6/9 Basesss

E.T.G.

One of trus baby mommas
99-76-5 +$4,076.60

Must say the Yankee great was very fun to watch. Gorz really pitched well, he just has no bullpen behind him so when he has 104pitches, he was still the best option to start the 7th, even with a 4-2 lead. It was a pretty wierd feeling because I wanted Gorz to pitch well but I wanted the Yankees to win.

Things are going good this week, looking to build on it and since I am TERRIBLE on Sunday, this should be my last day of the week, hopefully go out with a bang.

Quick Thoughts:

A's -108: I am fully aware Zito has been pitching pretty good but last game vs the Phillies he was skating on thin ice. Although the box score says 6ip-0er, he was very close to giving up 3-4-5er as well. I can't hate on his last 3 games:

3-0, 20ip, 0.45era, 7bb, 14k

Those are great numbers and those are usually numbers that would make me jump to back a guy but not when I can get the best pitcher in baseball for -108. There is no team in baseball that knows Barry Zito better than the Oakland A's and although he gets them at home this time and looks to rebound from his last start vs them, I am not sold on him dominating them.

WhiteSux -118: Is this team going to wake up soon? Seriously there is no reason for them to drop games like they have been, especially to the Astros but the offense is no where to be found, the bullpen blows, and I am taking a huge risk if I decide to back them here.

DRays +109 / Under 8: Marlins won a wild one last night but now both pitchers throw out their Ace. Shields has been nothing but solid and went 7ip-1er last start against the Marlins. Willis has been pitching very well and has a lot of success vs. DRays in his career. Without looking at ump/weather, I lean to the under more strongly after the 24+runs they scored last night.

Orioles -136: Guthrie is good and the O's are a better team. Rodrigo goes back to face his former team and like the Zito situation before, he might be pumped up but there is no team that knows him better. I think he lets his emotions get the best of him and doesn't pitch too well.

Looking at more

i really like the white sox today.....the under looks good too..

I like them too but there are def some concerns for me.

Is Dye playing?

This is a team batting .228 in their last 10 games.

They have 7 guys hurt or njured (Cintron & Dye [questionable], Owens [doubtful], with rest of them on the DL..Crede, Erstad, Podsednik, Ozuna) so their depth is very depleted right now. I might want to see a lineup first.

The good news is that Houston sucks just as bad as they do.

Pence could be out of todays game for the Stros. Any day now Berkman will be suspended but I think he plays today.

Both bullpens are AWFUL.

Thinking Houston just looking at last 6 games for both teams 36 runs to 18. Not touching the game till I see Pence in the line up though. GL

Ok..Did some thinking. I am eliminating the DRay game from my leans. Just not having part in that game or that bullpen.

Orioles -136:

Strong lean here so I will expand on it. Guthrie is solid, no way around it and he is getting better as the yr goes on and he grows as a starting pitcher. The most he has been hit for all yr is 3er, that happened twice. He has 6 starts with 2er or less given up.

1-0, 2.45era, 22ip, 13h, 3bb, 10k in L3 Games.
1-1, 2.57era, 4g, 21ip, 20h, 6er, 3bb, 11k and batters hitting .270 off him at home, .182 overall on the yr.

Guthrie has an overall WHIP of 0.94 and has dropped it to 0.73 over his last 3 games.

As everyone knows, Orioles are streaky and right now they are on 2 straight wins, ride the wave. They are a better team at home as well where they are 16-11 vs. 13-21 on the road. Had a lean to Trachsel last night as a home dog and they won vs. Francis.

Lopez will return the Baltimore and this is a very similar situation to Sosa going to ATL, Zito going to Oak, and they have something in common, they were TAGGED. No team knows Lopez better than the Orioles, his strengths, weaknesses and the scouting report should be spot on here.

"Rockies SP Rodrigo Lopez, who pitched for the Orioles from 2002-06, starts against his former team Saturday. "I thought it was going to be different, knowing that I was going to pitch in Baltimore," Lopez said. "But so far, I don't have that excitement to go out there and prove or do something." - sportsline.com

He is 1 start fresh from the D/L and although he has pitched alright, it has been against the likes of Cinci, St Louie, Arizona. This is a huge test for him and I don't think he passes.

Orioles -1...$549 to Win 562.50
Orioles ML $324 to Win $225
Orioles -1.5 $225 to Win $337.50

1 more play to come

GL today Green - Guthrie looks like a solid play here. Do like Oakland as well.

Oakland got hammered up real quick from 108 to 118. I thought I could nail it while it was under 110 but missed that chance.

Don't know if I feel like risking it today on Chitown

Oakland got hammered up real quick from 108 to 118. I thought I could nail it while it was under 110 but missed that chance.

Don't know if I feel like risking it today on Chitown

I don't think you can trust that team right now, most of the season they've been pretty unpredictable.

Oakland -118:

Personally feel this line is still low and I would have loved to hammer it at -108 but didn't jump fast enough. Haren is the best pitcher in baseball, simple enough.
  • 10 straight games giving up 2er or LESS
  • 12 of 13 starts this yr giving up 2er or LESS
  • 1 game of 3er
  • Average 6.8innings per start and 1.3er per start
  • Batters hitting just .190 off him away and .178 overall
  • 2-2 w/ 1.58era away in 6g, 40ip, 27h, 7bb, 28k
  • A's are 9-4 when Haren pitches, they should be 13-0 with the numbers he has put up.
Now look at those numbers once again and look at the price. More than reasonable here.

I am not sold on Zito yet, I mentioned before he was on thin ice last start and that is being kind to him. He has strung together 3 straight starts that on paper are pretty impressive.

3-0, 20ip, 0.45era, 16h, 7bb, 14k

For Zito to win this game today, he has to go 7ip of 2er baseball...I am not sure I see it happening. The A's know him and his curveball too well. Basically you know exactly what you are getting with Haren, with Zito it is not so much the same.

Giants lineup will be weaker without Alfonzo and Bonds, Lewis is questionable and Molina is probable.

FINAL CARD

Orioles -1...$549 to Win $562.50
Orioles ML $324 to Win $225
Orioles -1.5 $225 to Win $337.50

Oakland A's $550 to Win $466.10

Back