4/8 Bases

Yanks27Sox9

CTG Partner
Totals: 5-1, +2.035
MLs: 2-0, +1.040
RLs: 3-1, +1.575
----------------------
'09 YTD: 10-2, +4.65 units

3 days in...and it's been a very nice start to the new season. In hindsight, i wish i wasn't only playing $50 per game...and beginning things so conservatively. But hey, tuesday was perfect...and i still haven't paid a cent of juice...so definitely no complaints here. Just enjoying it all...and getting that feel for bases again.

Anyhow, ended up getting the time tonight to go over the card after all. Had a ton of strong leans, but i cut it down to (a more reasonable) 4 plays. Missing the cut...wanted to back the Fish RL for the 3rd straight day, liked the cubs/stros under, liked the bucs/cards over, and wanted to take the Twinkie RL...yet i talked myself off those 4 leans. But anyways, these are the 4 that survived...and became plays for Wednesday.

CIN ML (+100) over NYM for a 1/2 unit

Pelfrey vs Volquez

CLE ML (-107) over TX for a 1/2 unit
Carmona vs Padilla

KC/CWS under 8.5 (+103) for a 1/2 unit
Greinke vs Floyd

OAK/LAA over 9 (+100) for a 1/2 unit
Eveland vs Adenhart

And some (very) quick thoughts on these games, fwiw.
Reds are a much improved team this season, and like their bats/lineup against Pelfrey. Also love Volquez...at least for the first half of the year.
We'll see if the Tribe sticks can hit a lick tomorrow. Believe they're much better than they showed against Millwood the other day.
The KC/CWS series is normally full of unders. And the glimpses Greinke's given us, especially last year, make me think this one stays real low.
Lastly, going against the grain in Anaheim. The Oak/LAA series is notorious for unders, as well as 1 run games. With Lackey, Santana, and Escobar on the DL...the Halos have 3 SPs that don't belong...at least yet, in Adenhart's case. Adenhart has stuff...but he also has a knack for breezing thru an inning, then getting into a world of trouble the next. Halos will battle...but just see this as a 1 run game in the end...though one that gets deep into the pens relatively early, especially if the rain comes as forecasted. Anyhow, not a fan of Eveland at all...and tho the Halos don't kill LHPs...they typically beat them, just the same. Anyhow...like how Cahill was in a bit over his head tonight, in terms of pitch count and trouble spots...Adenhart has shown (in his brief stint last year) that he's prone to kinda the same thing. Also noticed that when things begin to go south, he really loses control...and situations spiral on him easily. Comes with inexperience. But that's why i'm against the grain w/ this hova.

Well, short & sweet. Let's hope it keeps going...and GL manana.

:tiphat:

Ever since you got that Fondy signature you have been on a tear including the MDF ;)

Oakland gonna pound out another 16 hits?

Like your under...

Like Cincy as well...

No clue on Cle....

GL

Ever since you got that Fondy signature you have been on a tear including the MDF ;)

:36_11_6:

my animal house sig has nothing to do with fondy, lol. it was on my mind only cuz i gave a business associate the nickname Flounder a couple weeks ago, and it's stuck. anyhow, i'm sure it applies to half the country... ;)

Great start to the season big yanks, picking up where you left off in CBB--admin killed the brackets!!!:hookem:
been considering cincy as well, gonna sleep on it, and also may be holding a carmona ticket when the day is done tomorrow. Interested to see if fauesto returns to his early-season control issues and has the same problems walking guys, or he actually starts off strong this year. Gonna wait on some LM and reconsider tomorrow.

Excellent work yesterday and good luck going forward:cheers:

hey yanks - hope you been well bud - great start to the season

liking the tribe too - gl

Back