3rd & Long

Tom Brady is a douchebag
I'll just keep everything in here the rest of the way. :cheers:

3-1, +4.4 units so far.

2 Units
TCU -3

.5 to win 2 units reverse
TCU -3 & Over 46

3-2, +1.1 units (only sides in my record, but the reverse money is included)

2 units
Notre Dame --1.5

Notre Dame -1.5 & Over 48

Can't call them unmotivated here, the last time they won a bowl game Madonna was still a woman. They have a solid defense, and I like that fat boy is calling the plays tonight.
The game is at 8pm Eastern time, and from someone that recently spent some time on the island I can tell you that it is a big advantage for Hawaii playing anybody during the regular season on short travel - I don't think I was up past 10pm once during the 2 weeks I was there. ND has been there for a week, and the game will be at 3pm local time so they should be ok.

35-21 Notre Dame

Last edited:
Bowl record
4-2 sides
1-1 totals
+5.1 units

1 unit
CMU -7

.25 to win 1 unit reverse
CMU -7 & Under 68.5

I'll be taking Central Michigan here. The points look good, but do you really want to back a team that has given up an average of 182 per game on the ground? That's saying a lot against their shitty schedule, and tonight you have a healthy LeFevour who could probably get that many rushing himself. Add to that the turmoil on the o-line for the Owls, one mistake by them can easily take care of that TD spread. Vanzack already pointed out the big special teams advantage for Central, should get them good field position all night long. Chips also have a big home field / crowd support edge tonight. I hate making the obvious play, but I'll do it here. Taking a shot with the under, I think the line has gone too high.

Bowl record
4-3 Sides
2-1 totals
+3.65 units

1.5 units each
West Virginia -2.5
Florida St -6

1 unit
Miami +10

1 unit to win 4 units reverse
West Virginia -2.5 & Over 46

Florida St -6 & Over 52
Miami +10 & Over 51

Thoughts - West Virginia defense will be the difference here. I think WVU will take better care of the ball, Pat White goes out a winner.

Florida St - Wisconsin blows. I think Florida St comes in here fired up & focused today. FSU gets a big early lead and then Wisconsin makes it worse with mistakes.

Miami - Was leaning Cal all the way here, they have the speed and a better offense. This line has gone too high imo, and I like the fact that Jacory Harris is playing instead of Marve. I think Miami does enough to keep it close though, Cal by 7.

Good luck all.
an_cheers.gif

Agree completely about your feelings concerning Harris. It looks to me like Marve will probably transfer out again ... sit out another year ....

gl today

I took NC, but I'm with you on the Floridas. GL, 3rd

Nice day. :cheers:

I'm still bitter about the WVU game. They used the offense to protect the D in the 2nd half, or they could have named the final score.

On to the NFL. :seeya:

Bowl record
6-4 Sides
4-2 totals
+4.7 units

1.5 units each
NC State / Rutgers over 56
Missouri -12

1 unit to win 4 units reverses
NC State +6.5 & over 56
Missouri -12 & Over 66

I think the first one will be a nice back & forth game. Rutgers hit stride nicely the 2nd half of their season, and NC State is a program on the rise. I do think Rutgers success on defense is a little skewed by the competition, this NC State offense will be one of the best they've played. Both will get their points, I'll take the over by itself and hook it up with NC State + the points. 38-34 game either way.

For the night cap, Missouri is a monster on offense. I'm not worried about them being in a letdown spot here, Chase Daniel will leave college with a bang. The defense is their weakness, but I think they will score in the 50's tonight. 52-24 Missouri. There won't be very many Big 10 teams on my card this bowl season.

Good luck guys!
Peace_5.gif

Last edited:
Bowl record
6-4 Sides
4-2 totals
+4.7 units

1.5 units each
NC State / Rutgers over 56
Missouri +12

NC State +6.5 & over 56
Missouri +12 & Over 66

I think the first one will be a nice back & forth game. Rutgers hit stride nicely the 2nd half of their season, and NC State is a program on the rise. I do think Rutgers success on defense is a little skewed by the competition, this NC State offense will be one of the best they've played. Both will get their points, I'll take the over by itself and hook it up with NC State + the points. 38-34 game either way.

For the night cap, Missouri is a monster on offense. I'm not worried about them being in a letdown spot here, Chase Daniel will leave college with a bang. The defense is their weakness, but I think they will score in the 50's tonight. 52-24 Missouri. There won't be very many Big 10 teams on my card this bowl season.

Good luck guys!
Peace_5.gif

where did you get missouri +12 at?

Bowl record
7-5 Sides

4-4 totals
-2.0 units

1.5 units
Oregon +2.5
Nevada -2

1 unit
Western Michigan +2.5

Oregon +2.5 & Over 76.5
Nevada -2 & Over 58.5
Western Michigan +2.5 & Over 73.5

Maryland cannot be happy to be in their bowl game, and they are also without the D coordiantor (maybe that's a good thing, who knows) I know the Wolfpack won against some shitty teams, but this looks like a classic not interested spot for MD. Low total for a team with a crap secondary and a team that can score, like this over quite a bit. Shootout and close S/U win for Nevada.

