'23-24 Season Tracker

FWIW- I am not making actual plays here, just tracking. Still trying to size up what it is that Moneypuck and Vegas are getting into now together. The fact that MP projections can swing around 5% over night, to virtually line right up with Vegas Moneylines has been concerning to me. So I'm trying to track the lines with the most egregious movements.

Thoughts and perspectives on the above plays:

There are 2 plays tonight that had a 7% edge against the opening lines yesterday afternoon. Buffalo -115 which has dropped to -110 in most places, and Dallas -130 which hasn't moved on Fanduel, but other books have it -135 or higher.

From a pure feel for the game perspective, I like both teams at these prices in these situations regardless of a +EV edge. Six Sabres skaters enter tonight's contest with a point streak of three or more games. No other NHL team has more than four active players with a point streak of at least three games. Guys like Tage Thompson are ready to explode and could see it against some of the slower Flyers D-men. Hart is the wild card that could steal it.

The only other team to start the season worse than Calgary is San Jose. They're at home but Dallas isn't the kind of team you feel good about facing in a get-right game. Maybe this goes to OT? I think this is also where the Stars' secondary guys like Marchment and Duchene get going as well. They've been a little unlucky as shown in their xG. Oettinger has given up 10 goals in 2 starts against Calgary, but these are different teams and times.

A friend of mine's response:

So let's test this theory: I am playing a $10 Free Bet (+504) Parlay built as this:
  • Buffalo Sabres ML
  • Tage Thompson 3+ SOG
  • Dallas Stars ML
  • Matt Duchene 2+ SOG
Buffalo has put up the following SOG over the last 5 games (in reverse order): 29 (W), 27 (L), 24 (W), 37 (L), 42 (L)
Tage has put up the following SOG over those same 5 games (in reverse order, also): 1, 1, 3 (2G), 0, 0
Despite the low-ish SOG totals for Tage, he is averaging 4 SOG/GM over the season, so I like your hunch that he's due for a night. The only thing stopping me from taking him at 4+ SOG is the fact that the Flyers are 4th in the NHL this season in SA/GP, with 28.0. I didn't want to take him for a PPP, the Sabres are getting caved in with a man-up lol.

My logic for Dallas has followed suit, here are some counting stats over the last 5 games (in reverse order): 33 (W), 32 (L), 34 (W), 25 (W), 24 (W)
Duchene has done pretty average, though (in reverse order): 1 (1G), 1, 1, 0, 0
Despite that, he's averaging 2.29 SOG, and Calgary gives up 10th most in the league at 29.2, which might as well be the mean. I would think he'd be inclined to shoot, Markstrom is sporting a .901 SV% and Calgary is the 5th worst team in GA/G at 3.67. I'd imagine he gets most of his minutes against Gilbert / Zadorov (and some Hanifin / Tanev), since Weegar / Andersson will be getting the bulk of dealing with Robertson / Hintz / Pavelski.

11/2 Thursday

FLA -107
CAR +106
CBJ +145
NJ -122
EDM -125
WPG +145

Last edited:
Thoughts and perspectives on the above plays:

There are 2 plays tonight that had a 7% edge against the opening lines yesterday afternoon. Buffalo -115 which has dropped to -110 in most places, and Dallas -130 which hasn't moved on Fanduel, but other books have it -135 or higher.

From a pure feel for the game perspective, I like both teams at these prices in these situations regardless of a +EV edge. Six Sabres skaters enter tonight's contest with a point streak of three or more games. No other NHL team has more than four active players with a point streak of at least three games. Guys like Tage Thompson are ready to explode and could see it against some of the slower Flyers D-men. Hart is the wild card that could steal it.

The only other team to start the season worse than Calgary is San Jose. They're at home but Dallas isn't the kind of team you feel good about facing in a get-right game. Maybe this goes to OT? I think this is also where the Stars' secondary guys like Marchment and Duchene get going as well. They've been a little unlucky as shown in their xG. Oettinger has given up 10 goals in 2 starts against Calgary, but these are different teams and times.
Nailed both

Flames are such a mess this year, could get ugly with the fans soon, huberdeau wasnt even on the ice at the end of the game and he has 7 more years

Even my wife stated how dead and disengaged the fans seemed. Huberdeau has had nothing but a black cloud over him since leaving Fla. I wonder what the deal is.

FLA -107
CAR +106
CBJ +145
NJ -122
EDM -125
WPG +145
VAN -1.5 (+115) .... Vancouver has won 10 straight head-to-head vs the Sharks.

11/9 Thursday:

MIN +143
VAN -112
TB -1.5 (-106)
AZ +120
WPG -0.5 (+104)

Last edited:
11/22 Wednesday (no games Tuesday):

PIT -112
NJ -110
CAR -121
BUF +170
WPG +140
PHI +175
DAL -110
SEA -1 (-118)

The system has been treading water the entire season. A few missed opportunities on big dogs are the difference between being even and down 6.

11/24 Friday:

NSH +118
LA -131
BUF -112

11/28 Tuesday:

PHI +145
MIN RL -103
NSH -105
DAL -111
EDM -139
VAN PL +104

Last edited: