4-man World Cup

GWarner27

Meatballin' in Celtics Stadium
similar to the March Madness and NFL contests, think we can do it the same way where advancing is +1 and so is each knockout stage win.

Winner take all, tiebreakers: teams to advance, furthest advancing team

Open to whatever amounts, but probably want to avoid too much exposure cuz i can't name players on half the teams (or more)

1) GW
2) VK
3) Barves
4) Teed

If someone can do a random generator to get the order, once we decide on points we can start the draft

Last edited:
My strategy...

drawinghat-300x246.jpg

Just a thought
I think it should mirror real life so for group stages

1 pt for each draw
3 pt for each win
5 pts for each team to advance

Then figure out how we wanna assign points in the knockout stages

I’m fine with whatever but my only thing is I think knock out games should be weighted a little higher , but it’s $50 so I’m not going cry over it

that way first pick aka best team in the weakest group doesn't skew everything by going 3-0 in the group

I will play with whatever system just want to make sure we are clear on it first. You guys can decide.

2 win group, 1 advance, 3 for each knockout round?

I like this best

Like braves said gives weight more for advancing

Maybe add something for each game in group tho?

Like 2 pt win, 1 pt draw?
Gives more incentive on lower seeded teams who might be able to steal a win?

But for 50 im good any format

alright we got 4.

Agreed that the bad teams will be worth nothing besides a surprise advance, so maybe we go group points then in knockouts each advance is +3 (same as a win in group play)

If someone can do a random generator to get the order, once we decide on points we can start the draft

List Randomizer

There were 4 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

1. braves
  2. vk
  3. teeed
  4. gwarner

IP: 68.96.51.140
Timestamp: 2018-06-02 16:02:12 UTC

We have the draft order but I am confused about what the point structure is. Please get that set. I agree to whatever you guys agree to.

What about something like this . This doesnt unfairly give a ridiculous amount of points to champion

Group Stage
Each draw 1 pt
Each win 3 pts
Runner up 3 pts
Group Winner 4 pts

Knockout
Each QF team 4 pts
Semi Team 5 pts
Finalist -6 pts
Winner- 7 pts

Are we limiting draft or is it free for all, i.e 1 team per group, like how you guys do ncaab with 1 pick per seed

Or just draft

Are we limiting draft or is it free for all, i.e 1 team per group, like how you guys do ncaab with 1 pick per seed

Or just draft

One per group like we do all the 4-man contests, that’s why we do em with a strict amount of contestants

I don’t know what i think about that scoring, but if you three like it then I’m cool with it. Champ if they win their group with 3 wins gets 35, the way i suggested max for a champ is 21 so that doesn’t explain the too many points for a champ thing

I am good with anything but lets settle on it and select so i dont have to think about soccer again until you guys pay me

One per group like we do all the 4-man contests, that’s why we do em with a strict amount of contestants

I don’t know what i think about that scoring, but if you three like it then I’m cool with it. Champ if they win their group with 3 wins gets 35, the way i suggested max for a champ is 21 so that doesn’t explain the too many points for a champ thing

yeah but are you taking into account the points you get with these shit teams if they get a win or a draw?

Back