4/2 - Opening Day Thoughts

E.T.G.

One of trus baby mommas
Monday 2:05pm:

Indians +102 (the greek), still waiting on betjam lines since they have .10 cent lines instead of 20. +112 would be nice.. They are +116 at pinnacle so this is def not a game I will play @ the greek unless I got some better value..

CC Sabathia vs. Jose Contreras

Ok this play will more or less be offical after Fridays bullpen session..

''I'm pitching Monday,'' Sabathia said. ''The swelling has gone down. I feel pretty good. I'm pretty excited.''
Sabathia was hit by a line drive off the bat of Toronto's Reed Johnson on his second pitch Wednesday. Indians manager Eric Wedge said he wants to see how Sabathia's bullpen session goes Friday before committing."

Sabathia was 4-0 w/ a 2.3 vs. the White Sox last yr. I am very high on CC and if he stays healthy this yr he will be top 3 in the AL. He has the stuff to shut a team down and can go deep into the game. CC recorded 6 complete games last yr. He is a very dependable starter and very nasty when his stuff is on. The Indian bullpen blew as many games as they saved last yr and they did some attempts to bolster it in the off season..Joe Borowski (3.38era,8ip, 7k, 1bb, 10hits), and Roberto Hernandez (3.0era, 9ip, 3k, 6bb, 6hits) posted decent stats this spring but none the less they add depth to a struggling postion for the Indians.

There are no questions, I think this lineup is one of the finest in basbeall. I am a big Travis Hafner fan as well..

Contreras has been knocked around a little bit this spring giving up 21 hits in 17innings w/ 5er. White Sox have two 2 strong arms in the bullpen in Jenks and MacDoughal and they can make a better feel comfortable with a lead... The 4th ranked offense remained unchanged for the White Sox and they get this game at home....My whole problem is that its early and the offenses prob won't be in full gear, the pitchers will be ahead of the hitters and I will take Sabathia over Contreras. I don't always feel like I know what I am getting with Contreras..Ultimately I think the Tribe offense will be more effective vs. White Sox pitching than the White Sox offense will be against tribe pitching.

I like this as well. First play that stuck out to me when I looked at the card. Mainly based on fading Contreras facing a great young Indians lineup.

Sabathia bullpen session went fine and he will pitch on Monday..That qualifies this as a play, I am just waiting on BetJam to get the line up as there will be more value there than thegreek.com

Mar 30 Sabathia threw 50 pitches in a bullpen session Friday and pronounced himself fit to keep his starting assignment for the Cleveland Indians on opening day. The left-hander was hit on the left forearm Wednesday by a drive off the bat of Toronto's Reed Johnson. Sabathia was examined at a hospital, but no break was found. He still had a bruise just above his left wrist Friday.
Advice: Sabathia was able to play catch as well as complete his normal bullpen session Friday. He will be limited to 110 pitches Monday in Chicago against the White Sox.

I will take the 110pitch limit, that should get him to 6-7innings hopefully.

Royals +152 vs Red Sox

I remember my friend played the Red Sox last year big because he had been sucking and... he got flattened. Although Ortiz seems to feast on Meche. Still @ +152 it's got some value

Thanks guys...I am locked in on the Tribe..

0-0 +$0.00

Cleveland +109 --- $300 to Win $327

Still looking for 1 more game monday. I understand that Baseball is a different kind of beast and it is real easy to lose your money in no time with so many games everyday so I am trying to pick my spots carefully. Limit myself to 1-2 plays a day and just focus on the +$$$ at the end of the week..

Another game I am interested in..

Cubs -109 - Cubs got the advantage in the lineup here and in SP in my opinion. Harang has been hit a decent amount this spring and I know you shouldn't put that much weight in it but lets be serious here, he obviously doesnt and wont have his best stuff on 4/2. So the only advantage I see the Reds having is that it is a home game, a place where the ball flies out of the park anyway and I am not sure that is such a good thing vs. the Cubs lineup.

On Opening Day 2006 against the Cubs, Harang had one of his worst starts of the season. In a 16-7 defeat, he allowed nine runs, six earned, and nine hits over five innings.

New manager for the Cubs as well, why wouldnt that be an extra motivation to start the season off right?

At 25, Zambrano is still a big kid but he is going to get better with each start and there is no denying the stuff this kid has. He needs to cut down on his league leading walks however..

Both bullpens have their questions..

CHC: RHP Carlos Zambrano, 16-7, 3.41 ERA in 2006
3-2, 3.76 ERA in 2006 vs. CIN
CIN: RHP Aaron Harang, 16-11, 3.76 ERA in 2006
• 1-1, 5.14 ERA in 2006 vs. CHC

I tried to talk myself out of laying road chalk opening day but I cant.. I will take Big Z who is about to get a big pay day..I just don't think Harang has it today

Card for 4/2

Cleveland +109 --- $300 to Win $327
Cubbies -111 --- $333 to Win $300

Likely going to go 1-1 -$6 w/ the Indians and the Cubs..

Harang shut me up and Dunn was friggen Adam Homerun Dunn.. Kid K's or HR's.

Its early and I'm hungry for sum dough..I am pissed I missed on Sheets complete game which was an initial lean so here is a chase play for some positive money today..

I hate parlays but I am trying to be safe, will count this as a single play regardless of outcome.

I got UF winning my pool but I am done wagering CBB. Really like the stros here to win the game but didn't want to take the 1.5rl cause who knows with that offense, they don't like to give their pitchers run support.

UF ML
Astros ML

$300 to Win $323.62

UF ML
Astros ML

$300 to Win $323.62

1-2 -$306

wow.. I would like to thank Brad fuken Lidge for that loss. Guy gives up a HR in the 9th to blow the fuken save w/ 2outs. They go on to lose 4-2 in the 10th because besides Luke Scott no one can hit the ball today..

Poor Roy Oswalt..

Oswalt pitch 7.2 innings with an ERA 1.17 giving up 5 hits 1 ER 3 K's

Its my fault for parlaying that shit. Its my fault for chasing today. But damn Astros better change their closer. Brad Lidge needs to go to the 8th inning because Albert Pujols destroyed this guy FOREVER.

I have offically been Lidgified, thank you betcrimes

:spank: :spank:

Last edited:
Back