4th Quarter NBA All-star game

Best All Star Game/Competition

• NFL Probowl

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MLB All Star game

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • NHL All Star game

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • NBA All Star game (4th quarter particularly)

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • MLS game

• Fuck em all

• The Jai Alai Grand tournament of princes

• Total voters

skanless13

Fly, Eagles, Fly!
I’d say has to be the best all star event in sports. I remember thinking that last year, and this year confirmed it for me. They actually take it seriously and play hard. Not sure anything other all star event can compete. I know Pro bowl is a joke. Baseball all star isn’t horrible. I guess some might say NHL?

1980s and 1990s NBA all star games were generally great.

It was a bragging rights competition, for sure.

We've had some classics this century but not a lot.

This format definitely has helped the game overall. It's trash for 3 quarters then gets fun.

It's something.

Pro bowl is a waste.

MLB game is fine, I enjoy it.

NHL I haven't watched in awhile, so no comment.

NFL should just do a crazy skills competition for lots of money.

I’d say has to be the best all star event in sports. I remember thinking that last year, and this year confirmed it for me. They actually take it seriously and play hard. Not sure anything other all star event can compete. I know Pro bowl is a joke. Baseball all star isn’t horrible. I guess some might say NHL?
The skills competition for NHL is usually pretty fun and the boys crack jokes and show off their personalities. The games are 3 on 3 so obviously much different than a normal game but there’s a financial incentive to win and I think that shows on the ice. They’re not trying to kill each other but they are definitely playing to win.

1980s and 1990s NBA all star games were generally great.

It was a bragging rights competition, for sure.

We've had some classics this century but not a lot.

This format definitely has helped the game overall. It's trash for 3 quarters then gets fun.

It's something.

Pro bowl is a waste.

MLB game is fine, I enjoy it.

NHL I haven't watched in awhile, so no comment.

NFL should just do a crazy skills competition for lots of money.
I’ve actually hit 1q,2q,1H,1h TT for both teams overs for last nights game. All small wagers actually….. Was actually lucky to hit them all if not for Steph…..

Good thing I laid off full game over at 325…..was at 320 and I didn’t play it, then went up like 4-5 points during the weekend, remember that they play to a certain number of points.

Gonna try this next year again if they use same format. Cause no defense and lots of 3 point shooting in first 3 quarters as they playing for charity organizations.

MLB All-Star game is still the purest version of the actual sport. Unfortunately the skill of hitting has become a lost art and we are in a down period in terms of number of really great players.

As @B.A.R. said if we talking the 80’s -90s nba all star game I think they were def the best. The new format has def helped some but good god it hard to watch these fuckers play way less defense than even reg season games that don’t have all that much d for 3 qrtrs!! I honestly didn’t watch any the all star weekend this year, it just isn’t a big deal to me. Caught some highlights on YouTube, no sense wasting all that time watching any the complete events if ya have anything better to do!

For me home run derby and the mlb all star game will always be the best, prob just because there not much injury risk going all out in a baseball game. Even this has lost some of the appeal now that we have inter league play. Still just comes down to quality of game, players actually trying same as normal which we don’t really get in any the others. No hitters wanna get shown up facing best pitchers so they will always have that going for them. Of course I’m one of the 25 ppl left who still enjoy baseball even if analytics have made it a tougher watch.

No clue why they even bother with the pro bowl, it a total waste of time, can’t even recall last time I watched one?

Last edited:
The skills competition for NHL is usually pretty fun and the boys crack jokes and show off their personalities. The games are 3 on 3 so obviously much different than a normal game but there’s a financial incentive to win and I think that shows on the ice. They’re not trying to kill each other but they are definitely playing to win.

They play the whole game 3 on 3? Guess it been a long time since I watched one! Lol. I caught a Olympic ot that was 3 on 3, wasn’t bad. I could see that being decent. When is nhl asg? Still coming up isn’t it?

As @B.A.R. said if we talking the 80’s -90s nba all star game I think they were def the best. The new format has def helped some but good god it hard to watch these fuckers play way less defense than even reg season games that don’t have all that much d for 3 qrtrs!! I honestly didn’t watch any the all star weekend this year, it just isn’t a big deal to me. Caught some highlights on YouTube, no sense wasting all that time watching any the complete events if ya have anything better to do!

For me home run derby and the mlb all star game will always be the best, prob just because there not much injury risk going all out in a baseball game. Even this has lost some of the appeal now that we have inter league play. Still just comes down to quality of game, players actually trying same as normal which we don’t really get in any the others. No hitters wanna get shown up facing best pitchers so they will always have that going for them.

No clue why they even bother with the pro bowl, it a total waste of time, can’t even recall last time I watched one?
MLB derby is actually great because there is literally nothing else to bet on that night

I think those 2-3 days around the mlb asb are the deadest time of year for gambling.
They are. That Wednesday is an actual dead day and since World Cup isn't til December this year, there might be nothing. Tennis I guess?

They play the whole game 3 on 3? Guess it been a long time since I watched one! Lol. I caught a Olympic ot that was 3 on 3, wasn’t bad. I could see that being decent. When is nhl asg? Still coming up isn’t it?
They’ve switched up the format….
CDFD270E-E23A-4281-9004-923A6E36BD2F.jpeg

Back