SportsNut

Breaking it down briefly
I have the amazing ability to miss being 75% on the nite by losing games by 1 or 2 points and managing to be basically flat or slightily +++ !!! I made 1 bad play and that was Milw over 208. Hit Milw , Mem 1st H and game(missed 1 unit on ML) , 1st H under in Mem , Miami 1st H under and Under , Bulls over , Spurs 1st H but lost team total by 1/2 98 instead 98.5 , have the kings and actually made another stupid play on Indy anticipating the Matrix would be OUT...Thats 9-3 with a 1/2 pt moose...played the Utah Over but went Under 2nd H to wash...and played 2nd H over in NY losing by 2 points cause GSW failed to score at at all....frustrating to say the least..so 9-4 was a bucket away from 11-2...now ask how many I won that where close....ZERO! Okay thats a stretch cause mem lost in OT by 5 catching 5.5 and Bulls over landed on 197 on a 192 total BUT they had 158 to start the 4th!

Said my peace...only angry at the part of brain that decided unit size...

Early start :

Boston Celtics +6.5 {6units} ML +235{1/2} unit

SU WIN +7.18 (+3.00 for the 2nd H )

First Josh Boone is Probable battling the FLU not a big deal , then Antoine Wright is questionable aftyer missing last game with a bum elbow , most importantly Mikki Moore is a gametime decision with the FLU. I think Moores 30+ minutes are tough to replace especially if Josh Boone is less then 100%.

Boston is 21-9 ATS on the road.....The road teamis 3-0 SU this season. Boston is 6-2 ATS since Pierce's initial game back...

NJ won by 3 @ Boston , Boston won by 2 @ NJ and recently in Pierce;s 1st game back NJ won by 14.

I think Boston is settling into an 8 man rotation w/ Gomes , Rondo and Green providing a spark off the bench. NJ has received great contributions from House , Nachbar , Cliff and Willaims off there bench.

While NJ is on a win streak they beat Sac who is bad on the road where as Boston went to Arco played them tough , they beat NYK w/o Lee and needed to comeback from down 9 at half , they beat a banged up Arenas and Wash-less Butler and AJ team thanks to a barrage of 3's...Kidd 6-9 ...lol??

Think the early start could lead to a slow 1st H scoring wise and I like the Over so I may sit and pray for no points....

Al Jefferson has looked good the past 2 meetings vs NJ...29 pts /14 boards then 17 boards in the 2nd meeting...Kidd has struggled shooting in those games 1-11 then 1-7 from three...Pierce killed them last meeting playing 16 minutes and going 4-16....

BOS are 8-1 ATS in their last 9 Sat. games.

<LI class=more>Celtics are 23-8 ATS in their last 31 games as a road underdog. <LI class=more>Celtics are 25-9 ATS in their last 34 road games.<LI class=more>Celtics are 9-2 ATS in their last 11 road games vs. a team with a winning home record.<LI class=morehot>Nets are 9-2 ATS in their last 11 home games vs. a team with a losing road record. <LI class=morehot>Nets are 9-2 ATS in their last 11 games following a ATS win. <LI class=morehot>Nets are 13-3 ATS in their last 16 after scoring 100 points or more in their previous game.
South Park ...Bigger , Longer & Uncut.....always good for a laugh...:cheers:

Last edited:
You mean Boston coming home for 1 game then traveling again?

It does but they had 2 days rest for this one(short travel to place with no fan base). NJ is a spot where they are ending a 5 gm home stretch with a tough road trip ondeck..you could ask are they looking ahead to that trip and over Boston..?? I dont buy into alot of arguements I see for games...the players want to win or need to win or are tired...when a team is hot they play no matter what and when a team is bad they find a way to lose no matter whatthe situation...

Boston doing well as a road dog has been a season long trend. There bad road games have been the middle of long road trips..they have exceled ATS on zero rest...so the travel part doesnt concern me much...

Nets are playing well but there 3 wins didnt impress me...even Wash was around till NJ hit a few threes late....:cheers:

small ..looking at recent scores for both teams would len me to expect a high scoring game. I just never know how the early starts will effect the teams so I am gonna wait till halftime. I wouldnt be suprise by a slower then expected 1st Half....

Quick Update

News from Nets practice yesterday, Coach Frank says Antoine Wright will probaly not play today. Antoine says he wants to play but just cant go right now. Mikki Moore returned to practice and is said to be "fine" for today's game.

gl nut :shake:

Will not be riding the 2nd H over. Have to run out and the shooting %s are to gross for me to take something near a 100...Boston 5 for 33...and down only 5!

Good Luck all be back in abit!

adding:

2nd Boston {3units}think +3 maybe +2.5

Boston owning the offensive glass but cant make a bucket...Pierce 1-13

Nut,
can you believe that shot by Delonte? I sitting here saying he is going to miss that and i am going to win this by 1 pt after 2 NJ free throws but he nuts the shot. If we lose now after that I am going to go ape shit

Nut,
can you believe that shot by Delonte? I sitting here saying he is going to miss that and i am going to win this by 1 pt after 2 NJ free throws but he nuts the shot. If we lose now after that I am going to go ape shit

'an_horse'

i love doggies espically on the moneyline you can go 50% and still win $$$$

So SportNut is up 10 units on the day so far in the NBA. Anybody want to take wagers that he's done for the day? 'an_horse'

Thanks guys / forum ...I missed the 2nd H...I was more involved in cbb stuff while I wasnt really near my pc(modern technology is great though)...Okay so I missed the 1st Half as well...at least I looked at the play by play for the 1st H...didnt even listen to the NJ game on my radio..played the 2nd H and jetted...

