2nd Bowl play-- Holiday Bowl

tee*dub

Head of Loggerhead Turtle Society
Bowl record

ATS, 1-0, +4000
HT, 1-0, +2000

Total, 2-0, +6000

Big night last night hitting game and 2H with central Mich.

Texas -1.5, -115, 4 units ; 2300-2000 WIN

Add:

Texas 1h pk, -120, 2 units; 1200-1000. WIN
UNder 2H 30.5, -115, 4 units; 2300-2000.. LOSS

Quick thoughts:
  • Originally leaned Ariz St but feel pretty good on Texas after looking closer
  • Ariz St had one decent win over Cal but they were in a slide at the time so I really don't think Ariz St had a true quality win
  • Played two teams of Top 15 quality and got beat soundly by both, (USC and a healthy Oregon).. What I am saying is Ariz St is in this Bowl because of a favorable schedule and an overload of home games.
  • Ariz state has two Key players out on Defense- Wooten and Barrett and Texas is going to exploit this defense in many ways IMO
  • Will turnovers be near even? That is tricky because Mccoy is careless at times. My bet is dependent on McCoy having no more than one bonehead play per half.. More than that and we are in trouble. If he plays a clean game, I don't think it will be close.
  • Motivation-- Feel Texas is very motivated to play a higher ranked team in a prime-time setting. Talent edge goes to Texas without a doubt. Texas has USC type talent--- ArizSt was outclassed by USC like they will be tonight.
Lean the over but no play there. GL guys.:cheers:

Last edited:
Line now dropped to -1.5, -110... should have waited a bit longer I guess.. Does this surprise anyone else? I hope the F*&%K I didn't miss a last minute injury report... Thoughts Sportnut, if you are around?
:4_12_12:

I'm torn because while I think Texas is more talented, they're somewhat of an enigma. They've yet to play a full four quarter game and the best football they've played was in a loss to OU fumbling on the goalline late in the third quarter with what would have been a go ahead TD.

X's and O's wise this is a poor matchup for Texas because they struggle against good passing offenses. Okie State, Tech, etc. But I don't know that ASU has wideouts as good as Dez Bryant, Adarius Bowman, Michael Crabtree, and Malcom Kelley. Perhaps they won't need them considering TAMU torched Texas through the air. Ofcourse that's a rivlary game.

The bottom line is, if you think Texas comes out motivated then you have to play Texas. If you think they'll be flat like they have been much of the year with the exception of the Oklahoma game and maybe Texas Tech, then ASU is definitely the play.

For me, I think the over is the play since I can't see either team not getting into the 30's.

By the way, Duane Akina has been told this is his last game as DC as Brown already has candidates in mind. Akina has been given the option to remain as DB coach (he's had 3 Thorpe award winners). Which may mean a looser, more blitzing Texas defense than we've seen to this point. Obviously that means more big plays for both the offense and defense. My lean is the over 62. Hopefully the Horns pull it out.

Good Luck bro.

While the line drop is a minor concern I wasnt all that suprised. Texas is viewed as a disappointment where ASU was thinking big bowls even late in the year. Remember technically we had the lower ranked team UT 319 laying chalk to the #11 ranked team on a neutral field.

On a roll. Pressing.

UNder 2H 30.5, -115, 4 units; 2300-2000..

Texas gets conservative and ASU needs alot of help to score quick.

Back