4.15 Series play

tee*dub

Head of Loggerhead Turtle Society
Been observing mostly. Will post a few here and there when I see something that jumps out. This one jumps out.

Cards series -145 (v. Milwaukee), 4 units WIN

Pitching matchups favor the Cardinals in this one.

Mil. Bush (8.44), Villanueva (4.76), Parra (4.82)

vs

Stl. Looper (3.09), Wainwright (3.60), Lohse (1.04)

Note the Cards won't see Sheets or Suppan.. Sheets/Suppan have a combined ERA of 2.68; the rest of the staff 6.03. This was a break for the Cards or a sign Mil. does not take them seriously. Small sampling but arguably the Cards have their 3 best pitchers going against the Brewers bottom three, at home, with an off-day and the last game in SF STL rested several starters incl Pujols and Glaus... Yep...

GL all:cheers:

Last edited:
Pujols should be rested and ready to go

Looper should get StL the W today

Not facing Sheets is a good thing indeed

I like the bet... GL tee

you and your cardinals ;)

gl, i do like this play.

Most of my plays are in the NL and a higher percentage in the NL Central and yes I think the Cardinals are still highly undervalued.. Cards will have troubles this year when their bullpen gets overused which is going to be often because so many SP's will have pitch count issues due to various circumstances.. The off day preceding the series plays big into my reasoning..:cheers:

Also Mil. is going to face three quality righties (Looper at home is quality , yes) and they struggle on the road vs righties.. Obviously the first game of these series bets are key and I am on a bigtime Bush fade right now.. Unfortunatley this will probably be his last start with Gallardo coming off the DL.. Brewers are going to be tough when they get the kid back and if Sheets can stay healthy..

cards off to a good start for ya Tee.

gl with the series

Thanks Kyle.. Expected a good start but not this good... Admittedly, they have played a lot of weak teams so far. But this was a big reason for the bet, they will continue to play a lot of weak teams this year.

They got 15 of next 19 at home and I tabbed this a key stretch for the over season win bets... Another key stretch is a six game road trip to Boston and Detroit.. They need to only avoid getting swept in either of those series and I like the bet even more.

Mulder will be back in a few and Carpenter late June early July. Cards could possibly be sellers of Starting pitching by the All star break..

Whats up Tee ..good stuff and I agree. With such low expectations Cards seemingly have been undervalued early on and with Milw winning the last few in NY and beating Santana it adds to there "public profile" . Which I have said Milw beat on vs LH and until otherwise shown differently look to fade vs RHP obviously not a blind sort of thing but a rule of thumb....

GL

Whats up Tee ..good stuff and I agree. With such low expectations Cards seemingly have been undervalued early on and with Milw winning the last few in NY and beating Santana it adds to there "public profile" . Which I have said Milw beat on vs LH and until otherwise shown differently look to fade vs RHP obviously not a blind sort of thing but a rule of thumb....

GL

:cheers:

Thanks Dub! Jumped on the future with ya prior to the season starting (STL OVER wins)...good start to the season...like this as well.

Be safe, stay in touch.

Peace.

Thanks Dub! Jumped on the future with ya prior to the season starting (STL OVER wins)...good start to the season...like this as well.

Be safe, stay in touch.

Peace.

Long ways to go on the future Mags but ya, it looks good..:cheers:

congrats on the big start tee dub. can't believe how the cards are pitching.

Thanks Cub.. Think the cubbies settle into a nice run and really feel the Brewers will be with them until the end but the Cards will be tailing closely throughout.. It will be a tight race and fun to watch IMO.. Reds are already showing their flaws..

Back