SportsNut

Breaking it down briefly
We have two more day starts to worry about ...

+8.33units
-0.57units
-24.80units
+17.00units
+15.90units(-0.75u)
-6.63units
+16.35units (-1.50u)
-3.75 units
+16.90units

Houston @ Chi

Not that much interest here for me. There seems to be alot of angles that wash eachother out. Marquis does his best work over his career in day starts and we saw how well he pitched last week. The problem I have with him is how some of the STROS own him: Berkman 16/28 8 BBs. , Ensberg 15/32 3hrs , Lee 5/15 2Hrs and Lane 6/18. Thats alot to ignore. Sampson is still an unknown. How long can he go here?? Do you actually weigh the start vs CHI last year....honestly I dont cause that was the Derrick Lee growing pains time period.

There are numbers that make me think this could be low scoring and go under . Then there are equal things which make me feel there will be alot of offense today especially if the SP are gone by the 6th inning. Yesterday I know I was paying 20 cents to much for Lilly and I deserve to lose...here I cant say that I feel Marquis should be -145 for certain..low 130's...maybe not here....and fat FAVS always lose....that was so evident with Oakland last nite..

Marquis has pitched some really solid games vs Hou in the past but again inconsistency.( 5 high quality starts , 4 low quality and one neutral in the past 10). Hosuton doesnt hit much on the road or in day starts BUT this season they have faced quiet strong SP. The Pitt series Duke , Snell and Gorzelanny the weak link( who I have as a high upside guy). The cards they faced Reyes , Wainright and Wells.....Well I said before the Met start Wells could be pretty solid this year and he is exceeding my higher expectations and Wainright is gigantic stud sleeper while Reyes we all know is a young top and up and comer..So as much as HOU Offense sticks maybe its the quality of pitching they have faced...??

So at the end of the day I am done spinning my wheels on this game there is no value unless the wind is blowing out...

Seattle @ Bos

Again how do you measure a team who hasnt played in a week? Sea last game was 4/4. Is it a big deal ...?? I think more for the hitters then anything..pitchers can get there throwing in but nothing is really like facing live pitching in real situations....as Hargrove said its a game to be played NOT praticed....

I think Beckett is throwing his best since his FLA days and Weaver is the UNKNOWN of UNKNOWNS....he had more success in his recent AL days on the road which may benefit him here....he is awful in his career vs LHB and that made his work vs NYM suprising in the postseason...

There is no value for me in Bos at 2 to 1...since the lineup is slumping...its shown improvement but not enough..

If a 10 total popped up maybe I would take a look at the UNDER...though I had wanted to play team total over 5 only saw 5.5 +110 or so....

Props:{ 1unit unless noted}
Berkman -120 TB vs Lee

:cheers: And Cakeoff looking for that Prop havent seen one yet!

Good shit Nut... I am on the Houston/OVER parlay in Wrigley - wind IS blowing out towards left at 12 or so and the Boston price is ridiculous, plain and simple... GL today...

Thanks CKR...just saw a crosswind @ Wrigley so I am passing...

Weather: 46 degrees, sunny.
Wind: 14 mph, R to L.

The total is on the move @ Boston....still considering an UNDER not sure I want to take the bait...:cheers:

thegreek has a bunch of sweet props in baseball too bad i suck in that sport

Thanks farm...I liked that one myself...CTG has come up with some good ones..BOL today...

Cake : Really dont know how they calculate those type odds. Being that he is a former winner they probably arent great but during he offseason they probably would have been better with some of that negative media floating around..

added:

Over 9 -120Cubbies {2units}:cheers:

Crazy 1st Innings ...

Now I really hope that Cubs total hit cause I could had the Boston TT after 1 inning!!!

I cant wait till the day where technology is so advanced that I can just think something or I settle for voice activated and it just imprints it self on the screen....wow that would make my life so much easier since I hate typing and LOVE to ramble on...then maybe I can think out and rationalize my gut instincts...

Point is CKR has the right idea about the correlated parlays . Of course he does he is the best knowledgable gambler on the board. Anyway I just think it has to be expanded on to more then Dog / Over and Fav / Under.....wish I had the roll to actuall entertain doing this shit....today I had Hou/ Bos ML parlay tossed around my head and thought Hou/over but Bos / Over as well( or SEA / UND if tyou fancied the dog)....for Sea to win the Sox would have to score less then 5 whch would have probably kept this an under game.....

