4/20 Sat - 420 special edition

slugur

Pretty much a regular
Season
43-48-0 -1.54

Fri
2-2-0 +0.10
Reds either score 10 runs or 1 run... Frustrating day as Reds cost a 4 unit swing.

Sat
952 Reds (Arroyo) -1.5 -105 *2.10 to win 2 (tilt bet from yesterday's loss)
953 Nats (Gio) -150 *1.5 to win 1
955 Cards/Phillies Under 7.5 -115 *1.15 to win 1
963 Padres (Richard) +162 *1 to win 1.62
965 Yankees (Kuroda) +103 *1 to win 1.03
971 Tigers (Porcello) +105 *1 to win 1.05
978 Rangers (Tepesch) -1.5 +115 *1 to win 1.15

I don't see Maholm continuing this Sandy Koufax type of run much longer. He is averaging 1 K/IP with BAA of .153... He is far far from a strike out pitcher and there is no way he suddenly figured things out at age 31 either. Huge correction coming up soon, but I don't know if it's tomorrow though. Something to think about if he has another dominating outing against the Pirates.

James McDonald's fastball is down a couple ticks from last season and he's been looking more like the pitcher he was during the 2H of last season. Watched his short outing against the Cards and he was sitting around 89 most of the time. Here's a good read on him from Fangraphs written back in December which highlights how important that extra couple mph on his FB is for him. http://www.fangraphs.com/fantasy/james-mcdonald-loses-steam/. Plan on fading him until he gets it back.

Kuroda's bruised right finger seems to no longer be an issue cause he was flat-out nasty against the O's last Sunday night. Hope we see that guy again tomorrow afternoon. GL slugur.

Thanks guys.

Grind, my thought exactly about Kuroda. His last game convinced me enough to take him at that price last night. I am going to monitor the ATL/Pitt game but won't have any action on it.

SD game has a pitcher change, but not going to take it again with Cashner at lower price. I will pass.

Adding,

Game 2 Dodgers/O's Under 8 -110 *1.1 to win 1

I was debating all afternoon whether to take 1st 5 or full game and decided to go with full game. Hope it doesn't come back to bite me.

Back