3/28 Bases

E.T.G.

One of trus baby mommas
I am getting this thread up a little early because I have shit to do tonight for school that I won't end up doing because I am researching starting pitchers for preseason baseball and shit. Over the course of the night if anyone finds out who some of the other pitchers are, feel free to add them in. We will atleast have all the starting pitchers, when the Wednesday press releases come out around 11ish than some of the other pitchers can be mentioned.

Tuesday = :7_2_111:
4-5 +$17.36

I am back in the green by mistake, I had the benefit of a double play on my side on the Twins and I did a little bit of this tonight to the Gambling Gods: :bow:

LAD +115 / Tigers -135

Dodgers: Dereck Lowe (2.7era, 20innings, 11k, 2bb, 17hits) followed by Rudy Sanchez (1.93era, 9.1innings, 10k, 1bb, 4hits), and Tim Hamulack (1.13era, 8innings, 6k, 2bb, 9hits)

Tigers: Nate Robertson (3.12era, 17.1innings, 16k, 9bb, 12hits)

Dodgers are throwing out some pretty solid pitching. If Lowe could get 6innings in they have about 8 of them accounted for. Not sure who else Detroit is throwing out there. Since LAD are away I am assuming the roster will be light as well..

Pitt +120 / Reds -140

Pitt: Zach Duke (7.02era, 16.2innings, 11k, 5bb, 19hits)

Reds: Aaron Harang (6.97era, 20.2innings, 20k, 2bb, 36hits)

Harang has stuggled this spring and that is a concerning amount of hits but his K-BB ratio is very nice. Pitt could be traveling a little light and Reds w/ a full lineup here is a solid option although this is just about at the top of my limit for juice on a normal play. I think they are something like 16-9 this spring. Dice -K just quieted their bats so maybe they explode against a clearly inferior pitcher. Duke has started 5 games and gone only 16.2innings.

D Rays +140 / Phills -160

D-Rays: Scott Kazmir (7.24era, 13.2innings, 12k, 6bb, 15hits)

Phills: Bret Meyers (3.09era, 11.2innings, 13k, 5bb, 7hits)

Rays are 8-3-1 last 12 ST games and won as +140 dogs today. Kazmir has not had a favorable spring but he has shutdown stuff. Still I don't think there is enough here for the D-Rays. Meyers has had good stuff as well and they will get the edge in lineup here.

Blue Jays +110 / Indians -130

Blue Jays: Gustavo Chasin (5.93era, 13.2innings, 6k, 6bb, 16hits)

Indians: CC Sabathia (3.21era, 14innings, 10k, 3bb, 12hits)

Give me a full Indians lineup including that bull Hafner and this is a very strong play. I love Sabathia and this will be his last start before opening day. Blue Jays couldn't score a run today w/ a full lineup.

Braves +105 / Mets -125

Braves: Kyle Davies (1.93era, 14innings, 7k, 6bb, 10hits) followed by Macay McBride (3.97era, 11.1innings, 11k, 3bb, 10hits), Rafael Soriano (1.13era, 8innings, 12k, 0bb, 5hits), and Tyler Yates (5.00era, 9innings, 7k, 5bb, 10hits).

Mets: Ambiorix Burgos (8.1era, 13.1innings, 14k, 4bb, 19hits), followed by Pedro Feliciano (.82era, 11innings, 9k, 4bb, 18hits), Aaron Heilman (5.63era, 8innings, 5k, 3bb, 9hits), Billy Wagner (6.3era, 10innings, 2k, 4bb, 9hits), Chan Ho Park (7.43era, 15.1innings, 16k, 8bb, 15hits), and Jon Adkins (8.18era,11innings, 9k, 4bb, 18hits).

Buyer beware with trusting your money early in the game w/ Burgos and late in the game w/ Chan Ho Park..Overall Braves are sending out some much better pitching but don't think the lineup will be all starters.. No way I would put money on that Mets pitching.

So far the game I like the most is Cleveland w/ Sabathia getting his last ST start before opening day..

Following the Indians would be the Reds as my second strongest game.

Hopefully both of these lineups got the bats in there.

How they gonna make the D-Rays +140 LMFAO

I cashed big in em yesterday (yall saw that) and I WILL be cashing in on em big today! VIVA LA DEVIL RAYS!

Following Sabathia today will be Joe Borowski (3.86era, 7innings, 5k, 1bb, 9hits), Rafael Betancourt (6.75era, 10.2innings, 15k, 1bb, 15hits), and Aaron Fultz (5.91era, 10.2innings, 7k, 5bb, 11hits)..

