#6 Draft Slot

aplous

Donkey Hater
.5 PPR

Assume Top 5 are gone....Gurley, Bell, DJ, Zeke, AB

Barkley or Kamara? I know everyone loves Kamara but TD regression is a strong possibility and I don't think he's going to get all of Ingram's carries. Barkley could lead the league in rushing, he's that good imo. But already dinged up a bit, Giants O-Line meh.

Thoughts?

Or if someone gets Kamara boner and DJ drops you take him over Barkley?

.5 PPR

Assume Top 5 are gone....Gurley, Bell, DJ, Zeke, AB

Barkley or Kamara? I know everyone loves Kamara but TD regression is a strong possibility and I don't think he's going to get all of Ingram's carries. Barkley could lead the league in rushing, he's that good imo. But already dinged up a bit, Giants O-Line meh.

Thoughts?

Or if someone gets Kamara boner and DJ drops you take him over Barkley?

Man you can't be serious and I'm pretty good about not being a homer but this is one of the craziest fantasy questions I've seen

Man you can't be serious and I'm pretty good about not being a homer but this is one of the craziest fantasy questions I've seen

You referring to DJ dropping?

1-5 went as expected and I took Kamara at 6. :cheers6:

You referring to DJ dropping?

1-5 went as expected and I took Kamara at 6. :cheers6:
A. Good for you, much the smart move and

B. Barkley over DJ? Uh, I'll need to see him be more than a 3rd down back to even see him as a fantasy fringe guy. If they guy that drafts him wins, tip of the cap

Call me dumb but I had this slot today and took Antonio Brown. AB is just so damn reliable and i think there are a number of good backs that you can get in second round like McCaffrey, Drake, Mixon

Call me dumb but I had this slot today and took Antonio Brown. AB is just so damn reliable and i think there are a number of good backs that you can get in second round like McCaffrey, Drake, Mixon

I don't think anyone would call you dumb for taking AB at 6. He's gone by 5 in nearly every draft.

KJ you crazy about Barkley. He's gonna be a stud.

You should never draft the unknown instead of the known. Anyone who would take Barkley over dj or kamara is nuts.

Now he may be better this year then either but if you draft that way you will lose WAY more then you win

Last edited:
Devil's advocate....what about those that drafted Kareem Hunt last year or Zeke the year before? Both lead the league in rushing as rookies....

Devil's advocate....what about those that drafted Kareem Hunt last year or Zeke the year before? Both lead the league in rushing as rookies....
Zeke hits holes, and that was kinda predicted

I've really only seen Saquon try to beat defenders to the edge

But Hunt wasnt going 4th or 5th. He was going 3rd round if that. Zeke is one of those rare ones that hit.

You know barring injury that bell, dj, ab, and zeke will be at the top. Why would you draft a guy that IF he pans out does what other guys will do.

But Hunt wasnt going 4th or 5th. He was going 3rd round if that. Zeke is one of those rare ones that hit.

You know barring injury that bell, dj, ab, and zeke will be at the top. Why would you draft a guy that IF he pans out does what other guys will do.
Exactly. I got Hunt in like Rd 7 -9 can't remember but I do remember he got the starting job the same day we drafted because one of the other RBs got hurt

DJ was top 3 Pick last year and he played one game.

I dont think its out of control to take whichever, but i would have went kamara, its definitely the big 5 rbs, and brown, and then kamara and hopkins > beckham/julio right below them

i'm also a saquon bear. Just don't trust Eli at all and think he could ruin OBJ as well

There are a bunch of respected NFL guys who have the Giants as their “sleeper” team this season, and they have them winning the NFC East.

Their line has undergone a major overhaul, they get their #1 WR back, and just drafted the most hyped RB in the past however many years. If Barkley ends up being what they’re expecting, this team is going to put up some points. Eli is a veteran who knows how to win games in the NFL. Going to be interesting to see how it all shakes out for sure.

You should never draft the unknown instead of the known. Anyone who would take Barkley over dj or kamara is nuts.

