2020 Big Red Machine

Marsski

MAC Marvel
Let's get it going, Redleg fans.

They are a trendy pick with a big 3 of Gray, Castillo and Bauer and a serviceable duo of Miley & Disco.
I think Castillo could have a breakout year, his change-up was filthy last year. Offense looks solid with Votto, Suarez, Moose, Winker as the meat of the order although they do need to find steady production from the roughly 78 outfielders they have this year (Shingo/Winker/Ervin/Castellanos/Senzel/Aquino). I'm sure one of those guys will be the DH and Votto will take a day off periodically. I like the bullpen depth of Iglesias, Lorenzen, Garrett although maybe not the high-end quality of some of the top teams. Strop could be a nice bridge they've lacked.
All in all, there's plenty to like here, I see why they are catching some buzz. As many know, they also caught a huge scheduling break with 1/3 of their games vs Tigers/Royals/Pirates including 14 of the first 25 they play. Bell is no genius on the bench but has enough pieces to not fuck it up too bad. Their season win total is lined @ 31 I think

With that schedule, I think they can grab a wild card or maybe even the division in what looks to be wide-open Central. I grabbed some Reds to win the NL pennant at 11/1 a few weeks back, and took a flyer on the Padres at 20/1.

Good luck this year lads.

Game 1 is Friday 7/24 with Sonny Gray on the mound vs Detroit (Boyd). Line opened around -175

Last edited:
Reds def scare me as a cards fan, much more so than the scrubbies. I think it really hard to say how a team gonna look when they add so many pieces that look good on paper. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t, I can’t imagine their defense gonna be saving many runs but their pitching is nasty. Typically when you build on pitching you want to have a solid d behind them!

Starting with 14 of 25 vs those bums should def help them gel! Fast start gonna be huge this year.

Reds def scare me as a cards fan, much more so than the scrubbies. I think it really hard to say how a team gonna look when they add so many pieces that look good on paper. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t, I can’t imagine their defense gonna be saving many runs but their pitching is nasty. Typically when you build on pitching you want to have a solid d behind them!

Starting with 14 of 25 vs those bums should def help them gel! Fast start gonna be huge this year.

It's a fair point about their defense, I'm assuming Shingo has a good glove. The OF could be a mess defensively.

Playoff bump.

We'll be in here Sunday night to discuss once the Reds match-up is official...I have pennant futures with Reds/Padres/Twins so happy to talk it all.

Opponent will be one of Braves/Cubs/Padres....hoping no Padres.

Last edited:
Reds @ Braves Game 1, Wednesday night...Gotta be Bauer to start game 1 for the Reds

Rest of NL Round 1:
Marlins @ Cubs
Cards @ Padres
Brewers @ Dodgers

Last edited:
Much is being made about the Reds big 3 of Bauer, Castillo and Gray as formidable pitching to match up against. Bauer has been nails, but Castillo has been very hittable...seems like they are learning lay off his change up in the dirt. Gray was on the shelf until recently. I think the Reds are going to have to score a decent amount of runs to take care of the Braves. Bullpen has been on the improve down the stretch but still capable of being gas cans. I'm going to be looking to the over in G2....Braves top offense in the NL

Back