Sabathia:

Makes his 5th "A" game start today vs. Blue Jays. This spring CC has tossed 1.0ip (0h, 0r, 1bb) in the Indians second spring intrasquad game. Made his 1st start on March 4 vs. the Detroit Tigers where he threw 2.0ip, 2h, 0r, bb, 3k.. Tossed 3.0ip on his start thursday, March 8 against the Phillies 3.0ip, 1h, 1r, 1k, hr... CC allowed 4 runs in his start on March 13th against the NY Mets. 4ip, 5h, 4er, bb, 4k. CC led 5 triber pitchers in a combined 5-0 shutout vs. LAD on March 18th; 5.0ip, 4h, 0r, 1bb, 2k. Last start he pitched for Buffalo against Round Rock on March 23; 6ip, 5h, 1bb, 9k..

Not too thrilled about the pitchers following Sabathia. Betancourt has a nice 15k-1bb ratio but he has surrendered 15hits in 10.2 innings. I def want Hafner and the likes in this lineup so there is some cushion for the 7th. I would be very pleased if CC went 6 in this one.

Reds are 16-9 this spring and 9-3 at the place they call home.

Following Harang today are Jared Burton (4.32era, 81.innings, 11k, 5bb, 10hits), Todd Coffey (0.00era, 9innings, 10k, 3bb, 8hits), Gary Majewski (0.00era, 1inning, 0k, 1bb, 0hits) and Victor Santos (0.00era, 11.2innings, 8k, 1bb, 5hits)

I like what I see in Coffey and Santos. Majewski will only be making his 2nd appearance of spring and that is a little concerning if they have a lead. I think they are looking for Harang to go 5innings today.

Reds bats were quiet last outing vs. Dice-K, hopefully they wake up today..

Scheduled to follow Zach Duke today is Jonah Bayliss (1.8era, 5innings, 6k, 0bb, 3hits), Marty McLeary (5.25era, 12inning, 7k, 0bb, 15hits), and Soloman Torres (14.21era, 6.1inning, 7k, 4bb, 6hits)

Pit is 3-1-1 in their last 5 games.

I kind of have to place these bets before the lineups are even out today so I am thinking about just grabbing the price now in case it changes..

I got to be in class at 12:25 and most of the lineups won't be coming out until 12:30-12:45..

Gonna take a shower and decide how much to wager on CC and the Reds

Here they are, Prob only games I will be touching today. Don't got time to research the 4:05 games and there are not any other games at 1:05 I like..

4-5 +$17.36

I am looking to cement my foot in the green today and get above .500 with my picks.

Reds got the better pitching, they are playing their ST game at the place they call home this spring where they are 9-3 (75%) at home. Soloman Torres is scheduled to pitch today and the Reds hitters are starting to smile..

Coffey and Santos have pitched great this spring as well. The price is right in my range and I feel pretty confident putting my money on the Reds today..

Reds $420 to Win $300

CC and the Indians will face off against Gustavo Chacin. Advantage: Indians. The Blue Jay bats are having trouble finding their stride as they produced 0 runs yesterday with a full lineup.. Again no lineup to go by but still feel confident enough in the Indians and Sabathia here.

Sabathia $390 to Win $300

Good Luck to all

:18_7_23:

Braves/Mets.....Atlanta lost last night & takes the bus from Kissimmee to Pt.St. Lucie to face the Mets. Kyle Davies {1-0 1.93era-14ip-12hts-4bb-11k} will start & most likely pitch 5innings & to be followed by Colyer,Mcbride,Moylan & Tyler Yates....For the most part, those four fellas have pitched well, with Mcbride looking the best & Yates the least effective, but nothing too ugly at all.

No word as of yet who starts for the Mets, as they've listed six who should see action... I've seen Burgos listed in one place, but it wouldnt surprise me if Chan Ho Park gets the call.

Park {1-1 7.43era-13inn-15hts-8bb-16k} Burgos {0-2 8.10era-13inn-19hts-4bb-14k} Feliciano,Heilman, Adkins & Wagner are also scheduled, as Feliciano has thrown extremely well, but Heilmann, Adkins & Wagner have struggled....Wags has only 2k & 4bb in 10inn so far this spring.

Pitching edge to Braves, but both squads played last night , so look for the lineups, as Im sure a few starters may be resting.

Wierd..Cards w/ no one in the lineup really vs. Berdard and a full lineup and BetJam is telling me the game is postponed w/ no line and MLB.Com just put the lineup for it

Stunk it up yesterday 4-7 ...

