• Thread starter Thread starter Alistair
  • Start date Start date
1-1 after two games.

I was at the Carlton v Richmond game on Friday night and it was hilarious to see the Blues back in their losing ways. Although I had picked them to win, they demonstrated that the off-season meant nothing, the best player in the league means nothing... they just have a losing culture and don't seem to care!

Anyway, on to today!

Collingwood v Fremantle - an interesting match-up at the MCG. The Pies surpassed all expectations last year and found themselves about five minutes from a Grand Final berth while Fremantle had another disappointing season. I have tipped Collingwood at home today for a number of reasons. 1) 50,000+ stark raving mad Collingwood supporters in attendance and 2) Fremantle are one of the most inconsistent road teams in the AFL. They are generally pretty good in Perth but terrible away from home. The spread is only -5.5 for Collingwood which makes me a little cautious about this one. I will probably call this one a no bet game, or be on Collingwood for small stakes.

St. Kilda v Sydney - one of the clearest cut games in the first round. The Saints are due for a big year while I think Sydney are in somewhat of a rebuilding phase following their deep finals runs back in 2005/06. I don't have a record on hand, but memory tells me the Swans don't play the Telstra Dome particuarly well while the Saints love it. The spread is a hefty 18.5 points, so I'll take St. Kilda in a ML combo.

West Coast v Brisbane - last year you would have taken the Eagles (and lost!) Brisbane defeated West Coast in Perth last season and that was when the Eagles had the services of Chris Judd and Ben Cousins. The Lions are a decent side (improved on last year) and the Eagles are an unknown quantity yet. Too early to stake money on them IMO, so I will skip this one and watch with intent to see how the Eagles cope without their two midfield generals.

good luck on the plays ............you ever get on Instant message anymore, used to talk aussie rules on there with you never see you on anymore

Nah, never on AIM these days, but I am occasoinally on MSN.

Just been watching the Collingwood v Freo game. Pies got out ahead early, but Fremantle kicked themselves back in to the game. It's a two-point game at quarter time to the home side.

yeah got collingwood -5.5...............if you have yahoo man im on there......user name is the same as my user name on here.........hit me up sometime love to talk aussie rules with you again :tiphat::tiphat:

Western v Adelaide - no bet. I have tipped Adelaide on form, but it's Brad Johnson's 300th game which may tip momentum in the home side's favour. It should be tight, but I'll merely be an interested onlooker in this one.

Melbourne v Hawthorn - haven't got time for a huge write-up, but I am on the Hawks today. Despite missing three key players through suspension, they have too much class in other areas of the field; especially their forward line where I expect Franklin, Williams, Roughhead and Boyle to dominate. Melbourne's defence simpy won't be able to contain them and I expect the Hawks to prevail by 3+ goals against what will be one of the weaker teams in the competition this season.

gonna tail you on hawthorn and play western small ..........:tiphat::tiphat:

nice 2-0 day in aussie yesterday for me ..........nice first week overall for you buddy keep up the good work and keep posting your plays :tiphat::tiphat:

Back