2022 NFL Draft Discussion

I'm all for trading down and picking up picks in the next draft. Hopefully Joe Douglas agrees with me and doesn't screw up this draft.

In my opinion, Willia isn’t even 1st round worthy. If this draft hand the normal amount of QB prospects or had a decent amount of talent, Willis is a 2nd day pick at best.
Imo he's the best QB in this draft and it isn't close

Possibly the only game changer, highlight the word possibly because he could fail in the wrong situation. He could also be a pro bowl type for years in the right place.

Imo he's the best QB in this draft and it isn't close

Possibly the only game changer, highlight the word possibly because he could fail in the wrong situation. He could also be a pro bowl type for years in the right place.
I think he is the best QB coming out but when there’s nothing coming out at this position, even an ugly girl can look like a 10 when they’re all butt ugly

Last edited:
I think he is the best QB coming out but when there’s nothing coming out at this position, even an ugly girls can look like a 10 when they’re all butt ugly
Very plus on deep balls and can move the pocket which is ideal in today's game

Again, needs the right situation

The Jets are open for business for any team that wants Willis. At the low cost of 3 first rounders he’s all yours. The first three picks should stay put so the Jets can capitalize on another teams stupidity like they did to Seattle in the Jamal Adams trade.

I guy I respect that is a Saints fan says they should get Pickett. I don’t know man.

His big reasoning is as such:

You get 1st round QB talent on a good team (not the 1 pick etc) it’s basically bargain money. The floor is Stafford(with all that relent around).
Meaning you can win with a top 10-15 type QB talent.

I guy I respect that is a Saints fan says they should get Pickett. I don’t know man.

His big reasoning is as such:

You get 1st round QB talent on a good team (not the 1 pick etc) it’s basically bargain money. The floor is Stafford(with all that relent around).
Meaning you can win with a top 10-15 type QB talent.
The Saints are a good situation for a young QB but I think they can win with a healthy JW.

Agree. I really hope we go WR or someone to replace Armstead. JW is a solid QB and I'd rather build around him honestly.

Got to remember some of these front office guys are on 1-2 year leashes. Can't think like a fan.
These moves are exactly why the same teams lose. These are future backup QBs coming out. They are of the Blaine Gabberts and Marcus Mariotta’s of this world and that might be too high of praise. Lets be real about what’s coming out.

These moves are exactly why the same teams lose. These are future backup QBs coming out. They are of the Blaine Gabberts and Marcus Mariotta’s of this world and that might be too high of praise. Lets be real about what’s coming out.
But that's something we can say about every year

Again if you're a GM or coach that has one year to succeed, why would you care about anything but making this draft about winning now? We don't know if one of these guys will turn out to be a starter and have a productive career. All about the organization. Pickett to Pittsburgh would be great imo, him with most teams wouldn't.

I feel the QB position is the easiest to evaluate while others struggle with it. When there’s question marks at the collegiate level those don’t go away at the pro level. Some struggled with the choice between Tua and Herbert, I thought it was a no brainer Herbert was better. How Mahomes was passed up especially by the 9ers might have been the biggest whiff in draft history. I can go on and on with QB’s. Pickett at best will be at the level of Cousins. Willis in my opinion will be a backup in 3 years.
If a GM gives up future 1st round picks for either of these 2 QB’s they should be fired on the spot and not given 1 year to succeed.

I feel the QB position is the easiest to evaluate while others struggle with it. When there’s question marks at the collegiate level those don’t go away at the pro level. Some struggled with the choice between Tua and Herbert, I thought it was a no brainer Herbert was better. How Mahomes was passed up especially by the 9ers might have been the biggest whiff in draft history. I can go on and on with QB’s. Pickett at best will be at the level of Cousins. Willis in my opinion will be a backup in 3 years.
If a GM gives up future 1st round picks for either of these 2 QB’s they should be fired on the spot and not given 1 year to succeed.
We live in an era where 1/3 of the coaches will not be coaching the following year, think if I was one I'd want an unknown as opposed to a known career backup like what Pitt and Seattle have right now.

And I'll simply disagree on Willis, didn't know much about him originally but man he's got the goods and the smarts (I think). What don't you like about him?

We live in an era where 1/3 of the coaches will not be coaching the following year, think if I was one I'd want an unknown as opposed to a known career backup like what Pitt and Seattle have right now.

