SportsNut

Breaking it down briefly
Rough nite to play the Underdogs. No one to fault but myself as I seemed to play all dogs which happened to be very public dogs.

+8.33units
-0.57units
-24.30units

1 PM starts:
Marlins -1.5 RL +110 {3units} (played last nite)
Over 8.5 -110 Florida {3units} ( played this as soon as it hit 8.5)
Blue Jays ARL -1.5 +160 {2units} (played now)
Over 8.5 -105 Tigers {4units} (played late last nite)

In the Florida game well I screwed up and talked myself out of fading the Nationals in the month of April. Chico another kid (signed from a back alley tryout) making his ML debut never pitching above A ball. Nats defense seems to be shaky and they havent had a SP go past 5 innings. Florida can hit LHP and hit well in day games last season. Sanchez was solid vs Wash last season but doesnthave much day games data to make sense of( had a high ERA last season). Think we see Chico unnerved and some more FLA scoring. Of course I am flipping to the over after playing 2 unders so that may be a bad decision...

In DET Robertson has been poor in day starts throughout his career going 9-19 with a 5.76 ERA. HE faces a Tough Tor lineup that excels vs LHP. Burnett was roughed up a bit in the meeting last year his only start vs them. I think Tor could put up 6 runs here by themselves..

Wish the weather was better today but lets see what happens...Good Luck:cheers:

...so you also like the Over in the BlueJays game? Don't understand the "Tor could put up 6 runs by themselves..." comment.

Love Florida! GL

no Dodgers or Phillies????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

GL Nut...I like the RL in the fish game.. Considered it but still feeling my way around w/ those things.. I am too much of a pussy in other words

...so you also like the Over in the BlueJays game? Don't understand the "Tor could put up 6 runs by themselves..." comment.

Love Florida! GL

Looks like he has the over in that game as his largest play with the early games.

I meant to say 8 runs by themselves does that clarify? Sometimes I am mentally impaired....:shake:

Hmm....Probably on the Bravos and not laying it with LAD...

Thanks ETG, Not much to it really..but caution is a good thing ...BOL
:cheers:

Thanks...I actually didn't see the "Tigers OVER" play at the bottom. Well, I'm tailing that play. GL SN! Always like the picks.:cheers:

2 PM's

Indians -105 {4units} -1.5 RL +145 {1.5units}
Over 10.5 +100 {4units} (wait here night see 10 )

Where do I start. Garland struggling all spring and having problems with Cle last year (watch: Hafner , Martinez and Sizemore today). Westbrook pitching well vs Sox last season who I think are due for a fall back this season. However Westbrook in the day and away sport 5 something ERA's...Indians are the team on the rise but didnt hit that well in day games where White Sox hit real well in day games...looking for 7-5 here...:cheers:

Last edited:
Thanks...I actually didn't see the "Tigers OVER" play at the bottom. Well, I'm tailing that play. GL SN! Always like the picks.:cheers:

No prob...Just keep a careful eye on the weather today. Its a down pour here in NY thats why I didnt bother looking at the Yankee game they had zero chance of ever playing. The more Central/ midwest games seem to be freezing temps(sucks for carry of the ball) but no rain.....BOL

disagree with you on the ChiSox game, and check my UMP thread for interesting reasoning behind a Garland play....

But with you on Fish/O correlated parlay and I also like Toronto... GL with those...

Good stuff, sport, little wary of Cleveland today in the shitty weather with the day off to cool their heels. Westbrook was about as bad vs. CWS in '05 as he was good against 'em last year, he and Garland are pretty similar guys. Also have to see how this new Cleveland pen performs under duress. Westbrook did have a nice spring though. Good luck on your plays today.

Cold in DET but otherwise okay...win is west @ 22 MPH up to 37 MPH...what that means I dont know...they just said it should make it interesting for the OF's though...

I think Westbrook( high Day , April and Road ERA's) will be the best of two evils. I expect some offense today and should probably play the Over for an equal amount. Garland didnt seem right this spring.....

Garland ends the spring with a 7.66 ERA. He's given up 45 hits, walked five and struck out nine in 24 2/3 innings. The big three 26 of 69 against him..