Now he may be better this year then either but if you draft that way you will lose WAY more then you win

It’s just as easy to see it the other way as well. How many times have we seen a guy like Kamara have an off year the year after the season he just had? It happens all the time.

The Cardinals are also more than likely one of the bottom 5 teams in the league. Johnson is a stud, but playing on a horrible team isn’t going to do him many favors.

Just saying, it’s just as easy to see it the other way as it is the way you’re seeing it.

DJ will be the Cardinals 2nd leading receiver, doesn't matter how good the team is, capable QBs...I'd lean more toward bottom 12 than bottom 5 though

I'm actually higher than many on NYG, but not because of Barkley that's for sure...and yes, I will not waiver from thinking he's very Reggie Bush lite

Separating fandom from reality, especially in fantasy of all things...tbh I got lucky with Zeke a couple years ago, and would avoid Barkley like the plague, if he proves durability and power running in the league, good for him. I don't see it.

It’s just as easy to see it the other way as well. How many times have we seen a guy like Kamara have an off year the year after the season he just had? It happens all the time.

The Cardinals are also more than likely one of the bottom 5 teams in the league. Johnson is a stud, but playing on a horrible team isn’t going to do him many favors.

Just saying, it’s just as easy to see it the other way as it is the way you’re seeing it.

I agree in part. The teams success has a lot to do with an individuals fantasy success.

That being said Barkley shoyld be a great back but Bell, dj, and zeke are great backs.

I agree in part. The teams success has a lot to do with an individuals fantasy success.

That being said Barkley shoyld be a great back but Bell, dj, and zeke are great backs.

Agreed, they are great backs. Of course the team’s success has a lot to do with it, and is the main reason Zeke had the rookie season he did. The Cowboys o-line that year was tops in the league, which is something Barkley will not have. However, Barkley is probably a bit more talented than Zeke, so it’s not crazy to think he will have a similar rookie season.

Sorry you lost me with Barkley being more talented than Zeke

That is just a false statement, and I don't even know how that's an acceptable comparison

Fuck man I'm pulling for the guy too, and Zeke is oil and water to me but wtf you smoking? I don't smoke, so break it down

Barkley is a small fraction that you have to multiply by a fraction of Ezekiel Elliot fuck that's not tough to see

Sorry you lost me with Barkley being more talented than Zeke

That is just a false statement, and I don't even know how that's an acceptable comparison

Fuck man I'm pulling for the guy too, and Zeke is oil and water to me but wtf you smoking? I don't smoke, so break it down

Barkley is a small fraction that you have to multiply by a fraction of Ezekiel Elliot fuck that's not tough to see

You seem to be on an island with your dislike of Barkley. I don’t know you that well, but from the little I’ve read on this forum you love to take the contrarian viewpoint almost every time. Nothing wrong with that, just what I’ve seen.

For reference, you can check any of the NFL talent evaluators opinions, as well as any talking heads in the game...didn’t they almost unanimously say Barkley was the best RB prospect to come out in quite some time? I didn’t think it was that controversial to say Barkley was a better talent than Zeke. I thought I was pretty tempered in my comments as well, seeing as how I used the word “probably.” Not sure I had to use that word if you’ve paid attention since last October or so, but I did because I’m new here and I’m not trying to be “that guy.”

Obviously, he has a lot to live up to, and will have to perform, but it seemed a consensus that Barkley is the best anyone has seen in quite some time.

You lost me when you compared Barkley to Reggie Bush, so we’re even.

I'm good thanks

I don't dislike Barkley, I *think* I know what he is, that's all

And talent evaluators ftw, yeah, I'm good again

Tell me you aren't a Giants fan, we're not even yet...I mean seriously you sound like a family member

I'm good thanks

Tell me you aren't a Giants fan, we're not even yet...I mean seriously you sound like a family member

I’m not a Giants fan in the least bit. Why is this turning into an argument? Does this happen often on this site?

