SportsNut

Breaking it down briefly
Not sure why this line is out but J O'Neal was supposed to be out a week and is listed as questionable tmrw. To me he is extremely doubtful. So grabbing that 4 or 4.5 seems enticing when Philly is streaking and Indy is in a funk playing w/o its best player.....if O'Neal is OUT no way that line holds....

Forward/center Jermaine O'Neal aggravated a persistent knee injury on Wednesday, but contrary to prior reports that had him out for a week, he is officially listed as questionable for Saturday's game against Philadelphia.

"It was actually pretty sore before the game," O'Neal said after the game Wednesday night. "The question is when I am going to get back onto the court. Hopefully I can play in the next few games," he said. "I've been trying to stay with it, but it hasn't really gotten any better. It's gotten worse." O'Neal has missed seven games this season and plans to have the knee examined Thursday, although results were not expected to be released before Thursday night or Friday. Owners have to hope for the best with JO right now, but it sounds like he's a long shot to play on Saturday at this point and could miss at least a few games.

Looking @ NYK since Wiz dont play defense. NYK is uncanny 5-0 ATS on 3 or more days rest as well. Off a tough loss I would expect them to battle. Lee is out most probably.

bucks have been tough at home since they got healthy. With King James heating up though small lean towards Cavs....

Not really interested in Utah or Minny games....BOL

I actually agree with brewers...should be a Cavs win as this is a good opportunity for Cleveland to make some ground on Detroit....

Even if Oneal plays thats still too many points for the Sixers...They are on fire and should be able to hang with the Pacers.....What would prompt anyone to want to make a play on the Pacers...I will buy the sixers now and sell them back for a middle if the line gets to crazy...I cant see how the Pacers take this one....

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width=698 align=center><TBODY><TR><TD class=statline1 style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 10px" vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #000 1px solid" width="40%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD>Jamaal Tinsley, G, Indiana Pacers</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 10px" vAlign=bottom align=right ;>Saturday 3/10, 7:01 AM CT</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=statline1 style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px">Jamaal Tinsley appears unlikely to take part in this evening's game, according to the Indianapolis Star. He missed practice yesterday a with an unspecified condition.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=statline2 style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 10px" vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #000 1px solid" width="40%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD>Jermaine ONeal, F, Indiana Pacers</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 10px" vAlign=bottom align=right ;>Saturday 3/10, 6:59 AM CT</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=statline2 style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px">An MRI revealed that Jermaine O'Neal has a sprained left knee, according to the Indianapolis Star. He'll have the joint examined next after Wednesday's game, so he won't play again until at least later next week.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=statline1 style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 10px" vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #000 1px solid" width="40%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD>Marquis Daniels, G, Indiana Pacers</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 10px" vAlign=bottom align=right ;>Saturday 3/10, 6:56 AM CT</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=statline1 style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px">The Indianapolis Star reports that Marquis Daniels likely will miss another four games. He's still dealing with tendinitis in his left knee.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Hey Sportsnuts, I saw this line yesterday and put in a teaser along with Ohio State.

I have PHL +10 and OHIO ST -0.5.

Odds pay 5 to 6.

The only reason I teased these plays are that I'm not sure how if PHL will be tired heading into this game and may be in for a huge letdown after manhandling Kobe and Co. Having said that, having J. O'Neal out of the lineup will definitely help my cause. I still think PHL has a good chance of sneaking into the playoffs if they continue this hot streak. Wonder if A.I. is regretting leaving PHL afterall?

Hey Sportsnuts, I saw this line yesterday and put in a teaser along with Ohio State.

Odds pay 5 to 6.

The only reason I teased these plays are that I'm not sure how if PHL will be tired heading into this game and may be in for a huge letdown after manhandling Kobe and Co. Having said that, having J. O'Neal out of the lineup will definitely help my cause. I still think PHL has a good chance of sneaking into the playoffs if they continue this hot streak. Wonder if A.I. is regretting leaving PHL afterall?

haha at Philly sneaking the playoffs with 38 losses and 20 games left

Last edited by a moderator:
Nut,

I played the Sixers +4 as well. O'Neal confirmed out for 3 games and looks like Daniels is gonna miss and poss Tinsley. I made the Pacers a small fav with the assumption that O'Neal may play and Tinsley was playing. Only thing going against Phila here is the B2B.