Western Michigan -

These 2 are clones of each other, but even though they are a MAC team let's face it, I think almost everyone has a slight edge on defense over Rice. I really want to back Rice to get a long awaited bowl win, but I don't think they have the defense to do that. Total shootout,

Oregon - I'm starting to take the position that the Big 12 is a fraud of a conference, and I give the speed edge here to Oregon. Both are quick strike teams, but Okie has given up a ton of points to the teams they've played that possess offensive firepower, I think Oregon fits the bill. Lopsided Okie support with reverse to litlle line movement has me on the Ducks here.

I'd really like to see Rice get a 1 or 2 point W, that program deserves a bowl win, just not my money.

Good luck
an_cheers.gif

3rd- I'll give Rice my money.
The O game is a rare pass for me.
Is it the Humanitarian Bowl (?) a real crapshot, IMO, and so far I'm 4 for 4 betting with the ACC.'an_horse'

With you on the Ducks and Nevada, but going with Rice and the over in Houston....just think this Owls team is consistently performing well recently (at least on the offensive side)

Good luck 3rd.

Bowl record
8-7 Sides
5-6 totals
-7.85 units

Got in my own way yesterday. Feel like I was on the right side with Nevada & the Oregon over, just didn't put a reverse together. And fuck the MAC, never again.

New Years eve plays --
1.5 units
Houston -3.5
Pittsburgh +2.5
Over 52.5 LSU/GT

1 unit
Boston College -3.5
Kansas -9

Pitt -2.5 & under 52
Houston -3.5 & Over 64.5
BC -3.5 & over 41

Kansas -9 & Over 58
LSU +4 & Over 52.5

Good luck guys, stay safe tonight. :cheers:

Last edited:
Bowl record
8-7 Sides
5-6 totals
-7.85 units

Got in my own way yesterday. Feel like I was on the right side with Nevada & the Oregon over, just didn't put a reverse together. And fuck the MAC, never again.

New Years eve plays --
1.5 units
Houston -3.5
Pittsburgh +2.5
Over 52.5 LSU/GT

1 unit
Boston College -3.5
Kansas -9

Pitt -2.5 & under 52
Houston -3.5 & Over 64.5
BC -3.5 & over 41

Kansas -9 & Over 58
LSU +4 & Over 52.5

Good luck guys, stay safe tonight. :cheers:

On all the same, except LSU...like tech in that one.

Not any good at totals, but will look at that over.

Happy New Year and good luck 3rd.

3rd - Happy New Year:cheers:
I don't do totals but I'd love it if you went 4-0 on those sides.
And are you the only one that does the 'if/reverse' bit?
What book do you use for that, may I ask ?

With 8 inches of snow already starting to come down, we are not going anywhere tonite.
GL

3rd - Happy New Year:cheers:
I don't do totals but I'd love it if you went 4-0 on those sides.
And are you the only one that does the 'if/reverse' bit?
What book do you use for that, may I ask ?

With 8 inches of snow already starting to come down, we are not going anywhere tonite.
GL

I'm old school, I use locals. I do use matchbook for a few things though.

Going to suck down a fifth or so of scotch at a house party, the wife is driving.

Happy New Year everybody. :cheers:

Gatech looked so bad, they killed your over, and my side never had a chance.

It is a new year, so let's get it back today.

Hope you come with Iowa and UGA - seems like everyone is on them, but don't care. Playing all faves today......little worried

I'm in a rare funk. I feel like I'm capping correctly and getting no breaks whatsoever. This is the worst, I'd rather be dead wrong on a play than have some cosmic bullshit keep me out of the win column. Maybe my severly hungover state will swing things my way today.

1.5 units
Iowa -3.5
Penn St +9.5
Cincinnati -2.5

1 unit
Georgia -7.5
Clemson -2

1 to win 4 units reverse
Georgia -7.5 & Under 55
Cincy -2.5 & Over 42

.5 to win 2 reverse
Penn State +9.5 & Under 45
Iowa -3.5 & Under 43

1.2 to win 1 unit teaser
Penn St +15.5 & Georgia -1.5

Drank way too much last night, gonna keep on drinking all day today!

Single malt scotch :smiley_acbe:

Good luck everybody, here's to a New Years Day sweepola! :cheers:

I'm going to play Penn St on the ML for 2 units, but I'll wait until the squares start chasing and drive the line up. I'll post my play later when I lock in.

Last edited:
On all the same sides except Clemson. Gonna pick up where I left off last night as well - heading down the street soon for a NYD party. What a great day to do nothing but drink and watch sports. What kind of scotch were you drinking?

On all the same sides except Clemson. Gonna pick up where I left off last night as well - heading down the street soon for a NYD party. What a great day to do nothing but drink and watch sports. What kind of scotch were you drinking?[/quote]

I honestly don't know, my best friend married a girl from Scotland, and he has a stockpile of really good single malt that the family supplies him with. His basement is like a mini liquor store. I'm still fucked up from last night, and I slept for about an hour. Gonna keep on drinking until the last game is done today, and then I plan on passing out up a lot of money.

Get on the Penn St ML, the last ML play I made in NCAAF was UCLA over Tenny opening weekend, this play is just as solid. :cheers:

Good luck guys, gonna plant my drunk ass on the couch and watch some winners come in. :shake:

Fuck Pete Carroll, that little troll bastard. I can't wait to see him pout like a little whiny bitch when his team gets beat today. :10_16_2:

Wasn't near a computer, but I'm on --

1.5 each
TT/Miss over 66
East Carolina -3
Utah +9.5

1 to win 4 rev
T Tech & Over 66
ECU & over 41.5
Utah +9.5 & under 45.5

Peace_5.gif

Back