LAD +115 {1unit} Tied
TB +145 {1.5 units} -1.50
Cle -125 {2units} +2.00
Atl -105 {1.5units} +1.50
Pirates +125 {1unit} -1.00

2-2 +1.00 units

GL

Last edited:
Love ATL before the game, couldnt pull the trigger

Heh, I guess you can say I didn't "love" them, but I figured, a home team won yesterday on ESPN...an away team should win today :an_roll_laugh:

Giants vs Brewers

Noah Lowry vs Ben Sheets

Barry Bonds, Rich Aurillia, Randy Winn, Omar Vizquel, Ray Durham and maybe two other giants veterans have already left Arizona for San Francisco since they have Thursday off as well.

Not to sure who the Giants have in the pen, but I can tell you they all suck right now. The Giants pen is in dissaray. Benitiez will probably get an inning in and he's their best reliever at the moment. That should tell you a bit about their pen.

Not to sure of much else beyond that.

hmmm

Didn't make this bet expecting Sabathia out of the game on the 2nd pitch...

He is on both of my fantasy teams!!

:hairout:

4 PM 's

I dont have any clue about the pitchers following the starters so feel free to post it if you know it.

Anderhart vs Haren. We may see a thin LAA lineup which is starting a kid who has made just few starts above low A ball. Haren though said his last outing was due to a dead arm. Which is a common occurence in March and April. Problem is usually takes about 7-10 days to go away but who knows when this started....Lean Oakland.....

Wells vs Meche ...Gil Meche has been pretty solid so far. Well has been rocked in ML games but looked solid vs the PODS AAA team last time out. I think SD bats are QUIET after yesterdays explosion....

Prior vs Cook ...Cook is a sinkerballer which is great for Zona and Prior has already lost the 5th spot. Though you wonder if he is looking to change minds. His velocity is not anywhere near what it was. Last two outings he is went from mid 80's to high 80's with 90MPH being the high water mark. Dont forget his curveball is filthy so velocity isnt his only key....undecided

Nippert vs Danks...Danks has been okay but like many guys vying for that 5th spot he could implode today...Nippert has been okay and is still looking to impress so based on that and yesterdays comeback which gives them some momentum I lean Zona....

Sheets vs Lowry...Lowry said he is dealing with mechanical issues and that would be a concern. If SFG is real thin then MILW will be the play with a stud like SHeets.....

Padilla vs F>Hernandez...Not much of edge either way waiting for lineups...Hernandez could be thionking about Opening Day...you just never know with these guys....

4PM :

Oakland A's -130 {4.62units} (risking 6units to win 4.62) -6.00
Mariners -125 {2.5units} +2.50
Rockies +115 {1.25units} Tied pending
Royals -120 {2.5 units}-3.00
Brewers +105 {5units} +5.25
DBacks +110 {1.25 units} +1.37

3-2 +0.12 ( 5-4 +1.12 all day) 1 pending

KC is a tough call. I just think even though it was SD 'B' lineup smoking the ball yesterday that a dayt after scoring 24 the well runs dry. Wells hasnt looked good at all vs MLers....

Didnt exactly care for Zona's lineup but going with my gut anyway
:drinking: :cheers:

Last edited:
Nice info Nut, I havent had a shot to look through the 4:00 games..

Got Cleveland tied in the 9th and Cinci up 3 in the 9th

Nice info Nut, I havent had a shot to look through the 4:00 games..

Got Cleveland tied in the 9th and Cinci up 3 in the 9th

With ya on Cle probably gonna be a Tie. They dont play that 10th innning usually at this point in Spring...went Pitt for value cause the Reds shot to -145..BOL

I gotcha..

A tie is better than a loss. I am happy Cleveland shut them down after Sabathia went out so damn early. I was counting on him for 5-6innings.

Indians WIN!!!

6-5 +$617.36

I really like what I see in the A's game.. Nut appreciate the info.. Going to take a stab at this one, went lighter to ensure today is a green day.

Oakland $260 to Win $200

:cheers:

Hopefully A's pull it out vs the Vlad less Angels..

I got a project tonight after my 5:30class and than I'm off to the bar so I won't be able to get the starting pitcher up tonight. I will try to get the info up for the 1:00 games up by like 10:30am Thurs

Good Luck to everyone

:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

I dont have anything Ale . Just that its Schilling vs Santana. The other game is the battle of #5 spot canditates Brian Moehler and Darrell Rasner...those lineups should be of interest.

