2019 New Golf Rules

takeit

THE Wife
I'm sure you all know there are a bunch of new rules coming 1/1/19. However, it looks like the PC bug has hit the sport of golf... Here are the new definitions:

Screen Shot 2018-11-30 at 11.00.46 PM.png

I have used the phrase closely mown quite a bit in some of the buildings out here .. had no idea it was a golf term

So are they revamping the rules book with these new definitions as long as the rules? Seems like a waste of time.

@takeit have you ever played Ballyneal and if so what was your experience like? Also, and you may not have the answer but what’s the area like in that part of CO? Any sort of civilization or is pretty desolate?

Neither of us have played it but I've heard some talk about it being an amazing track to play. It's in the middle of no where and if you look, it's a golf and hunt club, which should speak for itself. Do you have an in to play it, if so, thanks for adding the 2 of us to your group!

Neither of us have played it but I've heard some talk about it being an amazing track to play. It's in the middle of no where and if you look, it's a golf and hunt club, which should speak for itself. Do you have an in to play it, if so, thanks for adding the 2 of us to your group!

It looks beautiful, classic minimalist design by Doak, didn’t have to move a lot of dirt which is what a lot of these architects are looking for nowadays. Plus it’s sand based so that leads you to firm, fast fairways and forces you to get a bit more creative; especially around the green.
I’ve played some upper echelon courses courtesy of guys I’ve caddied for over the years but unfortunately I don’t have an in at this very moment. I’ve caddied for guys that have been guests there and they all really enjoyed the experience.
The reason I asked was because my girls parents are both in poor health and they live in like an hour or two due south of Holyoke, CO so I was curious if the club gets a lot of play because I may try to end up working there for a summer. I currently spend my spring-fall at Sand Valley in Wisconsin (check it out) and winters at Streamsong in Florida.
I just know a lot of those types of private clubs have large National membership bases and a lot of the time don’t cater to more than 10 rounds in a day sometimes.

If ya come visit Wisconsin to play our 3 courses (Sand Valley, Mammoth Dunes, and the Sandbox) I can assure you the finest looper experience you’ve ever had. @mrtake @takeit

Well my Colorado geography seems to be a tad off, I’m totally incorrect about the location of their residence. They reside in a small town called Como, Colorado. It’s actually 4.5 hours from Ballyneal.
@mrtake

Back