Nut,

I played the Sixers +4 as well. O'Neal confirmed out for 3 games and looks like Daniels is gonna miss and poss Tinsley. I made the Pacers a small fav with the assumption that O'Neal may play and Tinsley was playing. Only thing going against Phila here is the B2B.
yeah i took em yesterday knowing at worst i can always hedge and at best i can try to middle if i dont like the bet anymore only thing that scares me sixers going on the road for the first time in a long time and b2b

yeah i took em yesterday knowing at worst i can always hedge and at best i can try to middle if i dont like the bet anymore only thing that scares me sixers going on the road for the first time in a long time and b2b

Yeah, I don't like the B2B in this spot, but who are the Pacers to be favored against anyone at this point? I think we'll know pretty early on if the Sixers have their legs...

game down to 3.5 at most shops.

Odds pay 5 to 6.

Like the teaser....BOL

Cleveland is a sucker bet tonight. I won't play Milwaukee but thats as fishy of a line I have seen in some time.

Yeah, I don't like the B2B in this spot, but who are the Pacers to be favored against anyone at this point? I think we'll know pretty early on if the Sixers have their legs...

game down to 3.5 at most shops.

I realize the injuries for Indy right now, but the pacers are 18-12 at home...I think they deserve to be favored here...

Tonite :

NYK +7{4units} ML +260 {1/4 unit}
Under 1st H 104.5 NYK {2units}

Over 205.5 Memphis {3units}
ML+150 Memphis {3units}

Sixers +4.5 {6units} ML +150 {2units}(2nd H under?)

Bucks PK {4units}

With NYK thought it was a great spot after some rest to bounce back from the tough loss. Washington showed that despite improvement and health they dont or wont play defense. Butler is alos listed as questionable. Looking for another slow start..

Taking a shot with MEM ML cause at least they are healthy. They have NO wins in B2B situations so that alone makes it a bad beat . Forget there 3 road wins and awful road streak. Thing is does CHAR have anything going for them??? I gamble they run up and down the court which benefits MEM rather then lay a game in the 90s which would benefit Char...

Sixers well I gave the headsup with that last nite. Philly expecting to win is tough but this is the game not Cle that should have everyone on teh dog.

With MILW the line SHOULD be -1.5 and since the market is movinga correct line I faded themove. Bucks have been tough as hell athome and I will take my chances. Cavs on a roll but there not exactly steam rolling teams....lean over waiting till half....:cheers:

Last edited:
dont like SportsNut anymore hes mean didnt pm me back

Sorry bro. Had so little time today...trying to squeeze a nap in before I go out tonite....

I think you could pass on my advice anyway. I seriously spent 15 minutes last nite and 15 minutes today looking at the NBA...just went off the cuff....:cheers:

I honestly have no opinion on Utah and NO...barely looked at it. Jazz are on fire dont know how the Hornetys come out afetr last nite...If it wasnt for this recent stretch I would be probably be Oon NO...but Jazz are streaking...thinking I like the under though...

hornies suck i should of known better to take them in the 1st half not full game i pulled a SportsNut :hairout:

okur meaningless 3 with 5sec left almost fucked me lucky they let mason get a layup so i could win by .5 im still mad at myself for not making the right bet betting them in the 1st half tho

nice night SportsNut you were on the right side of everygame even tho the fucks fucked you good job

Good nite. I cant ever walk away totally happy though cause of the tough losses. I can deal with getting screwed on a small play on the 2nd H Under in Philly. To lose Milw though...thats an 8.5 unit swing....and really allows me a perfect nite....but I am happy just not satisfied.....Proud of Sixers delivering though

Who knows if I get involved tonite. I just walked in didnt go to bed till about 7 AM...so I am not sure I want to cap the NBA....will see...BOL

Back