Just wanted to get that out of my mind......clear it ofr later on.....probably a worthless post to you guys:drink:

you off your meds SN, just kidding Sox look good but had to pass also with that line BOL with the games:cheers:

Evening starts

No greater feeling that having every LEAN hit except the one you played....

Brewers +105 {4units} ARL -1.5 +165 {1units} Pending
Under 8.5 +100 Milw {2.5units} Pending
Under 4 -125 STLteam total {4units} (wuz incorrectly listed as Pitt) +4.00
Pirates -123 {4units} -1.5 RL +170 {1unit} -5.92 (lose again by 1 run)
Under 10-120 Balt {2.5 units} +2.50
Under 4.5 Balt team -120 {3units} +3.00
Cle -130 {2units} +2.00
KC +145 {2units} +2.90

Notes:
In the face of 9 straight losses to FLA can you have a better spot then this? A kid making his ML debut who has never pitched above AA ball. This is an emergency quick fix due to Nolasco's injury not something planned and earned. Vargas pitched an excellent game last season @ Pro Player and the lineup is basically the same. Vanden Hurk pitched reasonable well vs Balt in his last ST outing....Fla is w/o starters Johnson and Nolasco and traded Petit for Julio thinning out there options for a callup/spot starter. Vargas pitched well on the road and while it wasnt a different team he didnt get much run support. Mix in Eddings behind the dish..under ...

In Pitt you have a fade of STL facing LH SP. They were 9-18 on the road vs LHP last season. They beat really on the worst of the worst and scoring little in doing so. Lats year in Pitt vs the other Pitt LH they wer 2-4 with two 2-1 wins...they managed 0,1,2,2,4 and 7 runs in those starts vs LHP the two higher scroing games were higher scoring...the only LH that Pitt has faced was Milton and they eventually hit him except the same against Keisler. Fairly tough on LH but not vs the bats of Bay and Nady....

Call me crazy but I believe Wright pitching a solid 6 innings tonite allowing 3 runs or less. Basically cause I feel that DET will continue to struggle vs RHP. Wright's heavy hard sinker is just what will continue to keep DET handcuffed. His past starts have been decent enough vs DET and the Tigers are streak offense which isnt hitting that over relies on HR's. Roberston should do well vs the LH lineup of Balt cause he I believe had the best BAA vs LHB last season..

Fading LAA vs a LH SP.....

Riding the Grienke train...

BOL:cheers:

Last edited:
7:30

Under 3.5 -110 Nats team total {2.5 units} +2.50
Under 8.5 +110 ATL {2.5units} +2.75
Nats +255 {1/2unit} -.50

Real simple people are writting Chico off w/o knowing much about him or based on one start. Not saying the kid is good but he was decent in ST and is a former 3rd round pick. Who isnt nervous in there ML debut...maybe it was more then that maybe it wasnt...anyway Hudson has been excellent and onlt the win saw nats top 3 runs cause they have been brutal with RISP.. Chico's best asset is he is LH. Just look at the Braves vs LHP so far this season....not much offense 3 earned runs across 3 starts....naturally Chico is far below those LH BUT we know a LH is a LH er......

:cheers:

Last edited:
8 PM

Add:

Yanks -140 {3.5units} +3.50
Under 10 -115 Minny {2units} -2.30
Under 11 -110 Texas {2units} -2.20

Notes:

Just riding the Yanks whil ethere bats are clicking. Bonser is an up and comer and is tougher on LHB which makes theunder attractive. Minny 's bat are quiet and pettitte looked fine in relief and has pitched well at the dome while the Twins are nt familiar with him..

Going contrarian with an UNDER ump in hernandez and 18 MPH wind blowing in from RF at Texas:cheers:

Last edited:
9:40

add:

Over 9 -120 reds {5units}

Notes:
Think you have two SP who were lucky 1st starts and wont be able with so many quality LHB to pitch out of trouble....real basic just backe end of the rotation guys with a total that is much lower trhen Texas but almost same quality SP....:cheers:

Last edited:
10 PM games

Thanks CKR...BOL

Add:

Under 8 -115 SFG {4.5units}
Over 9 +105 Oakland {4units}
Over 4.5 WSox -110 Team total {2units}

The wind is blowing OUT hard to RF in Oakland.....Weather: 62 degrees, cloudy.
Wind: 17 mph, Out to RF. Gaudin is decent but hittable and the WSox are stacked. Garland has been solid in his career at Oak but I have concerns about him. He has been hit hard all spring and his opener.......mixin an Over Ump