Jake Westbrook (R) Previous Starts vs. Chi. White Sox

<TABLE class=data cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2><TBODY><TR class=datahead><TD width="13%">Date</TD><TD width="12%">Opposition</TD><TD width="8%">Scr</TD><TD width="12%">Line</TD><TD width="5%">W/L</TD><TD width="5%">IP</TD><TD width="5%">H</TD><TD width="5%">R</TD><TD width="5%">ER</TD><TD width="4%">SO</TD><TD width="4%">BB</TD><TD width="4%">HR</TD><TD width="6%">PIT</TD><TD width="6%">P/IP</TD><TD width="6%">G/F</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2>6/11/06</TD><TD class=datacell>@ CHW</TD><TD class=datacell>10-8</TD><TD class=datacell>123/10</TD><TD class=datacell>W/O</TD><TD class=datacell>8.0</TD><TD class=datacell>6</TD><TD class=datacell>2</TD><TD class=datacell>2 </TD><TD class=datacell>4</TD><TD class=datacell>1</TD><TD class=datacell>1</TD><TD class=datacell>108 </TD><TD class=datacell>13.5 </TD><TD class=datacell>4.00</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2>5/31/06</TD><TD class=datacell>CHW</TD><TD class=datacell>5-0</TD><TD class=datacell>-109/10</TD><TD class=datacell>W/U</TD><TD class=datacell>7.0</TD><TD class=datacell>6</TD><TD class=datacell>0</TD><TD class=datacell>0 </TD><TD class=datacell>2</TD><TD class=datacell>0</TD><TD class=datacell>0</TD><TD class=datacell>107 </TD><TD class=datacell>15.3 </TD><TD class=datacell>2.80</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2>4/4/06</TD><TD class=datacell>@ CHW</TD><TD class=datacell>8-2</TD><TD class=datacell>136/9</TD><TD class=datacell>W/O</TD><TD class=datacell>6.1</TD><TD class=datacell>6</TD><TD class=datacell>2</TD><TD class=datacell>2 </TD><TD class=datacell>4</TD><TD class=datacell>1</TD><TD class=datacell>1</TD><TD class=datacell>103 </TD><TD class=datacell>16.3 </TD><TD class=datacell>2.00</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2>10/1/05</TD><TD class=datacell>CHW</TD><TD class=datacell>3-4</TD><TD class=datacell>-175/9</TD><TD class=datacell>L/U</TD><TD class=datacell>7.0</TD><TD class=datacell>9</TD><TD class=datacell>4</TD><TD class=datacell>4 </TD><TD class=datacell>2</TD><TD class=datacell>1</TD><TD class=datacell>1</TD><TD class=datacell>94 </TD><TD class=datacell>13.4 </TD><TD class=datacell>1.11</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2>9/20/05</TD><TD class=datacell>@ CHW</TD><TD class=datacell>6-7</TD><TD class=datacell>120/8.5</TD><TD class=datacell>L/O</TD><TD class=datacell>6.1</TD><TD class=datacell>7</TD><TD class=datacell>4</TD><TD class=datacell>4 </TD><TD class=datacell>4</TD><TD class=datacell>3</TD><TD class=datacell>1</TD><TD class=datacell>104 </TD><TD class=datacell>16.4 </TD><TD class=datacell>1.14</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2>7/16/05</TD><TD class=datacell>CHW</TD><TD class=datacell>5-7</TD><TD class=datacell>105/8</TD><TD class=datacell>L/O</TD><TD class=datacell>5.0</TD><TD class=datacell>7</TD><TD class=datacell>6</TD><TD class=datacell>4 </TD><TD class=datacell>3</TD><TD class=datacell>1</TD><TD class=datacell>0</TD><TD class=datacell>94 </TD><TD class=datacell>18.8 </TD><TD class=datacell>2.00</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2>6/3/05</TD><TD class=datacell>@ CHW</TD><TD class=datacell>4-6</TD><TD class=datacell>109/8.5</TD><TD class=datacell>L/O</TD><TD class=datacell>7.0</TD><TD class=datacell>11</TD><TD class=datacell>6</TD><TD class=datacell>6 </TD><TD class=datacell>1</TD><TD class=datacell>0</TD><TD class=datacell>0</TD><TD class=datacell>100 </TD><TD class=datacell>14.3 </TD><TD class=datacell>2.80</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2>4/4/05</TD><TD class=datacell>@ CHW</TD><TD class=datacell>0-1</TD><TD class=datacell>114/9</TD><TD class=datacell>L/U</TD><TD class=datacell>8.0</TD><TD class=datacell>4</TD><TD class=datacell>1</TD><TD class=datacell>1 </TD><TD class=datacell>3</TD><TD class=datacell>1</TD><TD class=datacell>0</TD><TD class=datacell>101 </TD><TD class=datacell>12.6 </TD><TD class=datacell>4.25</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2>8/9/04</TD><TD class=datacell>@ CHW</TD><TD class=datacell>13-11</TD><TD class=datacell>-125/10</TD><TD class=datacell>W/O</TD><TD class=datacell>5.1</TD><TD class=datacell>7</TD><TD class=datacell>6</TD><TD class=datacell>6 </TD><TD class=datacell>3</TD><TD class=datacell>1</TD><TD class=datacell>0</TD><TD class=datacell>72 </TD><TD class=datacell>13.5 </TD><TD class=datacell>1.00</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datahl2>6/24/04</TD><TD class=datacell>@ CHW</TD><TD class=datacell>1-7</TD><TD class=datacell>-110/10.5</TD><TD class=datacell>L/U</TD><TD class=datacell>6.0</TD><TD class=datacell>4</TD><TD class=datacell>3</TD><TD class=datacell>0 </TD><TD class=datacell>6</TD><TD class=datacell>2</TD><TD class=datacell>1</TD><TD class=datacell>106 </TD><TD class=datacell>17.7 </TD><TD class=datacell>3.00</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

