2018 Sleepers

Royce Freeman and Jordan Wilkins at rb

I think Alex Collins could have a big year.

Robert Woods as a wr2.

Jack Doyle.

Keelan Cole. Stepped up when Robinson (now with Bears) went down and was frequently targeted. Now with Lee injured he looks to be Bortles‘ top target and build off strong end of last season including 3 90-190 yard games in weeks 14-17

I think Mixon will have a big year for the Bengals. Ross is explosive, too. Look for him in the late rounds as a lottery ticket. The Bengals defense is also underrated. Their line is ferocious.

Keelan Cole. Stepped up when Robinson (now with Bears) went down and was frequently targeted. Now with Lee injured he looks to be Bortles‘ top target and build off strong end of last season including 3 90-190 yard games in weeks 14-17

too bad Bortles is his QB

I think Kirk could surprise as a rookie in AZ. I got my eye on Ross in Cincy too. He had that great play over the weekend but he's been playing/practicing well prior to that game from what I've read.

I also think Funchess is going to be a lot better this year.

None of these guys play with a "great" QB which is why they may fall in drafts IMO.

I think Mixon will have a big year for the Bengals. Ross is explosive, too. Look for him in the late rounds as a lottery ticket. The Bengals defense is also underrated. Their line is ferocious.
Someone took Bengals defense very early in my draft tonight.

Someone took Bengals defense very early in my draft tonight.
It’ll be a defense that gets a ton of sacks and creates turnovers. Dunlap and Atkins are beasts but watch out for Lawson. He will get dd sacks. And William Jackson is the most underrated corner in the game.

I think Kirk could surprise as a rookie in AZ. I got my eye on Ross in Cincy too. He had that great play over the weekend but he's been playing/practicing well prior to that game from what I've read.

I also think Funchess is going to be a lot better this year.

None of these guys play with a "great" QB which is why they may fall in drafts IMO.
Yep, Ross has had a great offseason. He’s back to full strength and has spent a ton of time working with Green and Dalton. Breakout candidate. Also will really help AJ.

For the first time in recent memory I actually am a buyer of the Bears' offense for value, obviously a lot of that comes down to Trubisky but the backup is plenty capable as well. I kinda assume most people go into fantasy trying to figure out first which teams will put up numbers then go from there...easy to say Steelers, Rams, Falcons etc as teams to target early but Chargers receivers (I think, not doing fantasy this year) are still undervalued and if you're a buyer of the Bears offense, Robinson and Miller are great value

yeah those 3 TDs, sub-200 ypg and 4 fumbles. At least think before you reply

14/26 214 yards 1 touchdown at Pitt and 23/36 293 yards 1 touchdown at England. Maybe you should read before you reply because I asked about the whole playoffs and not just the Buffalo game. Then ofc there was the 4400 yards in 2015, so it‘s not like he‘s always just sucked and never put up nice numbers. He developed mechanical issues that he‘s worked through

Knowing a bit about the Jags and his role in the offense also helps :) citing his lack of yards is just a strawman otherwise.

Hey and how about being less of an ass in a simple convo? Goes a long way.

Last edited:
@VirginiaCavs you are worse at soccer in-games, but this isn't much better

he threw 3 TDs in the entire playoffs, averaged below 200 ypg in the entire playoffs and fumbled four times in the entire playoffs, which is what you cited. Those are terrible numbers and his coaching staff had no faith in him to throw late vs NE and that's why they were unable to hold onto a big lead and were eliminated.

Using 2015 numbers when he stacked yardage in garbage time doesn't support your argument either, stop pretending you have a clue.

He is a terrible QB and last year the team succeeded because they had a great defense and Marrone refused to let him throw the ball to jeopardize the team

Suffice it to say that anyone who had Bortles as a QB for the playoffs in whatever formats they have out there for fantasy wouldn't have been successful...and being that this is a fantasy thread in the fantasy forum, I'm not sure Bortles strengthens the WRs so much

@GWarner27 @KJ

For as ridiculous as it may seem and for as sub-par as he may appear as an everyday QB...this is fantasy we are talking about. Totally different ball game. Here are his rankings the last 3 years:

2015 - 3rd overall QB
2016 - 8th overall QB
2017 - 13th overall QB (1 point out of 12th)

Most leagues are 12-team leagues and he is servicable because of his added rushing stats.

http://fftoday.com/stats/playerstats.php?Season=2015&GameWeek=&PosID=10&LeagueID=
http://fftoday.com/stats/playerstats.php?Season=2016&GameWeek=&PosID=10&LeagueID=
http://fftoday.com/stats/playerstats.php?Season=2017&GameWeek=&PosID=10

I personally wouldn't take him in fantasy, but he's better than you might think...and based on 12-team leagues, he's basically been starter worthy each of the last 3 seasons.

I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't look it up either.

I had him one year as a backup to Peyton, only played him once or twice but I get it

Just using those playoff stats wasn't the argument to make for those receivers, a better one would be that teams will absolutely try to destroy the JAX run game and force BB to throw and hope JAX is playing from behind a bit. Notice 13th overall was his best year as a player (not statistically for fantasy) of those you posted and that's because he wasn't playing from behind as much as years past.

My point is that as a fantasy QB he's a different animal than as a real-life QB. And now the Jax has an even more improved O Line AND the loss of Lee...I expect his numbers to continue to go down...but that doesn't mean that he hasn't been a fantasy sleeper the last 3 years. The 300 rushing yards and 2 TD in 2015 makes all the difference in the world in 4pt pass TD leagues.

Don't think he's going to get better than 12/13 like last year though...

Yeah kinda what I was saying, the better they got, the less he had to throw...the fantasy number decreased. If they are a playoff team again this season (running/defense) I would think 13 to be his ceiling.

My point is that as a fantasy QB he's a different animal than as a real-life QB. And now the Jax has an even more improved O Line AND the loss of Lee...I expect his numbers to continue to go down...but that doesn't mean that he hasn't been a fantasy sleeper the last 3 years. The 300 rushing yards and 2 TD in 2015 makes all the difference in the world in 4pt pass TD leagues.

Don't think he's going to get better than 12/13 like last year though...

Sure, but that’s not what Cavs was saying.

I wouldn’t want to rely on garbage time passing stats from a bad QB on a team who will likely be winning more often than it isn’t, but he can certainly put up numbers against prevent defense if JAX is bad again

Back