Laz Diaz is an Under UMP with litting hitting squads and SP who pitch well vs there opponent....:cheers:

Pitt is just ruining my nite....blow a2-0 lead in the ninth. Then 1st and 2nd noout and they dont score can they give this away any better....Sure it wont be long before I am ready to break something......:drinking:

Thanks CKR...BOL

Add:

Under 8 -115 SFG {4.5units}
Over 9 +105 Oakland {4units}
Over 4.5 WSox -110 Team total {2units}

The wind is blowing OUT hard to RF in Oakland.....Weather: 62 degrees, cloudy.
Wind: 17 mph, Out to RF. Gaudin is decent but hittable and the WSox are stacked. Garland has been solid in his career at Oak but I have concerns about him. He has been hit hard all spring and his opener.......mixin an Over Ump

Laz Diaz is an Under UMP with litting hitting squads and SP who pitch well vs there opponent....:cheers:

Love the OVER tonight in Oakland. Garland's been pretty poor in April/May, especially last season, but usually then becomes extremely dependable from June on.....I think he'll pitch OK tonight, but certainly both teams should score a few runs tonight.

Mother Fucker there went Pitt out the door.....I dont mind losing but I doubt any Cards backer had that game nailed as square as I did...I just hate when the blind win...so much thought goes into my plays....instead of +9.70 lose -1.92....that sux......at least gimme MILW.....

Fucked again.....Yanks score 3 in a blowout in the top of the ninth! Can I catch a break , PLEASE!:moose: :moose:

Nut, Seriously you don't need me to tell you this but that is a BS loss in the Pitt game. I was thinking bout taking Pitt and I can't imagine how pissed I would be right now...

From a psychological standpoint, losing a 12th inning game when you led the whole time is never good for the team. With Wainwright on the mound 2morrow you think the Cards deserve a solid look? Thats where I was leaning vs. Maholm.

Nice call on Greinke tonight. Really hope he keeps it together throughout the year. Certainly a pitcher to keep an eye on for the time being, as that is two very solid outings to start the year. Gordon also homered for the first of his career. Hopefully that will get him going. GL.

Believe we need a crazy half inning to have a chance. At this point I would be more then happy to just split the Under @ SD and the Over in Oak.....

JRose - No one has noticed how well KC has pitched the ball. Right now Grienke appears to b ethe SP he was on track to be a couple seasons of ago...very nice story...Gordon he needs to just get comfortable that may take sometime..

ETG- It just sucks to lose a play where you had the opponent getting shutout for 8 innings. Just three outs away from a great ending for me...I just get pissed cause I know people probably take STL just to fade Pitt as a fav and get lucky...I knew STL would score at best 3 runs tonite and what sucks is I know the worst case ist that Pitt loses by 1 run...just didnt go that expensive route

Wainright is one of my sleeper studs. I am not sure there is enough negative carryover to warrant a fade play. I think if if STL wasnt -140 maybe...cause again another LH and they have shown they wont hit the Pirate LH @ PNC...so really thinking about hitting this UNDER...extra inning game and early start could lead to some benched starters and a flat game....I just dont like to jump in early but certainly have the UND8 circled...my big concern taking STL would be Pitt having the edge of facing a RHP....

Salomon Torres blew his first save Tuesday when he gave up two runs in the ninth inning against the Cardinals.

Jason Bay deserves some blame. The Cardinals began the inning with a single and a walk. Albert Pujols followed with a long fly to left that Bay caught, but Bay threw to third with David Eckstein tagging up, allowing the other runner to move up to second. A game-tying single followed. With Torres inducing a double play afterwards, it seems pretty likely that the Pirates would have won had Bay thrown to the right base.

Shit like this really irks me....not to mention 1st and 2nd noout how doesnt Wilson bunt them over in the tenth..

Anyway yeah I just looked quick only Blowdog had -140....Rolen DNP tonite so I would think tmrw is in question as well..

Day games Leans :

Under 8 Pitt , Over 9 OAK and Cubbies......

Think I am heading to bed....GL the rest of the way

Yep. The starting pitching has been very solid so far (and not to mention, the Royals faced a lot of good pitching the first week). Bullpen will be the big concern. Especially with Dotel on the DL. Already bit them once last Sunday when Riske gave up the 9th inning homerun. Some concerns defensively as well (i.e. gordon at third, teahen in right, brown in left). But overall, I think this team will be improved and headed in the right direction. GL and thanks for the plays.

Back