3M OPEN ~ FORM SHEET

Was impressed w Straka in British, really hit a lot of quality iron shots. He missed a couple short putts which kept him out of reach of Harman. Tough to travel back and play this week though.

Was impressed w Straka in British, really hit a lot of quality iron shots. He missed a couple short putts which kept him out of reach of Harman. Tough to travel back and play this week though.
Be surprised if he ends up playing after the last two weeks, not really anything to gain. He's 15th in FedEx, certainly on the Ryder Cup team, in the Maui tournament next year. That would be a lot of travel and golf in 3 weeks.

Reactions: KJ
What was Poston thinking on 18? I get it if he’s behind by 2 and an eagle/par can get him to a playoff. But down 3 makes no sense to me. Triples the hole and falls to a T2. Curious to see how much that decision cost him…

What was Poston thinking on 18? I get it if he’s behind by 2 and an eagle/par can get him to a playoff. But down 3 makes no sense to me. Triples the hole and falls to a T2. Curious to see how much that decision cost him…
Looks like it cost him 260 grand

Looks like it cost him 260 grand
Didn’t watch last couple of hours as it seemed like a snoozer. I guess it depends on where Hodges was off the tee, on the 18th, was Poston up first? Go for eagle, put pressure on Hodges to make par, could potentially make bogey for a playoff. 260k is huge but for a slim chance of winning(these pros) it might’ve been the right play

Didn’t watch last couple of hours as it seemed like a snoozer. I guess it depends on where Hodges was off the tee, on the 18th, was Poston up first? Go for eagle, put pressure on Hodges to make par, could potentially make bogey for a playoff. 260k is huge but for a slim chance of winning(these pros) it might’ve been the right play
Hodges laid up first. He was 115 out middle of the fairway. Poston need to eagle and Hodges needed to bogey to force a playoff. A three shot swing seemed very unlikely. The ball had to have been about 12 inches below his feet in the rough (good lie however) but the shot was all carry over water to a pretty tight pin. It definitely had a Tin Cup vibe. If being a solo 2nd means nothing to him then I kind of get it, but the risk/reward looked really lopsided to me.

I didn't blame him for going for it, caught it just a touch thin and got unlucky with the carry and carom. The thing is even going in the water there you don't figure your going to make a triple so with a 3 shot lead over 3rd place it wasn't like he was taking an unnecessary risk imo.

Back