SportsNut

Breaking it down briefly
One of these days I'll be around...remember avoid rain delays!!

Anyway..

Pirates +126 {3units} ARL +200 {1unit}
Over 28 RHE -115 Pitt{2units}
Cards -105 {5units} -1.5 RL +180 {1.5units}

Basically I am riding Pitt cause its a value play. Sure HOU is avoiding a sweep here(also 6 straight L to Pitt) but last nite was a tough loss . There are two ways this game is viewed by Hou ...I cant wait to get the FUCK HOME Or We need to win this one before we get home. So looking at price I am taking a shot at Pitt....

With STL fading the Reds vs a LHP and then got the bonus of Dunn and Hamilton on the bench. Was playing STL in a day game regardless but got the added bonus of the rested players. Keisler has been somewhat suprisingly decent and again CIncy vs LHP...they managed 2 runs across 3 starts vs Lilly , Hill and Hamels....they are 2-6 vs LHP with a 1-0 win vs Lilly included....

BOL.....:cheers:

Nice work with Pitt, good win for us there...

Was curious to see what you thought about this clown the Jankees are trotting out tonight. I realize he's supposed to have better stuff than either Wright or Rasnor but I'll believe it when I see it. Toronto has a patient lineup that should be able to take advantage of this kid, and Montague is one of the biggest OVER guys out there, so he won't get many breaks on balls and strikes close to the plate.

I am only slightly interested in TOronto as I think the Bombers will want to turn things around quickly at home but I see a big number against AJ tonight and the sorry Jay pigpen. OVER, anyone???

Also, wanted to see if you saw any of Kip Wells the other night? Duncan can only do so much but this clown does not belong in a rotation - it just goes to show how much they are hurting in STL...

Nice work with Pitt, good win for us there...

Was curious to see what you thought about this clown the Jankees are trotting out tonight. I realize he's supposed to have better stuff than either Wright or Rasnor but I'll believe it when I see it. Toronto has a patient lineup that should be able to take advantage of this kid, and Montague is one of the biggest OVER guys out there, so he won't get many breaks on balls and strikes close to the plate.

I am only slightly interested in TOronto as I think the Bombers will want to turn things around quickly at home but I see a big number against AJ tonight and the sorry Jay pigpen. OVER, anyone???

Also, wanted to see if you saw any of Kip Wells the other night? Duncan can only do so much but this clown does not belong in a rotation - it just goes to show how much they are hurting in STL...

Thanks CKR.....

I know both guys had to deal with a rain delay (Cin/StL) but I just avoid anything that messes with a pitchers routine so I gave that game a pass. He stunk for sure though. Looking at his first four starts though I still feel is he is the better half of the games SP today . Thats not saying much but I feel he is above avg and could be well above avg. We all have differing opinions. The Cards offense is the main problem and its less then stellar pen.

With NY I am so disgusted at Torre I dont know if I can give an unbiased opinion. This guy has lost game after game already this year and absolutely fucked up every bullpen move the past week. I mean every single one. I get so aggravated I just want to smack the guy upside the head. I dont understand how baseball lifers know so little about the game in its current form. He managed to turn our early season strength into a weakness by overworking the same guys , just sad .

The Chase Wright thing the other nite....its a shame. Not cause he gave up 4 straight Hrs but rather the kid has shown poise and well after consecutive 2out Hrs why not take a trip to the mound and settle him down. Thats commonsense , slow the momentum some. Nope! Little things they just never do. Wright as of the last I saw of both them was ahead of Hughes in development. Wright had command issues up in the majors but I didnt like there pitch selection with him and HIS desire to be picture perfect with his fastball. Hughes had zero command of his breaking stuff in the spring and it was very flat. The Jays lineup isnt very good though IMO its about as overrated as you can get especially with Glaus and Johnson down though I like Lind. If Hughes can be effective against RHB then he doesnt have that much to worry about but I have a feeling Overbay has a 3 double nite say 3-4. Then I dont understand why they start Kartsens @ Fenway knowing he hasnt is anywhere near 100%. He may be healthy but he isnt in peak performance. Rasner is Aaron Small plain and simple and needs to be used as such. That long reliever / spot starter type. Solid guys to have on your roster if used properly.

Maybe Hughes is totally different then what I saw in ST but there is no way I would back NY here at this price. So hard to a Yankee under. I think at this point UMP angles are overrated. Everybdy is working there way into the season still . If it fits then I guess it worth the gamble. The easiest money ever was Boston in game 2 and 3 @ Fenway even I so badly wanted to play Boston.

