2022 The Masters Contest -- Cash Prize

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
11masters-final-jackets-videoSixteenByNine3000.jpg

A tradition unlike any other, THE MASTERS!

We will be using a Modified Stableford Scoring System for this contest. This will be the 4th Masters that we have done this style. The Masters has a lot of the same names each year, so it will also make things more competitive looking for guys who can go out and get birdies and eagles!

Here is what you will do:

Pick 5 golfers

At the end of the tournament, we will use the top 4 scores you have of your 5 golfers for the week. This is whether they make the cut(s) or not. I do not know if that will come into play but it will make things interesting along the way.

The total points of your best 4 golfers for the week will be added together for your final score.

Here is the scoring system:

• Ace/Double Eagle: 8 points
• Eagle: 5 points
• Birdie: 2 points
• Par: 0 points
• Bogey: -1 point
• Double Bogey or more: -3 points

This should be a lot of fun on Sunday as we get into holes 13 and 15 with the chance of Eagle plus always a potential hole-out on 14 with the usual Sunday pin position. I added 'Ace' as well for this tournament, because we all know 16 is there for the taking on Sunday.

We'll use a tiebreaker system as well in case it is needed.

Example Entry

1. Justin Thomas
2. Tyrell Hatton
3. Tiger Woods
4. Brian Harman
5. Jon Rahm

Tiebreaker #1 = Total score in relation to par (i.e. -12)
Tiebreaker #2 = Lowest round of the tournament (i.e 65)

***If we still have a tie, we will split the pot.
***Entries due 7:00am eastern, April 7th 2021
***Edits may be made till first tee shot

Strategy:

This will be a fun test because you will need to mix your team with some solid guys, others you know will make the cut and perhaps a golfer or two who could help with lots of birdies and eagles.

I changed this to 5 golfers this year, instead of 6 just to make things a bit easier scoring-wise.

Have fun with this. This is a personal donation to the pot from myself and @HUNT . We like these contests and they generally get great reception. I feel like a little reward for all the great work you all do for this place. Thanks.

Prize:

1st : 150.00
2nd: 50.00

Last edited:
1. Will Zalatoris
2. Sam Burns
3. Scottie Scheffler
4. Cam Smith
5. Victor Hovland

Tiebreaker #1 -13
Tiebreaker #2 65

Thank you for running the contest CTG and to BAR for donating!

View attachment 63908

A tradition unlike any other, THE MASTERS!

We will be using a Modified Stableford Scoring System for this contest. This will be the 4th Masters that we have done this style. The Masters has a lot of the same names each year, so it will also make things more competitive looking for guys who can go out and get birdies and eagles!

Here is what you will do:

Pick 5 golfers

At the end of the tournament, we will use the top 4 scores you have of your 5 golfers for the week. This is whether they make the cut(s) or not. I do not know if that will come into play but it will make things interesting along the way.

The total points of your best 4 golfers for the week will be added together for your final score.

Here is the scoring system:

• Ace/Double Eagle: 8 points
• Eagle: 5 points
• Birdie: 2 points
• Par: 0 points
• Bogey: -1 point
• Double Bogey or more: -3 points

This should be a lot of fun on Sunday as we get into holes 13 and 15 with the chance of Eagle plus always a potential hole-out on 14 with the usual Sunday pin position. I added 'Ace' as well for this tournament, because we all know 16 is there for the taking on Sunday.

We'll use a tiebreaker system as well in case it is needed.

Example Entry

1. Justin Thomas
2. Tyrell Hatton
3. Tiger Woods
4. Brian Harman
5. Jon Rahm

Tiebreaker #1 = Total score in relation to par (i.e. -12)
Tiebreaker #2 = Lowest round of the tournament (i.e 65)

***If we still have a tie, we will split the pot.
***Entries due 7:00am eastern, April 7th 2021
***Edits may be made till first tee shot

Strategy:

This will be a fun test because you will need to mix your team with some solid guys, others you know will make the cut and perhaps a golfer or two who could help with lots of birdies and eagles.

I changed this to 5 golfers this year, instead of 6 just to make things a bit easier scoring-wise.

Have fun with this. This is a personal donation to the pot from myself. I like these contests and they generally get great reception. I feel like a little reward for all the great work you all do for this place. Thanks.

Prize: 100.00 via PayPal

I will match your 100.00

first off BIG thanks to B.A.R and Hunt for the donations and running this contest

here is my winning team, yeah that’s right y’all playing for 2nd

1-Tyrrell Hatton
2-SW Kim
3-Daniel Berger
4-Xander Schauffele
5-Corey Conners

Tiebreaker #1: -12
Tiebreaker #2: 66

SCHEFFLER
RAHM
JOHNSON
THOMAS
MORIKAWA
TIEBREAKER -13
TIEBREAKER 65
........................................................................... AND GO VOLS!

Last edited:
Thx guys for the free contest & donation-

1. B Koepka
2. Cam Smith
3. Victor Hovland
4. Collin Morikawa
5. Dustin Johnson

Tiebreaker #1 -16
Tiebreaker #2 64

I'll get on this tonight... hopefully finish it out...

Got an event to attend then be on it.

That last hole double by Scottie may have tightened things up

Not crunching numbers, just looking at final standings and taking best 4 from groups....

Sawnova10 looks like the one to beat, his top 4 finished W, 2, T3, T12 - that's a big time performance.

Battle might be for second place:

jxd1945 had W, T3, T8, T12
GATORSUX had W, 5, T8, T12
RBTrojan went W, T3, T6, T27
Bench Coach went W, T3, T8, T27
UTSUX had W, T3, T8, MC

My best four went T3, T3, T6, T8.....no winner but the best #4 spot, also my -9 gives me a killer tiebreaker. Probably not enough to catch those with a T12 for 4th.

Last edited:
Back