SportsNut

Breaking it down briefly
Yesterday the difference bewteen 5-0 and 3-2 was a bucket and coiuple of FT's...oh well reality is 3-2...damn Hawks!

Today:
Over 209 Washington {5units} : Look at the past few meetings the numbers are mind boggling and Tor best defensive player in Anthony Parker is OUT( the big guy may be flying back from Italy as well..so ??). Wash is healthy again and looks like the offense is coming around...Raps allowed 120 to Cle..cant lay the price with Was here after uninspiting wins vs Atl and GSW....maybe 1 unit on Raps ML for value.....

-Think I may stay away form the NYK game with so much uncertainity. Lee seems to have backed off that he will play tonite. Ray Allen is a ??? not questionable just a ??? and ridinour is out on a tam that is not deep...while the over seems to look attractive I think a 1st H under is worth a play but I'lld ecide when I know more...Under 100 1st H NYK {2units}

Lakers +2 {3units} & Under 98.5 1st H {3units}:

These teams are in disarray. Why woud Minny be counted on to win a game at this point?? At least LAL has won in Utah , GSW and played Pho tight past 3 away. Looking at the 1st H under...LAL7 straight UNDER away and Minny 3 straight UN at home...plus the OT game in Boston kinda make things appear differently...

Over 192.5 Dallas {4units} :

See no reason why Dallas doesnt play in the low 100's here as NJ has struggled away on defense..Was thinking about NJN here but DAL long rest after this game might make them abit more focused here and willing to extend minutes.. missed 190.5 last nite and had expected 104-92...worst case..

Hornets +5.5 {4units} : Played last nite remember I said Melo was having a baby and would probably miss...

Anyway if thats the case Denver is with just AI and Camby and I'll takle my chances....reallynothing more to it. NO in a funk and Paul has banged up thumb but...

Really like Sac here biut something is holding me back....maybe Indy 93 SU and 102 ATS on 2 days rest , the Artest situation , just dont know...Kings playing fairly well in Ronnie's absence so its more of a scandal then anything else....Indy has looked awful 5 straight times why would they win @ Arco now..?? other then the 2 days rest trend...they did play PHO shorthanded on 2 days rest and lost by 25 though....looking hard at SCA -4 / -4.5 but have time...

Loooking at the Under in portland. Not sure I want to fade SA but they still dont have Parker , playing B2B and 4th in 5..they have been keeping the minutes down though...could see a couple point win.

Blazers +6.5 {3units} soley based on the 2-10 ATS record of teams playing 4 in 5 and TP being doubtful....

Might still dd to the card really want to pound SAC...
.:cheers:

Last edited:
Not that I think it would really affect his minutes, but some of the Denver papers are reporting that Karl may not start Melo tonight. Something to do with his lack of being a team player and trying to send a message.

So that means at least we know he is playing which alone might make me by half my play back.....Thanks Mr.InjuryReport...BOL

Hey these days it pays to know the injury report. I probably spend 40% of my hadicapping time checking papers.

:cheers: Tonite:

Over 209 Washington {5units}
Under 100 1st Half NYK {2units}
Lakers +2 {3units}
Under 98.5 1st H Minnesota {3units}
Over 192.5 Dallas {4units}
Hornets +5.5 {3units} gonna keep this at 3 units
Blazers +6.5 {3units}
Kings -4 {4units} wait here

Thoughts:
..Passed on the Portland Under once it dipped from 181.5
..NJ +12
..NYK -2

Pull tha trigga on your home boyz SportsNut ;).

I'm on them as well, I think they molest the Sonics tonight. Lee playing would help of course....

:cheers:

Horneys +5.5 and +6.5 and waiting to see if i can get a better # on Blazers

fun doggie parlay too pays 23.5:1 horneys raptors pacers

Any idea why the Hornets have gone to 6.5 and why Dallas has been playing so bad?

Satyr - I like the way they are playing. Being here in NY though you hear about every ache and pain and that scares me. Lee doesnt seem certain to return tonite and vs a team like GSW we were lucky to escape. Then you have Nate with some stomach virus that has caused him to miss extensive time and still as of yesterday had not praticed. Eddie Curry is complaining of fatigue and didnt play the 4th q vs ATL ( didnt verify just what I read). He says its more mental then anything...uhh okay..So while Sea has not much to offer they have played better and Ray Allen at the garden surely must remind him of his Big East days.....rather wait to see whats up after the 1st H its rare NYK plays two good Or bad halves....BOL

add:

Under 26.5 -110 Eddie Curry P + R {1.5unit}:

Somewhat risky despite the fact Curry owned them up in SEA just going with this Curry is mentally fatigued angle...

Over 37 +100 Kobe P + A {1unit}

Based it on him avg 30 pt sand 6 assist last 11 games which Lamar Odom only missed one.

Over 26 -115 Josh Howard {1unit}

Dont think NJN has a good match for him

curry killed seattle last meeting and we just had a few days off

Any idea why the Hornets have gone to 6.5 and why Dallas has been playing so bad?

The only thing is maybe they had expected Melo to miss and now he is laying. I took it the other way around originally but I was guessing. Last meeting Camby didnt play and Smith did so I would say that5.5 or 6.5 is about what I would expect(5.5 last meeting in which NO won in OT). Also Paul bad wrist or thumb I cant remember which one..never know late scratch..??

Dallas I guess if anything huge win streak you cant play at peak performance the entire team....thats why losing can be good..wakeup call or take the pressure off type deal...Cle and Orl are decent teams..and Cavs ahve one of the best players in the game amd the spreads are getting out of whack..9 and 13.5....its not like these teams are bottomfeeders...more of the overvalue aspect creeping into Dallas..sometimes they tend to be better as road chalk cause they get more reasonable prices..thats why I am looking at NJ..

