3/7 4 Unit Play Goes Today

Gorgolon Lives

The Reverend of CTG
Seattle Sonics +? **** 4 Units

I don't see the line moving much. Probably will go back and forth .5 all day long. I'll hope to get +3 tomorrow morning when my book posts the line. I'll post some thoughts tomorrow.

Give me 1 reason to bet Philly tomorrow, and I'll dispute the point. Sonics wins SU, bottom line.

I absolutely hate this play, to be blunt. This goes against all situational handicapping. But GL man.

Im serious, though. If someone can make one point FOR Philly today that I can't dispute, then I'll lower my wager. If it's a bad situation, and you're not betting the game, that's one thing. But I just want some reasons FOR Philly tomorrow.

believe- Allen and Lewis played 44 minutes each. They're off a huge win at MSG. Come right back to play a Philly team that is starving for wins right now and getting them. Asking a 7-22 road team to basically win SU twice in a row on the road. And Seattle will get OWNED on the boards.

Joe Smith thinks they have a shot at not only making the playoffs but winning the Atlantic Division:36_11_6:
I actually have no idea on this one just throwing reasons out there:smiley_acbe:

Philly's stock is inflated right now because of this fluke of a homestand. Ok, a win vs. PHX is solid, albeit, vs. a VERY banged up Suns team. But the other 3 wins were against Sac, Mem, and NJ. All games, which Philly was favored. And all teams that are flat out bad right now. (Sac HAS gotten their act together since the Philly loss.)

As far as the glass advantage, check the #'s. Both teams are equal.

As far as the Sonics, since Lewis has returned, and Ridnour's minutes have been reduced, the DEFENSE has picked up. Since the embarassing 30 pt loss at SA, Seattle is 4-1 SU avg 86 PPG in those games.

Last edited:
Analyzing the Sixer recent "success", a big part of that is the utilization of a dual big-man unit with Dalembert and Hunter both in the starting line-up. Unfortunately, both cannot defend away from the basket, and both are foul prone. The quicker bigs of Seattle should have a lot of success tonight.

I guess you can argue, what about the great play of Iguodala as of late? Yes, he is developing into a top 15 talent, but he will have his hands full guarding Lewis tonight. Iggy will have a lot of pressure on his shoulders not only offensively, but defensively tonight. Asking him to be your best scorer AND defender is a lot.

Last edited:
Andre Miller is playing great, right? Well he'll be guarding Earl Watson tonight. Watson is energetic and will push the ball often making Miller work hard tonight on the defensive end. Expect Miller to tire down the stretch when he is often making clutch shots in the final 2 minutes when Iggy is the main focus of opposing defenses.

As far as the Sonics in a tough spot in a b2b off an emotional win...Ok I can see that. I'm aware of that definately. But what I'm saying is, Philly DOES NOT match-up well w/ Seattle. And there is little case to play ON Philly tonight.

Thanks BAR.

I'll add: THROW OUT this Sixer 4-game homestand success. It's an absolute fluke which is why this line is 3 points off. In the 4 games of the homestand, the Sixers Turnover #'s are: 16, 20, 21, and 22 respectively. They AREN'T playing well. Their opponents have just flat out played PITIFUL.

idda love this play if wilcox didnt get hurt and nicks woulda beat seattle by DD

* Underdog is 10-1 ATS in the last 11 meetings.
<LI class=more>Road team is 10-1 ATS in the last 11 meetings.

Back