• Thread starter Thread starter Alistair
  • Start date Start date
Very Doubtful, I would assume the books would say the patriots scored 38 points and the jets scored 14 points. So that is a win on the patroit's point spread of -6. Because technically your not betting win/loss your betting the spread. So the fact that the W/L result changes, the points wouldn't change.

Money Line would be another whole issue, because then you could say you were betting Win/Loss. But they could say the money line is actually a spread inwhich whatever team scores the most points from zero(ML) wins. So they could still say the patriots scored more points.

I have no clue what they would actually say, this is just one thing they could say. But to be honest I dont see them overturning the Win to a Loss.

At best all bets would be void.... I would guess.

Depends whether they had more NE or NYJ action..lol

I don't know the answer though.

thats true jump, if all the action was on Pats, they'll probably void all. if not, probably let it go. you know how they work, lol.

I doubt they would void any bets. It would be impossible for them to void the bet and take all the money back they already paid out. Think of people who have lost all their money in their accounts or the people who have withdrawn their money. Their would be no fair way to change anything now that it has happened. I'm sure the books could care less and are looking ahead to make more money!!! Our job is to prevent them from taking our money and attacking their stockpiles of cash they have taken from other fools!!!
:36_11_6::36_11_6::36_11_6:

The book ultimately makes the call on this. The most reasonable way would be to void ALL bets on the game. But like Jump said, they can be shady.

I want my Futures Bet cashed from Super Bowl 39

Cheating bastards

I knew it was shady that they suddenly seemed to have all the answers to our defense in the second half

Bellichick should be kicked out of the NFL

The nice thing of the books to do would be to void all action on the game.

That won't happen, though.

It'll just be bad beat. Because what are they going to do about the people who cashed out? Just like Vegas, what are they going to do, ask you to bring the money back?

If I were a book, since you're really under no obligation to do anything, what I would do is give everybody who bet the Jets a free play, equal to the amount you had on them that you could use on any straight play you wanted.

Back