Last 13 games for Boston ...0 , 2 , 1 , 1 , 2 , 6 , 7 , 4 , 3 , 1 , 12 , 0 and 2 RUNS SCORED ....and the 12 is so misleading as they got 9 in 1 inning vs FLA scrubs...If they travel thin it may be tough to fade Johan Santana...

Houston is 8-3 away but not impressed by there play really while NYY is 9-2 @ Legends....

I wouldn't be surprised if the Red Sox bring the regulars tonight in Minny. The trip between the two stadiums is only 7 miles. Just ran across this great piece of literature.

March 28, 2007
Mayor's day; lunch with Dice-K

By Dan Shaughnessy, Globe Staff
FORT MYERS, Fla. -- It’s all on the line tonight for the coveted Mayor’s Cup. The Red Sox will play the Twins for the fifth and final time of spring training 2007 and the Sox (2-1-1 thus far vs. the Twins) need only a win or tie in order to regain the trophy, which symbolizes spring supremacy in this sleepy town.
All kidding aside, it almost looks as if the teams are taking the game seriously. The Sox bus doesn’t leave City of Palms Park for Hammond Stadium until 4 p.m., but Terry Francona had already sent over a lineup and it looks like Boston’s Opening Day lineup. Manny Ramirez is back after two days off with a sore throat and the rest of the Sox starters will accompany him.
The pitching matchup looks like Opening Day: Curt Schilling vs. Johan Santana.
Unfortunately Torii Hunter is not scheduled to play for the Twins. He was hit in the head by a Kyle Lohse pitch in a night game on March 2 and believes the lights at Hammond are inferior. He has vowed never to play another night game in this park and Jason Tyner will get the start in center for the Twins tonight

Good stuff J. Tough for me to back a lineup that isnt hitting though. Hunter isnt really a loss when you think of Schilling as the opponent. Without looking at past history I would be suprised to see Tori hit him well. A LH slap hitter like Tyner who is very strong defensively except when he throwsit could be a plus.....

Think I played a few games at the City of Palms Park back in my college days..not sure. I know I visited the Twins minor league complex which was a thrill for me cause my idol growing up happened to be playing for Minny...Dave Winfield...

So lets treat this as real game then and lets get some career splits....

Good work....

Crisp 8/33 , Lowell 1/8 , Lugo 4/19 , Ortiz 2/8 , Manny 3/19 , Pedroia and Youk 0/3 each , Varitek 7/16 and Drew...??

If Hunter is Out and Mauer is Out that is 2 key sticks . Really not much history bewteen Minny and Curt.....

tough call for me....Boston has the advantage on paper for sure...

Happened to see this is the "free" service play section

WUNDERDOG

Game: Boston at Minnesota (7:00 PM Eastern)
Pick: Minnesota -127

This will be the last time Santana will be offered at this price, and being his last outing of the spring, he will likely throw 6+ innings. Santana is already in regular season form, as he enters with a 1.42 ERA. Santana has only allowed 11 hits in 19 innings. The Red Sox have swung some soft bats this spring. Ortiz .196, Ramirez .250, Varitek.108, Lowell .173, Crisp .184, Hinske .216, Pena .217, Mirabelli .138. Santana certainly doesn't provide any remedy for getting these bats healthy, especially under the lights.

I can't see myself putting money on the Red Sox/Minny game. I agree that the Red Sox look to have the advantage on paper, but who am I to fade a service play. (that was a joke)

Anybody know what is going on with the Giants/Brewers game? They (mlb.com) haven't updated the score in forever.

I know I am getting bent over .....Seattle blowing an 11-3 lead in the last 2 innings!

add:

Twins -130 {2units}
Yanks -160 {3.5units}:cheers:

Oakland losing 2-0 killed my profits! The only bad decision I made though was nottrusting my gut with Zona!!! As well as with the bad feeling about KC!!

Indians WIN!!!

6-5 +$617.36

I really like what I see in the A's game.. Nut appreciate the info.. Going to take a stab at this one, went lighter to ensure today is a green day.

Oakland $260 to Win $200

6-6 +$357.36

Ehh what you going to do. Haren pitched well, the A's forgot they had to play offense today..

I can walk away today with more money than I had yesterday so no complaints.

I stopped home real quick to change b4 I hit the bar up. I get out of class @ 9:15 tomorrow so by 10:15-10:30 most of the shit will be up for the 1:00 game. Looking to strike w/ 2 games again and forget that there are games on at 4:00

GL all, btw great info on that Boston game..

yoyioyoyo..

bout to pass the fuk out got 8am but pitchers up by 10:30..let win syum cash babvy

:cheers:

Back