The Denver Post reports that Denver Nuggets head coach George Karl has grown so fed up with Carmelo Anthony’s recent play that the NBA’s leading scorer could be spending more time on the bench than on the floor.
"I think that's the next move," Karl told the Post. "I've told Melo in the last two weeks, 'I don't think you're listening. I don't think you're listening as well as you need to listen.' For me, the next step is to change the democracy back to a dictatorship."
The Nuggets are 2-4 SU and ATS since the All-Star break, not what Denver fans expected after a disappointing first half.
Anthony is averaging 28.5 points and 2.5 assists in the second half of the season, both down from his season averages of 30.4 points and 4.1 assists.
Karl’s comments followed the Nuggets’ loss to the Houston Rockets last Friday. Anthony put up 28 shots while dishing out only one assist.
The veteran coach told the Post’s Mark Kiszla that Anthony recorded more double-doubles in his one season at Syracuse than he has in four NBA seasons. He hopes that statistic remark can motivate more team play from Melo.
The Nuggets play the New Orleans Hornets on Tuesday and the Golden State Warriors on Wednesday. Anthony could potentially miss both games, as his long-time girlfriend is due to give birth to the couple’s first child on Tuesday.

curry killed seattle last meeting and we just had a few days off

True , I guess the way I am reading the situation is he saying he needs a break like a week or so to get refreshed...not that he is asking for but he sounds burntout...2 days will help but possibly with no game for 3 more days after this one Isiah limits him to like 28 minutes here...and he would have to again be perfect...also that was alot to do with Jamal Crawford feeding him running the floor..

Gkl tonight Nut. I played the Blazer and Hornies as well. Like tha Knicks in this spot, and I believe that tonight is the game that the Pacers actually compete.

Sorry guys had a rec league game myself just walked in...

add:
2nd H NYK -3 {3units}

Seattle is know to play great 1st H and disappear in the 2nd H while NYK is know to be a teamor two halves..great one and awful another

I am stuck on NO and I would not recommend getting involved if you are not. Havent been around and the line starting moving up to 6.5 before I left and now 7.5....dont be shocked if someone like Chris Paul is announced out cause he is battl;ing an injury thats my best guess..

How will we know? i was liking NO right here....Oh well

All I can say is I would rather not be involved cause the big picture shows something is going on we dont know about yet. Melo went from possibly mising to probably plahying but also getting benched , the total has gone down in a fashion condusive(sp?) with an injury and the line has risen in DEN direction..so to me it has NO has an undisclosed injury written all over...since Chris Paul was listed as probable with a sprained thumb he was my guesss

Looks like I may have fucked up changing my mind on the Minny total...last nite was thinking over today went 1st H under...slow down boyz..

i tailed ya on the josh howard bet and its absolutely FUCKED, and im down a SHIT LOAD this week. it ruins my life.

i think i just heard them say on the pregame that JR Smith is available today. could he be the reason for the line moving up?

i just never catch a FUCKING BREAK, im not betting more than i can lose. i just hate losing every fuckin god damn day. its poker and this stupid fuckin nba bull shit. had a parlay 1st half unders lal/min and sea/ny and and sea/ny barely made it and of course i cant win. alright im gonna go hoop it to relax. luckily my biggest bet of the day was over was/tor. also have lal +2, AI prop ov 33 pts/ast., cp3 under 26.5 pts/ast, butler/wright st. over 121, and ny -2. im praying for at least a couple winners.

i tailed ya on the josh howard bet and its absolutely FUCKED, and im down a SHIT LOAD this week. it ruins my life.

Sorry to hear that...I doubt in the big picture its enough to ruin your life. I have had close people in my life lose hundreds upon hundreds of thousands they didnt have. In the era internet wagering I dont think thats your situation...dont force action and take a break...and dont let it get out of hand...whats seems like alot now might like like chicken feed when you look back and the hole is 5x or 10 x deeper.....

Just mt two cents and there is at least 3 quarters of ball left.....you just never know....cakeoff ca tell you about the David Lee Prop I hit after the breal 0 pts at HALF and he cashed anyway with 14 pts...so keep hope alive..

i just never catch a FUCKING BREAK, im not betting more than i can lose. i just hate losing every fuckin god damn day. its poker and this stupid fuckin nba bull shit.

Been there...I have no problem with you voicing your aggravation...

:cheers: Tonite:

Over 209 Washington {5units} +5.00
Under 100 1st Half NYK {2units} +2.00
Lakers +2 {3units} Pending
Under 98.5 1st H Minnesota {3units} -3.30 Bad play
Over 192.5 Dallas {4units} -4.40 (102-89 sux liked it at 190.5 last nite)
Hornets +5.5 {3units} gonna keep this at 3 units
Blazers +6.5 {3units} pending
Kings -4.5 {4units}
NYK -3 2nd H {3units} +3.00
Over 98 Dal 2nd H {2units} +2.00

Thoughts:
..Passed on the Portland Under once it dipped from 181.5
..NJ +12
..NYK -2

(NJN vs DAL) - Tuesday, March 6th (8:35pm)
Josh Howard (DAL) Total Points and Rebounds in the game

Over 26 -115 {1unit} -1.15 (only 10pts & 3 reb)

LAK vs MIN) - Tuesday, March 6th (8:05pm)
Kobe Bryant (LAL) Total Points and Assists in the game

Over 37 +100 {1unit} +1.00 (hit at the start of the 4th quarter!)

SEA vs NYK) - Tuesday, March 6th (7:35pm)
Eddy Curry (NYK) Total Points and Rebounds in the game

Under 26.5 -110 {1.5units} +1.50 (15pts and 8 reb)

Last edited:
Back