing up to do, and that's been evident his entire career, but this latest "saga" is basically what has everyone pretty much sick of him and fed up with his antics. Of course, him being productive on the field will go a long way in making people forget about that, but that remains to be seen.

Most realistic folks around here don't see the Bills as anything more than a 6-10 team at best, and that may be optimistic with all of the new pieces both on the field and in the coaching staff. I would expect their defense to be improved, although that shouldn't be too hard to do based on how horrible their defense was last year. Jairus Byrd was given the franchise tag by the Bills, but he is not happy about that, and didn't show up to any of the OTAs. He wants a long-term deal, but the Bills and Byrd are "far apart" as far as anyone has heard thus far.

Last edited by a moderator:
REGULAR

• 1 Sep 8 1:00PMEDT * Patriots
  • 2 Sep 15 1:00PMEDT ) Panthers
  • 3 Sep 22 4:25PMEDT * AT Jets
  • 4 Sep 29 1:00PMEDT * Ravens
  • 5 Oct 3 8:25PMEDT , AT Browns
  • 6 Oct 13 1:00PMEDT * Bengals
  • 7 Oct 20 1:00PMEDT * AT Dolphins
  • 8 Oct 27 1:00PMEDT * AT Saints
  • 9 Nov 3 1:00PMEST * Chiefs
  • 10 Nov 10 1:00PMEST * AT Steelers
  • 11 Nov 17 1:00PMEST * Jets
  • 12 BYE
  • 13 Dec 1 4:05PMEST ) Falcons
  • 14 Dec 8 1:00PMEST * AT Buccaneers
  • 15 Dec 15 1:00PMEST * AT Jaguars
  • 16 Dec 22 1:00PMEST * Dolphins
  • 17 Dec 29 1:00PMEST * AT Patriots

Looking at the schedule, it's tough to find 6 games the Bills *should* win. In the division, they will lose to the Pats twice, and let's say they split with both Miami and the Jets, that gives them 2 wins. The other 4 winnable games I see are: Carolina, Cleveland, KC, and Jax. The Cleveland game is not a guarantee, but it is a winnable game. Outside of that, I don't see where they get any other wins. It's conceivable that they beat Cincinnati at home, and they could give the Falcons a game since it's at home. That's about it though....my prediction would have them going 5-11 this year.

correct, it is steve johnson the WR... appreciate the write up!!
If all this crap with the Patriots was at the end of camp closer to week1 would be more concerned....and they already have bulleting board material from the AFC east..... Their defense should be greatly improved as usual it comes down to injuries..

correct, it is steve johnson the WR... appreciate the write up!!
If all this crap with the Patriots was at the end of camp closer to week1 would be more concerned....and they already have bulleting board material from the AFC east..... Their defense should be greatly improved as usual it comes down to injuries..

You got it! I figured you were talking about Stevie, just wanted to make sure.

I can certainly add to my thoughts about the Bills as we get into training camp and the regular season, but I really don't see the prediction of them being a 6 win team at best changing too much.

Agree about the Pats as well. With Billy at the helm, it's tough to see anything being a distraction on that team. Obviously the Hernandez case is a bit of a different animal, but if anyone can overcome distractions (even as devastating as a murdering teammate), it would certainly be the Pats.

I assume you mean Stevie Johnson at WR? The Bills had Donald Jones last year, but he was signed and then cut by the Pats already this year.

The pros for the Bills would be their RBs (Spiller and Jackson), and then Stevie at WR on offense. Their O-Line should be pretty good this year, although they did lose Andy Levitre (G) to the Titans.

Mario Williams will hopefully be a bit better than he was last year, especially since the Bills threw so much money at him, as he was a pretty big disappointment. That may have had a lot to do with Wannstedt at DC, and the 4-3 scheme that he employed. His defense was probably the most basic/vanilla defense that anyone in the NFL ran last year. Mike Pettine has come over from the Jets to run the defense this year, and he will apparently run a hybrid of a 3-4 and a 4-3 defense. Here's a quote from him about their D this year...
The LBs are clearly the Bills' weakness on defense, and as much as Pettine wants to believe that the secondary is stacked, I'm not so sure it's anywhere near that. Pro bowler Jairus Byrd will anchor the defense at FS, with Da'Norris Searcy playing SS. Leodis McKelvin and Stephon Gilmore will play CB in their base defense. Gilmore should be a fantastic CB, as we saw flashes in his rookie year, and it will be interesting to see how much he's improved. McKelvin, on the other hand, is not really an NFL-caliber CB but he's the best they have right now.

