3.25 mlb

brewer

Fan Club of any and everyone good!
First things first ... fuck matchbook for its down time prior to the 1st game of MLB.

On to the game at hand. Here are the career numbers the oakland and boston batters vs the opposing starting pitchers lifetime (Renew and I put this together in another thread).

Oakland
1. Travis Buck, RF 1/4 1k
2. Mark Ellis, 2B 1/4
3. Jack Cust, DH 1/2 1bb, 1k
4. Emil Brown, LF 1/3 1 double, 1k
5. Bobby Crosby, SS 0/3
6. Daric Barton, 1B NEVER FACED
7. Kurt Suzuki, C NEVER FACED
8. Jack Hannahan, 3B NEVER FACED
9. Chris Denorfia, CF or Ryan Sweeney, CF NEVER FACED, NEVER FACED

Boston
1. Dustin Pedroia, 2B 1/5 double, 1bb
2. Kevin Youkilis, 1B 2/10 1 rbi, 2bb, 3k
3. David Ortiz, DH 5/12 1hr 2rbi, 2bb, 2k
4. Manny Ramirez, LF 8/12 2 rbi, 2bb, 1k
5. Mike Lowell, 3B 3/11 4rbi, 1bb
6. J.D. Drew, RF 3/9 1rbi
7. Jason Varitek, C 4/14 1 double, 1bb, 3k
8. Jacoby Ellsbury, CF 1/3 1k
9. Julio Lugo, SS 5/21 2 double, 2rbi, 3k

gonna get some food and drink and be back with thoughts and bet(s).

if anyone else got thoughts to add that already havent been heard on the board on this game please do so. :shake:

Last edited:
his delivery is kind of wierd and can be misleading... and I also so fuck you to matchbook but I got pinny as a back up so its not as bad.

To me it looks like Dice-K releases the ball with a twisting motion, like he's opening a doorknob...Also, fuck Matchbook!

Think Emil Brown could start in CF , Cust in LF and Sweeney @ DH....

Dice-K delivery is more akward then deceptive but I am sure it's not easy to pickup the ball and you have to try and make sure to sit back and dont "jump" at his delivery....I think anything out of the ordinary can belabeled deceptive cause its unusual

quotes ...

1. David Ortiz [stats] didn’t hit, his head still spinning from the jet lag, while young colts such as Jacoby Ellsbury bounced all over the field as if they had boundless energy.
  2. “I’ll be nervous,” said second baseman Dustin Pedroia [stats], who is expected to bat leadoff in the opener.
  3. We’ll play two games, go back to the U.S. and get ready.
  4. Coming away from here with one, two or zero wins isn’t a topic that tickles Ramirez’ mathematical funny bone.
  5. <!--//div ids are needed for dynamically setting display options//-->“It’s a long season. We’re not worried about that,” he repeated.

Does the jet lag, the nerves for both teams, and the fact that oakland has not faced dice-K very much at all, and the deceptiveness edge that he'll have over them (like you guys talked about above)...

warrant a play at the underr?

:popcorn:

I think Im leaning towards the 1st 5-- Under 5, since I've got it at even $$, and both teams may get off to a slow start..
Whatd you end up lockin in on brewer?

Last edited:
dont like hearing any of those quotes from the boston papers.

ortiz not "right" due to flight
their leadoff man nervous
calling the opening 2 games of the season just some two games? then they basically start the "real" season back in states in a week.
manny being manny and not caring bout the number of wins they go back to the states with.

gets me to like the new look A's to taketh the dubya from the defending WS champs.

if ortiz and manny are out of it i have no idea who is gonna rake in all the runs for boston. lowell? Many of the A's have never seen Dice K and if they have its in few at bats. however, hes got the pressure of an entire country on him to perform out of this world. could see this adrenaline rush really hurting him and limiting him to 4 or 5 innings tops.

gets me leaning to ...

oak -1.5 +240
oak +150

I know you didn't ask me Cap...but I ended up taking the full game under (I don't fuck with 1st 5...but 5u @ E sounds like a strong play)

I know you didn't ask me Cap...but I ended up taking the full game under (I don't fuck with 1st 5...but 5u @ E sounds like a strong play)

Naw man, glad to hear from you, It was open to anyone really.
:shake:

Good to see your on the same side... and having similar thoughts.
im lockin in on it now, along with the full game under.

GL to us.. :shake:

gonna wait for all the redsox homers to wake up and bet the sox ... giving me a juicier dog. lol.

lol.....moved 2 big cents on my book, up to +142....and youve still got a much better line then me.

Guess you may have to wait it out till right up to gametime for the boston "masshole" money to pour in and line to move.... I think id rather just sleep. GL.

Back