***2021 Tokyo Olympics in-game thread***

It was this morning but was cool, even without a crowd. I learned about Nauru which I had never heard of before. Can't believe they had someone make it
Kinda upset I missed it, have seen a couple really cool things

Not watching whatever BS NBC is selling, if you can't give me live handball you're a hard punt

Guess I just tried to make it out of rod's thread

Will keep me interested when it's 2am here and 5 for most of you, just don't even know when/who/how and haven't seen a schedule that I don't need translated

Is this guy #10 on Brazil serious? Twice he's gone down "writhing" in pain and both replays showed he didn't get hit

And pickleball, hell let's make hopscotch viable

The scholarships could be insane...and don't go there with beer pong
Pickleball is OK but I think if archery is still an Olympic sport then darts certainly should be.

And we're not far from cornhole being one either......

Real events that were at one time part of the Olympics:

1) Tug-of-war - 1900 to 1920 games (I would love to see that one make a comeback!)
2) Plunge for distance - 1904 only (probably to unsafe to try today)
3) Live pigeon shooting - 1900 only (they switched to clays after that. If NYC ever gets to host a comeback could be in the offing).
4) Horse long jump (with rider) - 1900 only (1900 Paris was a wild year for the Olympics)
5) Croquet - 1900 only

Some demonstration sports that didn't get picked up:
1) Dueling (using wax bullets)
2) Korfball (a combination of lacrosse with sticks and basketball without dribbling)
3) American football (1932 in LA)
4) Lacrosse
5) Gliding
6) Finnish baseball (the ball gets pitched vertically)
7) Kabaddi (a combination of tag and kill the carrier)
8) Aussie rules football
9) Water skiing
10) Bowling
11) Roller hockey

Proposed for LA in 2028 - flag football

US/Sweden women’s soccer parlay for tonight. Good know it only pays 1-2 but that shit ain’t losing, and if it does I’ll take the hit

Simone Biles out for "mental" reasons? Is she one of those people that if they are doing bad takes their ball and goes home? Would not have expected that frmo someone with her experience but ok. Some people don't like it when they don't win.

The performances today by some of the star US women athletes can only mean one thing: time for the Trans team to get the call up so the US can regain dominance.

The performances today by some of the star US women athletes can only mean one thing: time for the Trans team to get the call up so the US can regain dominance.
We've lost so much traction, time for the game changer

Simone Biles out for "mental" reasons? Is she one of those people that if they are doing bad takes their ball and goes home? Would not have expected that frmo someone with her experience but ok. Some people don't like it when they don't win.
No personal opinion here but the takes on SM are quite interesting.

Let's put some other athlete names in there and see the reaction.

Ok, she succumbed to the pressure and realized she was hurting the team. I can accept the reality of that and not hold it against her, as long as she doesn’t come back in two days and compete and win the individuals. There would be backlash for that and rightly so.

I’ll catch heat for this but why is everyone praising biles? She claimed an injury, wrapped her leg, and quit, then she’s not injured, only injury is to her pride and it’s deemed mental health? Then why fake the injury in the first place? I just don’t like how all the sudden “mental health” is becoming an excuse for everything. She had a bad day, didn’t perform her best, and that’s completely ok, just own it, don’t try to build in the excuse as to why you got beat. People fail, they aren’t always at their best, it happens. Blaming mental health just seems a cop out to me, especially after it was initially ruled you were “injured”

Back