Not sure what you mean with NFL talent evaluators and you being good. Are you implying that you’re a better evaluator than the guys who get paid to do it? That would be strange.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ya...ekiel-elliott-nfl-scouts-weigh-054451604.html

That link is from before his senior season when he absolutely tore it up. And I didn’t say he was miles better than Zeke; but you certainly said the opposite, so I’m confused.

Hell, I hope you are a better evaluator than the pros, maybe you used to do it for all I know. If you’re that good, I can’t wait to tail some NFL/CFB plays, should be easy money.

I'm good thanks

What does I sound like a family member mean? I initially said he was “probably a better talent than Zeke,” and then attributed my opinion to that of the pros who do it for a living. What have I said that would indicate I’m his kin or a Giants fan? This is getting weird.

Watch soccer, you'll be a better man (or woman)

I do watch soccer, quite a bit actually. A little presumptuous no?

Again, new to the forum and just trying to have some good discussions. If this is how it always goes, I may have to just find discussions elsewhere. Sorry to have offended you in any way.

I do watch soccer, quite a bit actually. A little presumptuous no?

Again, new to the forum and just trying to have some good discussions. If this is how it always goes, I may have to just find discussions elsewhere. Sorry to have offended you in any way.
All is good, everyone's viewpoint is taken here. Thanks for posting.

i can't remember anyone in the league comparing to Zeke's open-field, breakaway speed, for that I think he is in a league of his own

Eli won games, but it was not because of him and has never been because of him. If the OL is improved, that'll be a much bigger boon for OBJ and Saquon

Comparing Barkley to Zeke is like comparing a house cat to a cheetah. I know cats.

Comparing Barkley to Zeke is like comparing a house cat to a cheetah. I know cats.

Well again, it sounds like you’re saying you know more than the dudes that get paid to do it. They have ALL compared the two of them, and many have Saquon as a better overall talent.

Zeke was dropped into an absolutely perfect situation in Dallas his rookie year. They had the best OL in the league (or 2nd depending on who you ask), and also a rookie QB who was relying on the RB more than a veteran would.

Also, not saying Saquon is miles above Zeke, that would be ridiculous. Yet you seem to be saying Zeke is miles ahead of Saquon, which is just as ridiculous.

You're a fan. Stop, it's ridiculous. There are Giants boards all over to blow your smoke...Barkley has exactly ZERO carries in the NFL, so I'll continue to think Zeke is miles ahead. Sorry to hurt your feelings...JFC

You're a fan. Stop, it's ridiculous. There are Giants boards all over to blow your smoke...Barkley has exactly ZERO carries in the NFL, so I'll continue to think Zeke is miles ahead. Sorry to hurt your feelings...JFC

What? I’m not a Giants fan, not sure why this is difficult to grasp. I’m also not even a Barkley fan, and again I’ve referenced the people who get paid to do it, not my opinions.

Yes, clearly Zeke has played in the NFL and Barkley has not. Water is wet too.

Why are my feeling hurt though? I don’t know you from Adam, I’ve been here for like a month. Finally decided to start posting to be eligible for a CFB contest and this is what I get? It’s very strange.

Bell is such a wild card, the epitome of boom or bust this year imo...I expect boom but who knows? Should be traded to a weed state

People are calling for regression from Kamara but as long as NO is becoming run-first and especially as Ingram is having problems i‘m happy to invest in Kamara, shouldn‘t be issues with volume
I woulda taken Johnson after Gurley as well

People are calling for regression from Kamara but as long as NO is becoming run-first and especially as Ingram is having problems i‘m happy to invest in Kamara, shouldn‘t be issues with volume
I woulda taken Johnson after Gurley as well

NO is becoming run-first?

i mean they do have talented RBs, but i worry about Kamara's health and why not use their awesome precision QB as much as possible in a passing league?

Makes sense why Brees has been going so low in drafts this year i guess

i mean they do have talented RBs, but i worry about Kamara's health and why not use their awesome precision QB as much as possible in a passing league?

Makes sense why Brees has been going so low in drafts this year i guess

Interestingly Thomas has been going very high among the receivers tho so I guess there‘s not total commitment among fantasy players to idea of Saints as run-first

Back