2023 RL and ALT RL

number2

Pretty much a regular
Not playing the Carolina game, no ALT line for Sharks

10-27-2023

All laying 50 and to win 50

Buffalo +365 ( double bet by accident….yikes)
Devils +132 ( double bet by accident…yikes)

Vegas -123
Chicago +670

Minnesota +250
Washington +205

LA Kings +185
Coyotes +265

St.Louis +385
Vancouver +130

What do you have for average percentage of games that are non-1GG?

I've got low-to-mid 40%, but I'm including 2 goal games with an empty netter as a 1GG.

What do you have for average percentage of games that are non-1GG?

I've got low-to-mid 40%, but I'm including 2 goal games with an empty netter as a 1GG.

Curious to why you’d be including 2 goal games with an EN as a 1 goal game. That would have to throw the numbers off and doesn’t seem accurate.

Curious to why you’d be including 2 goal games with an EN as a 1 goal game. That would have to throw the numbers off and doesn’t seem accurate.
I had a notion that 1 goal games weren't as random as they appeared, so I was including the empty netters (because I wanted the team that potted the EN goal to be included in the 1GG winner data) and I've been too lazy to go back and take them out.

I had a notion that 1 goal games weren't as random as they appeared, so I was including the empty netters (because I wanted the team that potted the EN goal to be included in the 1GG winner data) and I've been too lazy to go back and take them out.
That's why I was asking @number2 what he had for the percentage, so I could continue being lackadaisical.

73 – Percentage of games decided by a one-goal margin or 2+ goals following an empty-net tally (231 of 317 GP), the highest rate at this stage of a season in NHL history.Nov 24, 2022

I'm still trying to find games decided by exactly one goal. For something so simple, it seems hard to find the data for some reason.

At least for the years of 2013-2016, it looks like somewhere between 50-55% of NHL games are decided by exactly one goal. I found how many one goal games there were in each of those seasons (667,668,709,730) and then divided by the total number of games played (1,312) to come up with those percentages. However, the total number of games may have been less due to expansion since then...but it's a rough idea and it seems like 50% is a safe percentage to come up with.

Back