4/30 (the real)

Ale10

Pretty much a regular
MLB 2007 stats: 10W - 4L - 0P +9,486 units

I have a lot of leans today:

Pirates/Cubs: i think Cubbies here. Pittsburgh didn't play well at the weekend while Chicago was on its was to sweept the Cards at Busch before the tragedy. Cubs' releivers are well rested because the offday, and they are the better bullpen overall with Torres struggling as PITT closer. There are a lot of good RH batters in the Cubs in form of Soriano, Lee, Aramis, Theriot, DeRosa, Barrett, Murton... In the home squad there are a lot of good RH batters too, in Wilson, Sanchez, Bay but Rich Hill can dominate everybody.

Mets/Marlins: i watched the Mets 2 times in the last 3 days. They struggled offensively big time but Beltran delivered both Saturday and Sunday. I cann't back Chan Ho Park but cann't go against the Mets with an LHP on the mound for Florida. (Mets .348 against LHPs, no. 1. in the league) I think i will jump on the over bandwagon with the wind blowing out.

Brewers/Cards: huge emotional game for the Cards as we all know. Suppan is pitching well for Milwaukee so i cann't back the Cards. But both offenses have a hard time hitting, and both bullpens are good, so under looks good to me.

Braves/Phillies: the top two teams hitting in the last 7 days. Hudson is unbelievable this year. Simply amazing. On the other side, there is Lieber. Man, he threw very well in his two starts. I never liked him, but he seemed solid. Under looks good, but i said before these two are red hot. So i'll skip the game imo.

Blue Jays/Rangers: i saw Padilla gainst the Indians. he struck out the side in the first inning. Then an other Padilla came out for the second, but he might not got lit up without Kinsler's error. For Toronto, Halladay is as good as you could get. He is almost a surebet to pitch 7 (strong) innings. After the last two days, i think an under could be in order. The Rangers need Padilla badly for at least 6, because they long men out of the bullpen, Eyre and Feldman aren't avaliable tonight.

Tigers/Orioles: two good pitchers will take the mound in Detroit with Bonderman and Cabrera. In my eyes Cabrera is a huge talent, maybe Leo Mazzone could get the stud out of him. The whole Tigers squad has zero homers against Cabrera in more than 100 career ABs. Detroit got a huge emotional victory yesterday against Santana, with a walkoff Inge HR. But they couldn't lose this game, because tomorrow it will be Loewen/Durbin, and that's not a matchup they would win easily. I think under here.

Royals/Angels: Odalis Perez vs. John Lackey. Perez is very constant for the Royals, he went 5-6 inning and gave up 3-4 runs 4 times out of 5. (hammered in the 5th). He has some solid numbers against Angel hitters. On the other hand, Lackey is pitching great, but he don't have the numbers of the Royals. Angels have an average bullpen with Shields underachieving and Darren Oliver isn't getting the job done. The Royals bullpen is a complete mess, but Joakim Soria is a bright spot. Chone Figgins is back for the angels. I think maybe Angles, but a nobet is more likely right now.

I'll be back later with official picks and thoughts on the later games.

Last edited:
Cann't pull the trigger on the Cubbies because are terrible against lefties so far (and i was kind with them) and hitting without power.

MIL/STL under 9 @1.833, 3 units (7-1, +2,499 units)

NYM/FLA over 9,5 @1.962, 2,5 units (6-9, +2,405 units)

TOR/TEX under 9 @1.91, 3 units (6-1, +2,73 units)

DET/BAL under 9 @1.847, 3 units (4-6 now, -3 units)

Another good night overall.

<!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
MLB 2007 stats: 13W - 5L - 0P +14,12 units

Back