And I'll simply disagree on Willis, didn't know much about him originally but man he's got the goods and the smarts (I think). What don't you like about him?
When I watch his throwing mechanics he’s stiff and uses more upper half when he throws. This type is pretty common with those who have not panned out in the NFL. The level of competition is a concern. Can he comprehend pre and post snap reads? He resorted to running very quickly when his 1st read wasn’t open. That’s probably the biggest read flag I have. Maybe the greatest recent comparison is Trey Lance. Lance showed to be 1 read and run. You could see Shanahan designing 1 look plays for Lance and then ultimately removing him entirely from play packages.
We’ll see. We need good QB’s to make this game great.
Regarding the Lions, i think much better off sticking with Goff and if they end up drafting high again, take a shot at a better class of QB’s coming out next year.

When I watch his throwing mechanics he’s stiff and uses more upper half when he throws. This type is pretty common with those who have not panned out in the NFL. The level of competition is a concern. Can he comprehend pre and post snap reads? He resorted to running very quickly when his 1st read wasn’t open. That’s probably the biggest read flag I have. Maybe the greatest recent comparison is Trey Lance. Lance showed to be 1 read and run. You could see Shanahan designing 1 look plays for Lance and then ultimately removing him entirely from play packages.
We’ll see. We need good QB’s to make this game great.
Regarding the Lions, i think much better off sticking with Goff and if they end up drafting high again, take a shot at a better class of QB’s coming out next year.
Tyler Van Dyke is far better than any QB in this draft.

Deebo wants out of san fran

Wonder if 49ers pick up some picks next week
Just responded to someone on FB, if they do trade him it's got to be Jets or Texans with all that draft capital right?

Hard to see them trading him to an NFC team

Just responded to someone on FB, if they do trade him it's got to be Jets or Texans with all that draft capital right?

Hard to see them trading him to an NFC team

Texans need way more than a Deebo to get better! They better not trade all those draft picks for 1 guy, who IMO wont do shit here with what we have.
They need to build their roster again, including a QB. At least for now, the Jets have one, would be a better fit for him too. His years will just get wasted
here like many players

My book has a prob I'm debating on hitting hard, but shit, some/lots of teams are so desperate
O/U 3.5 Qbs selected 1st round

want to play the under, but at -275
Outside of Willis top 10 and Pickett around 20, who can find value in anyone else? Virtually entire NFC South needs QBs and it helps that Corral is SEC but what else is there?

After saying that Howell will go in the first round to some dumpster fire but what a strange draft

Outside of Willis top 10 and Pickett around 20, who can find value in anyone else? Virtually entire NFC South needs QBs and it helps that Corral is SEC but what else is there?

After saying that Howell will go in the first round to some dumpster fire but what a strange draft

and thats what my worry is. I dont see any QB worth a 1st round this year, but these GM's see as many as 4, lol. The reach is long my friend, and thats what my hold up is at laying -275 vs desperate GMs

This isn't a strange draft its one completely void of sure things and impact talent. You know the kind of draft the Jets have tons of picks in.

and thats what my worry is. I dont see any QB worth a 1st round this year, but these GM's see as many as 4, lol. The reach is long my friend, and thats what my hold up is at laying -275 vs desperate GMs
I bet the under 3.5 QBs a few weeks ago and if I'm any indicator you should probably stay away. I'm still bitter that I lost my bet on Jalen Hurts not getting drafted in the second round.

Only real thing I'm convinced of is Willis going top 10 but that ain't gonna pay the bills

It's not out of sorts to think that Willis, Corral and Pickett will be picked top 20. There are a rare number of teams who need QBs, can't remember the last time there were so many really. If that kind of thing happens, the entire first round is a fruit basket upset.

Just have a hard time buying that a team that's drafted first overall in consecutive years thinks they're one defensive lineman away from making a difference. If they do hold on to the pick it sounds like they prefer the Georgia guy to the Michigan guy but there is a ton of room for them to fuck this draft up.

Giants gonna love the choice of corner from Cinci or corner from LSU being a thing

Just have a hard time buying that a team that's drafted first overall in consecutive years thinks they're one defensive lineman away from making a difference. If they do hold on to the pick it sounds like they prefer the Georgia guy to the Michigan guy but there is a ton of room for them to fuck this draft up.
The problem for them is no one is willing to pay the price to trade up. When no QB is considered a franchise guy and there isn’t one sure thing having the first pick means very little.

It's not out of sorts to think that Willis, Corral and Pickett will be picked top 20. There are a rare number of teams who need QBs, can't remember the last time there were so many really. If that kind of thing happens, the entire first round is a fruit basket upset.
I don’t see three QBs in the first round at all but who knows in this wacky draft.

Back