I dont see much positive going on with NYY maybe a day off clears there heads. They are simply mismanaged every day of the season especially the pitching staff. They dont put players in position to succeed but I do agree with Starting Hughes here and Pettitte tmrw. It seems like all we do is throw or pitchers to the lions nite after nite. Colter Bean what a waste! Why have a 1 inning guy on your roster when you need an innings eater at this point......

So basically yes until proven otherwise Hughes is all hype. They Yanks better wisen up and use Karstens and Rasner in better situations. I am still laughing at the Karstens start @ Fenway.....Single A rehab to Fenway...great choice...I owuld much rather give Villone a shot at it and see if he get 5 innings...

If this is Karstens turn then I dont see why they are starting Hughes here. They should realize how poorlyTorre has been from day 1 with pitching changes. In the beginning all th egoofy moves worked but forever now they have failed...so the question is how he will handle Hughes here tonite...?? I am sure he will do something to fuck it up though....

GL if you ride Tor and over...what were they thinking at 11?? Myself I may not touch the AL games with Chi being rained out and unsure of the NL ...

Hope that useless ramble provided something...I guess my point is the Yanks best way of winning is out hitting there opponent but not cause of there bad pitching but there bad pitching decisions and moves....:cheers:

Any early thoughts on the series this weekend SN? The NYY if nothing else don't play well in April. Seems their are many NYY backers hitting the panic buttin early. Good luck tonight

GL buddy, excellent writeup on Hughes and the Yanks, thanks. I'm on the over in that one, they moved the margin to 9.5 with plus money on the over side. Had to take it I'm sure you understand why :D.

:cheers:

Thanks gents..

Chance let me give a look at the series first before I comment. I guess when the Yanks are going south the 'public' is more then happy to over exaggerate the situation. There is a rhyme and a reason for everything...personally I see no reason to panic its just I cant stand Torre's decision making. As you know Chance I never have and every year it just irks me more.

GL Satyr....11 to 9.5 big move..to big probably...

Add..

Under 9 +100 Balt {2units}
Balt +145/Und 9 parlay 1 unit to win 3.90

NBA...I have barely had the time to pay attention to the NBA. Was blindly playing UNDERS which worked well except the fact my personal plays have stunk ...

Pistons ML -140 {4units}
Over 53 1st Q LAL {3units}
Houston +5 -115 {3units}...

BOL all ...hope to be around tmrw!

Nut,
How do you feel about the La/SF under..I think Ortiz brings it tonight and we know penny is good for 7 innings and maybe 2 runs...

Playing it Trout......

Under 8.5 +110 SFG {2.5units}

Lil concerned about such strong line movement but what the heck....just lost a nice 4 to parlay in Balt thanks to Chris Ray! BOL

Oh and added 2nd H Under 93.5 @ Orl {3units}

BOL all:cheers:

Yeah sucks bar....was waiting for balt to blow it though...At least your not a Yankee fan. Watching them is torture cause as I said Torre and decision making just dont go hand in hand.

You start Hughes on a such a tight pitch count....alot of good the 4+ innings does the bullpen. Then your parading your better relievers out a game that doesnt take much to realize was lost at 4-0.....STUPID!! You could have started Kartsens tonite and used Henn in long relief with Igawa on Sat. Now you have Igawa getting bumped and Karstens on Sat plus you have used Bruney , Proctor and Henn.....DUMB.....the stupidity just never ends......:cheers:

SN, my thoughts exactly on NYY pen, and they have another important series coming up this weekend. Plus another lost game and they're wasting their pen like crazy? I thought shush man, they know better :D.

They need to get Burnett out of there for some help...A huge series on deck with a losing streak and exactly they should better I mean its not rocket science....dont see how Ron Villone hsnt been a better option...anyway BOL

In the NBA 2nd H I never understood why I was being a SUCKER (IMHO) and taking Hou + all those points. Th eline was designed to attract HOU action....so play 'in Utah +1/2 -115 {7units) which half is to wash my ORIGINAL play on HOU +5....BOL

Good thread SN, is it raining hard in NY? Comming down hard in NH

At the moment the rain has stopped. It started late last nite and really poured till recently last hour or so I would say. I believe the forecast has rin off and on all day so I would say the game is in extreme doubt UNLESS it doesnt rain anymore...the field has to be saturated...well the OF...

Back