5/12 Bases

E.T.G.

One of trus baby mommas
62-35-3 +$8,768.17

Had my first losing day of the wk yesterday, A's exloded in the 7th..Expected a lot more from Indian offense however. Slept all day and missed a few games my money would of been on for the good and for the bad so no complaints..

Leans:

Giants -113 - This is a rematch of a pitching matchup that just happened earlier this May in Frisco, the Giants won 5-3 with the help of 4RBI from Barry. This is a gametime play based on the line and Bonds, I will not bet this game with Bonds not in the lineup. This would be the 3rd time that the Rockies have now seen Zito and that I don't like but its a wash because this is Francis's 3rd time as well. Francis is 0-2 while Zito is 1-0. Last time pitching at home vs. the Giants, Francis was lit up to the tune of 7er in 5ip and 9hits. To Francis's credit that was his worst outting of the yr but he has been giving up 1.3hits an inning.

Piraes/Braves O 9+100
Chuck James is a lock to go about 5innings in this game and give up atleast 2-3runs, having only pitched 6innings in 1 start all yr, his first. That still leaves about 4 innings of bullpen pitching from the Braves. Armas is a lock for about 5 innings and 3 runs as well. We are really looking at about 8 innings combined of bullpen pitching and about 2-3 runs needed to push this game over. The Pirates have never seen Chuckie but on the road James has had his worst outtings:

4/16 - @Wash - L - 5ip, 5h, 3er, 2bb, 3k
4/21 - @NYM - L - 5.1ip, 10h, 6er, 2bb, 3k
4/27 - @COL - W - 5.1ip, 6h, 4er, 1bb, 4k

Armas has a long history vs. the Braves throwing over 130innings and has done decently well vs. the Braves big guys:

Francoeur = .222 in 9ab
Andruw = .203 in 59ab
Chipper = .245 in 49ab
Edgar = .091 in 11ab

There is a medium wind around 14mph that is blowing across the stadium so its not blowing in or out. The ump, Doug Eddings is 3-5 on O/U this yr, so thats not in my favor and he is calling 65% of pitches for strikes. I am not going to fret over that and have to follow my gut on this play if I am to make it. 7 of the last 8 games that these two team have played have gone under, but Armas was involved in 0 of those games as well as Chuckie. Dating all the way back to the 2004 season, 16/20 games between these 2 have gone under the total.

The line on the Pirates O/U might come down to 8.5 as it is at +105 on the Over right now.

I expect the Zito line to remain where it is until the lineups come out

Renew - Thanks, GL to you as well..

Manonfire - I just played the Giants after a little more thinking and I don't have the lineup yet but if Bonds isn't in it, well that just sucks. If Bonds were not in the lineup it would just be a no play for me because the Rockies still have to hit Zito, Bonds or no Bonds.

Giants $550 to Win $478.26

I could regret this decision come game time with no Bonds but I am not getting a number at the end of its rise either. I will be playing close attention to when the lineup come out and if Bonds isn't in I will see if I want to hedge out of this bet.

Over 9 Pirates/Braves $476.19 to Win $500

In addition to all of the info above, Braves last 5 games have gone under, 3 of Pirates last 4 have gone under. This series is traditionally Under. The ump is an under ump. Everything on paper says Under but sometimes you have to follow your gut and it says OVER!

I have a feeling that Armas will do OK tonight, but i think the Pirates will hit James hard.

GL

what is wrong with Zito today.

Overpaid, overrated. Don't even know why I backed him! Terrible

To get back to your question, I don't really have a feeling on the Cards game. They too are a terrible team..

The over in the Pirates game won't even come close because they are making Chuck James look like Cy Young

Nice pick green on the over :)

Thanks Ale but it was not a fun one to watch. I didn't cap this game for 1 team to score 9 and Chuck James to be perfect after 5 and take a no hit into the 7th. Thorman cashes my over with about 5rbi and 2hr.

Now its the Giants turn to pick things up. Zito gives up 2 bombs to start the 1st, looks like he has settled down a little bit now but the offense has to pick up a lot of slack

Zito is officially fade material from now on....Nice read on that over...Those Home team bats came out swinging and contrary to what you thought Chucky hung in there, he can do that against the pirates, but not the mets or phillies.

Zito is officially fade material from now on....Nice read on that over...Those Home team bats came out swinging and contrary to what you thought Chucky hung in there, he can do that against the pirates, but not the mets or phillies.

My hat is off to Chuckie boy but neither me nor you saw 7innings (his longest outting of the season) and 1 hit of baseball from him. I was thinking more along the lines of 5-6ip and 2-3runs. Free swinging pirates, ump with big zone, were just the recipe he needed.

Zito - ahhhh overrrrrrpaiiiiiiiddddddddddd can we say that enough?!?!

I will settle w/ another split today, I woke up too late today and missed a few games. You snooze you lose

Trout- Thanks for asking...Graduation was good, sad, and fun all in 1 day. Took my parents out for some drinks after dinner, got my mom an everclear slushie.hah.. Can't believe its over already but at the same time this is something I have been asking for so its bitter sweet. Will be interesting to see what happens from here on since I got no idea what I am going to do.

I really enjoyed grad school gives you more time to do the college thing and you come out better prepared for the working world...

Overpaid, overrated. Don't even know why I backed him! Terrible

To get back to your question, I don't really have a feeling on the Cards game. They too are a terrible team..

The over in the Pirates game won't even come close because they are making Chuck James look like Cy Young

Went with the Cards and they are up huge 5-0. I had to makeup for that shitty SF loss.

Back