I am starting to find it increasingly more amazing that I have adopted the stance of dont watch what I bet...was starting to go to grey at 32 yrs old..rather just go with the gut feel that no way Boston loses the game if NJ cant put them away when they are 5-33from the floor and crushing them on the offensive glass ...never let a team hangaround......Guess my original gameplan was correct expect a low scoring 1st H and play the 2nd H over.....I just was not gonna be around to rationalize the situation...Again in all seriousness though this is why watching the games can fuck with you....if I trusted myself I may have cashed every side possible in this game....1st H , game , 1st H under and 2nd H over..then I would feel smart...

I really didnt catch up on the game yet but Al Jeffersons 32 and 18 makes me feel like I had a clue..

The easiet bet is Redbearde and JPicks being right in saying that taking the UNDER in amount of plays I will make in a given day is a LOCK to lose money!

Doing exceptionally well in CBB and I passed on so many games....So I may take it easy tonite the NBA card wasnt thrilling..Thanks guys...Good Luck tonite....and yeah I am pretty happy right now

add:

Under 192.5 Knicks @ Hawks {3units}
Under 93.5 Knicks team total {2units}
Under 97 1st half {1.5units}

Both teams playing B2B and 5th in 7 days. The Knicks are real thin right now. There bench consists of Steve Francis who is playing with a bad knee and has barely played past 2 months , Mardy Collins , Renaldo Balkman , Jerome Jamesand Malik Rose(assuming Nate is OUT with the FLU). There starting lineup is StarBury , Q , Jefferies , Frye and Curry.

Away vs the East recently 94 , 92 , 94 , 87 , 105@ Milw and 83...all unders except Milw...

Hawks score only 89 ppg on NO rest....scored 92 last nite vs Wash who dosnt defend and thats due to 25 of 26 FT's....

BOL

Think ATLANTA is the play for many reasons one of which is the fact NYK is 1-6 SU & ATS on no rest when playing opponents on no rest....youth will be served..

Just a little fyi. Gibson is out tonight for the Cavs and they're planning on starting Hughes and Sasha Pavolich in the backcourt with Hughes and LB getting the ballhanding duties. At least according to si.com.

No one has any opinions on that crazy SA line?

Seems that TP is out but I havent confirmed....regardless I am sticking with my over lean and adding Houston ..

Over 177 {3units}
Hou +4 {2units} ML +160 {1/2 unit}

Sorry I cant be of more help just in the middle of something..BOL

GL swede...looks like an under series buts it's really not...the games are being decided but 1 or 2 points last few meetings. This total was slightily lower then those meetings. Difference here is both offenses are crisp at the moment. Spurs playing solid defense vs the worst offenses(not the decent ones) and Hou really not playing all that great DEF lately..check there ppg allowed recently...like Head and Battier from 3 last nite...thought it was time for the trend to end all the value was sucked out already...Parkers absence is both a plus and minus..

BOL

lets throw a party knicks win b2b games following a win last night :18_1_204:

if francis plays like that game in and out zeke will look like a genius well make the playoffs easy those nets suck and magic free falling

happy they won but that ruined a perfect day...

wouldnt have bet Hou. and choose to layoff Sac and LAC...

Steph just missed the layup....should have doubled up on the HOU over

forgot to thank you for telling me Drew Gooden was injury

do you have any injurie reports for the INDY-LAC game?

Sorry cakeoff wasnt paying attention...no prob glad it worked out. At least something worked out...better to be a trend playing donkey then having a clue tonite I guess....so laughable the Hawks game went over and Houston went under...better to guess then know......like I said GL would be a scary asset to have....of course I liked ORL/Over , Sac/Over and Indy/Under thankfully I passed on those 6 winners..why did TP have to be announced out...so aggravating.....

on to tmrw......BOL....

Sorry cakeoff wasnt paying attention...no prob glad it worked out. At least something worked out...better to be a trend playing donkey then having a clue tonite I guess....so laughable the Hawks game went over and Houston went under...better to guess then know......like I said GL would be a scary asset to have....of course I liked ORL/Over , Sac/Over and Indy/Under thankfully I passed on those 6 winners..why did TP have to be announced out...so aggravating.....

on to tmrw......BOL....

Nothing about trenddonkey. These series live their own lives with the rivalry, coaching and most players staying the same. Their has been tons of occasions in years past where you could make arguments pregame about PPG and defense, still went under. These teams know eachother so god damn well there will always be a 30 point quarter or less somewhere, just like in that DET vs Cavs series. Game importance, rivalry and systems. Good inside and average outside shooters....and as long as that does not change you will need a fluke 60 point quarter to carry the game over to overcome that 30 point one. And that has happened, maybe one or two times out of ten....and I will be a happy 8-2 man.
So no need calling me a trenddonkey just because you lost...

:shake:

on to tmrw......BOL....
bad luck for you today sorry
i played Indy and the Under i hope your right

trend donkey? humans are creatures of habit. if i see a trend why not play it till it proves otherwise? wrong approach? like to discuss this with you when you have a moment.

Back