The Bills have an entirely new coaching staff, with Doug Marrone taking over as HC, and the OC that Marrone brings with him from Syracuse in Nate Hackett (son of Paul Hackett, longtime NFL OC, and seen as one of the innovators of the West Coast offense). As with any new coaching staff, it remains to be seen how successful they will be in the NFL, and to complicate matters on offense, the Bills right now have Kevin Kolb as the starter with EJ Manuel expected to fight for the job in training camp.

CJ Spiller finally unseated Fred Jackson as the go to guy last year at RB, as Chan Gailey seemed to not know how to use both of them effectively. CJ should carry the bulk of the load, but Jackson is a very good RB himself, so there won't be much of a drop-off when he gets his snaps. Stevie Johnson has pretty much worn out his welcome here, when last year he said in an interview that he "threw the workout plan in his desk drawer and didn't use it at all." He said that now he plans on working out more and taking it seriously, basically saying that he really didn't care about it in the past. He's a pretty damn good WR, it's just sad that he could have been even better had he been working out the way he should have, which may have kept him on the field more and not seen him suffer nagging injuries all the time.

The local talk show guys, whom Stevie had a weekly interview with called him out for what he said about not taking working out seriously, so he skipped the last show of the year and won't talk to them anymore. He has A LOT of growing up to do, and that's been evident his entire career, but this latest "saga" is basically what has everyone pretty much sick of him and fed up with his antics. Of course, him being productive on the field will go a long way in making people forget about that, but that remains to be seen.

Most realistic folks around here don't see the Bills as anything more than a 6-10 team at best, and that may be optimistic with all of the new pieces both on the field and in the coaching staff. I would expect their defense to be improved, although that shouldn't be too hard to do based on how horrible their defense was last year. Jairus Byrd was given the franchise tag by the Bills, but he is not happy about that, and didn't show up to any of the OTAs. He wants a long-term deal, but the Bills and Byrd are "far apart" as far as anyone has heard thus far.

why they get rid of Shep? wasnt he decent?

why they get rid of Shep? wasnt he decent?

From what I understand the Bills didn't think Sheppard was versatile enough for their new defensive scheme. They traded him to the Colts for LB Jerry Hughes, who they feel will fit in with their new defense a bit better. Here's what Buddy Nix (ousted GM who remained with the Bills as a consultant of sorts) had to say about Hughes and his fit with Buffalo....

“He was a defensive end at TCU and played with his hand on the ground," said Bills GM Buddy Nix. "He did that at first with the Colts and then when they went to the 3-4 he played a little of both, but he played behind Robert Mathis and Dwight Freeney. So his playing time was limited and we think this will give him an opportunity to do what he does best.”

I guess his versatility is something the Bills hope they can utilize, and that Sheppard just didn't bring that aspect to their defense.

From what I understand the Bills didn't think Sheppard was versatile enough for their new defensive scheme. They traded him to the Colts for LB Jerry Hughes, who they feel will fit in with their new defense a bit better. Here's what Buddy Nix (ousted GM who remained with the Bills as a consultant of sorts) had to say about Hughes and his fit with Buffalo....

“He was a defensive end at TCU and played with his hand on the ground," said Bills GM Buddy Nix. "He did that at first with the Colts and then when they went to the 3-4 he played a little of both, but he played behind Robert Mathis and Dwight Freeney. So his playing time was limited and we think this will give him an opportunity to do what he does best.”

I guess his versatility is something the Bills hope they can utilize, and that Sheppard just didn't bring that aspect to their defense.
Got ya

I thought just from what I saw that Shep played well, but new schemes etc

Too many points in Pittsburgh. Titans always play them tough. Steelers win by 3-6 pts.

Back