2019-2020 NBA Futures

raems

Pretty much a regular
Season coming up and I added some new futures, figured I’d consolidate into one thread

Clips NBA Champs +1400 risking 5u
Lakers NBA Champs +300 risking 20u
Jazz NBA Champs +4200 risking 1u
Heat East Champs +5500 risking 1u

Got these all over the summer, old thread explains my rationale.

Giannis MVP +330, risking 3.3u.
Nobody else on a projected top seed has a cleaner path

Spurs no playoffs +166, risking 6.67u.
Their bench got weaker and I see them selling rather than buying with DDR/Aldridge stints ending

Pacers Under 47.5 wins -125, risking 4.16u
Don’t see an offensive blueprint to our scoring teams, they lost 2 crucial pieces, Dipo won’t be himself this season, and India comedown to start the year. They’re way overvalued.

Bulls Playoffs +246, risking 3.33u
Like their additions and depth, think they have as good a shot as any of these other blah teams at finding 38 wins and sneaking in

Pelicans Playoffs +197, risking 3.33
Pelicans Over 38.5 wins -138, risking 4.58u
I think they have great depth and added a current top 25 NBA player with the first overall pick

Mavs Over 40.5 wins +105, risking 3.33u
Mavs Playoffs +195, risking 3.33u
Luka, KP and logical surrounding pieces has a shot every night against any opponent

Nets Under 44.5 wins -125, risking 4.16u
Brand new team takes time to piece together, all the mojo from last year been replaced + China comedown here too

Suns Under 29.5 wins -110, risking 3.67u
Somebody in the West has to be very bad, don’t see why it won’t be the Suns

Clippers West Champs +225, risking 6.67u

Blazers no playoffs +190, risking 3.33u
Too much roster flux, lack of good wing depth, and reliance on Whiteside here for my liking

Zion ROY -150, risking 10u

I will take this return every day of the week, as I see this as a -150 wager that Zion plays in 60 games this season.

Last edited:
Lots of fun stuff to banter about. I'll start tonight with one... The MVP means so much to Harden...he was quite upset this summer and was basically politicking for it. I feel like that is something that may obviously drive him but that they will push too. Thoughts?

Lots of fun stuff to banter about. I'll start tonight with one... The MVP means so much to Harden...he was quite upset this summer and was basically politicking for it. I feel like that is something that may obviously drive him but that they will push too. Thoughts?

I think they’ll load manage him for the first time this season and generally don’t love betting him off a career year. With that said his team has 1 seed upside and he is the scoring title favorite so taking him isn’t a shot in the dark by any stretch.

Waiting a few more Pels games to sprinkle in Ja ROY to offset most of my Zion risk.

Considering adding some Rockets futures too but tbd. Suns look like a loss and 50/50 on the Pacers, hoping to see a few unexpected losses there.

Waiting a few more Pels games to sprinkle in Ja ROY to offset most of my Zion risk.

Considering adding some Rockets futures too but tbd. Suns look like a loss and 50/50 on the Pacers, hoping to see a few unexpected losses there.
Well, you were spot on about Zion being a top 25 player... He just got a late start. I'm curious if all the coverage of him sways votes anyways. Thoughts?

Well, you were spot on about Zion being a top 25 player... He just got a late start. I'm curious if all the coverage of him sways votes anyways. Thoughts?

He has a real chance if the Pels get in and Morant hits a rookie wall and loses efficiency with his best bigs currently injured. With that said, the Zion and Pels futures are so correlated right now that I want to just offload some risk. Feels greedy to continue sitting on both positions in their entirety.

He has a real chance if the Pels get in and Morant hits a rookie wall and loses efficiency with his best bigs currently injured. With that said, the Zion and Pels futures are so correlated right now that I want to just offload some risk. Feels greedy to continue sitting on both positions in their entirety.
Fair enough. I'd do the same.

IMO, Morant did hit that wall a bit in late January/early February. The exposure difference down the stretch will be immense. This could get interesting.

Nice job on Spurs bet.

I'm assuming that Portland bet is still open till play in is done?

3-2, +21.8u.

Nice hit on the spurs, counting Giannis as an inevitable win. The win totals voided out and I sprinkled 1u on Herro +1400 before he got injured for ROY, and mixed up at a few books a blended 21u to win 10u on Ja ROY, which nets out at -6u on the Zion ROY bet. That equals 4-3, +15.8u on completed wagers. If I had to guess the Portland bet will be a loser soon to getting me to +12.5u.

Remaining:

clips champs 5/70
Lakers champs 20/60
Jazz champs 1/42 (burn this one now)
Heat east champs 1/55
Clips west champs 6.67/12.3

New additions since last post:

clips west champs 20/39 blended at a few books

philly east champs 3/14 placed mid season, little did I know this had no value

Raptors east champs 3/30 placed at a poorly priced book before the bubble

rockets west champs 3/30 placed at the same poorly priced book before the bubble

I think Miami beats Milwaukee to get us a Heat Raptors ECF, and I’ve thought the clips are the best team all year now they’re healthy and drew a double bye. I’m on record liking the Rockets’ strategy against the Lakers but the Russ injury came at a very inopportune time.

My big exposure in terms of likelihood is Milwaukee winning the east. If I’m right about Miami I should have an opportunity to take some risk off the table in round 2 if the heat go up 2-1 or 3-2. To anybody questioning my prices on the original wagers posted preseason, I had a Kawhi prediction/subsequent freakout last July in a separate thread where my Clips championship price was documented.

Back