He has pitched @ Chi 7 times past few years and really two bad outings and the 6-4 loss he allowed 4 1st inning runs then settled down...Not a big fan of either pen. Truth is though we cant overlook Westbrooks April starts past few years but with FA impending hopefully he is ready from the bell and he looked it in ST......

Thanks CKR, I will look at it...However I really dont weigh UMPS that much so early. Umps tend to have identities based on the SP they call....BOL:cheers:

No prob...Just keep a careful eye on the weather today. Its a down pour here in NY thats why I didnt bother looking at the Yankee game they had zero chance of ever playing. The more Central/ midwest games seem to be freezing temps(sucks for carry of the ball) but no rain.....BOL

Tis why I played the CWS Under.

BOL, Sportsnut, today you rebound!

Thanks bro ! I am not concerned actually. I played every dog and 1 hit....its gonna happen...should have paid more attention though to the fact there was to much love for some of these dogs....thought I was contrarian and wasnt the case....:cheers:

Tis why I played the CWS Under.

Its really nowhere near as bad as here in NY. Watching Det now its cold which should hurt command due to gripping the ball and velocity...hell the 30MPH winds(in DET) cold negate the cold air....BOL though:cheers:

3:05

Rockies -110 {2.5 units}
Over 10.5 -115 {4units}

Think Colorado will have some momentum after yesterdays late extra inning dramatic comeback. Davis hasnt looked good this spring and he is the type who should be struggling walking into Coors for the 1st time. Lopez well he isnt much better but I give the Rockies the edge with day splits.

Davis tends to pitch better in day starts but his road ERA(career .283 BAA away) has been rough past few season and slow starts(near 6 ERA career April) have hampered him as well....:cheers:

Waiting for starting lineups.....

any thoughts on the angels?

3:35
LAA-147 {2units}

Personally I cant turn down Ervin Santana at home. Yes, he was roughed up two of his last 3 spring starts but LAA won 13 of his 17 home starts last season. McCarthy didnt do anything to show he was ready for the season to start or really deserving of a spot. Some have said Santana doesnt pitch well vs Texas thats something I disagree with. His 2 home starts have been solid including the 8 inn performance last season. Its always the road were you look to fade him as his ERA is basically double that of home. Yes , I said DOUBLE!! I think there is bad blood bewteen them ( I know there is bad blood) and that makes this game equally important for both sides. Shields has pitched both games and may be unavailable but Santana typically gives you 6 even 7 at home. LAA hits very well during the day and gets a nice edge statisticlly there vs TExas...:cheers:

Line on that Colorado total kept hopping from 10.5 to 11 and then back to 10.5. I couldn't get my play in. Argh...

Back