Overall = (69-61-3) +9.24 Units

4/28 Plays

Red Sox (+104) (1/1.04)
LOSS
Angels (-116) (2.32/2.02) WIN
Nationals (+169) (1/1.69) LOSS
Cardinals (-108) (3.24/3) LOSS

Pirates (+139) (1/1.39) LOSS

As always, thoughts/criticism/discussion is welcome (either good or bad). Good luck everyone! :cheers: <!-- / message --><!-- edit note -->

Last edited:
Thanks, Tito. Really like the Saunders/Eaton matchup....Hile has a great writeup I agree wholeheartedly with.

Nationals (+169) (1/1.69)
Cardinals (-108) (3.24/3)

Out-fucking-god-damned-standing.

I have made two 3-unit wagers this season. In both wagers, the starting pitcher that I bet left the game leading 1-0.

In both games, the bullpen gave up 2 runs in the other teams' last at bat.

Tony LaRussa, nice job. McClellan with 3 motherfucking godfucking damn walks in the 8th inning, gets squeezed on a 1-2 2out pitch to a pinch hitter by Guccione who called NOTHING but the 10-inch outside corner in the 9th.......and then Mike Fucking Gonzalez with his new epileptic windup strikes out the side in the 9th.

FUCK ME.

Sigh......sorry. Had to vent.

The best part of all that game was Diaz hitting a 52 hopper and it getting through the infield for the game winning hit. What the hell was Greene doing, smoking cigarettes and shooting the shit with the 3rd baseman?

Tough beat Scarf, I took it too bud.

Out-fucking-god-damned-standing.

I have made two 3-unit wagers this season. In both wagers, the starting pitcher that I bet left the game leading 1-0.

In both games, the bullpen gave up 2 runs in the other teams' last at bat.

Tony LaRussa, nice job. McClellan with 3 motherfucking godfucking damn walks in the 8th inning, gets squeezed on a 1-2 2out pitch to a pinch hitter by Guccione who called NOTHING but the 10-inch outside corner in the 9th.......and then Mike Fucking Gonzalez with his new epileptic windup strikes out the side in the 9th.

FUCK ME.

Sigh......sorry. Had to vent.

Scarf...I was on it as well for a 3 unit play (usually my biggest play) and it hurts. I feel like this has happened to you and I a few times the past week or so. It's a long season so I guess we just roll with it, but man does it suck. The bullpens this year just seem atrocious. I can't believe how many leads are lost and how many runs are being scored late (F'ing up my unders). Keep the chin up and let's turn this thing around.

sorry bro. keep ur head up. cards pen always scares me. they fucked me opening day and i haven't bet on them since on a full game side.

Thanks for the kind words guys.

So let me sum up this night.

The Cardinals make the JoJo Reyes look like Cy Young on the mound, have an 8th inning guy walk 3 men and then have a routine grounder go through for a single, only to make Mike Gonzalez look like the Fireman of the Year.

Then, Maholm up 5-1 against Milwaukee completely falls apart and the Pirates make a God-awful Brewer bullpen look like Jesus Christ on the mound the last 4 innings.

But what has to be my favorite game of the evening is the Red Sox blowing leads of:

1-0
5-1
7-3
8-7

ONLY.....to have a relief pitcher drop an UNDERHAND routine toss from Youkilis at first base to let the winning run score in the 9th....a ball that Helen Keller could have caught.

I really apologize guys, I just am scratching my head right now.

I truly believe that if you don't laugh in this world, you'll cry. Well.....I'm out of motherfucking tears. LOL.

i was on all 3 with you scarf. i can't figure out which one was the worst loss. if i had to choose one, i'd say the cards loss, walking the bases full is bullshit. leading 1-0 from the first inning then blowing it, unbelievable. oh well, we'll get it tomorrow hopefully.

i'm currently on SD who just scored a run in the top of the 9th, but i bet they give up 2 in the bottom of the 9th.

1 Unit Underdogs (ML)= (23-18) +10.11 Units
1 Unit Underdogs (RL) =

1 Unit Favorites (ML) = (14-9) +3.85 Units<o></o>
1 Unit Favorites (RL) = (3-6) -2.14 Units

1 Unit Totals (Over) = (16-15-1) +0.85 Units<o></o>
1 Unit Totals (Under) = (4-7) -3.14 Units

2 Unit Totals (Over) = (1-5-1) -9.06 Units<o></o>
2 Unit Totals (Under) = (2-0-1) +4.00 Units

2 Unit Underdogs (ML) = (2-2) +0.16 Units<o></o>
2 Unit Favorites (ML) = (5-1) +7.86 Units

3 Unit Favorites (ML) = (0-2) -7.47 Units

4/28 Plays = (1-4) = -4.22 Units

Overall = (70-65-3) +5.02 Units

As I said in my first post of this season, I hope to take this year as a learning experience of going through the daily grind of MLB capping on a consistent basis.

While I am glad to still be on the plus side this season and have a winning record, I have a hard time not looking at 3 specific bullpen implosions (2 in my largest wagers of the season) that have swayed my overall profit nearly 18 units.

I don't think I'm capping poorly. And to be truthful, in my mind that's the most important thing. Although I may like to bitch and moan after some of the tough losses, I'm sure the breaks will eventually fall my way. Getting the frustration out of my system by expressing my thoughts actually helps me keep perspective.

There are a lot of cappers on here who are much smarter and more experienced that I am and are also having rough starts. I figure that if I can take something out of every play, either good or bad, then I think I'll be OK in the long run.

But as for tonight......:hang::hang::hang::hang::hang::hang:

Last edited:
Back